To new TSX owners, tips to keep your car looking like "new."

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To new TSX owners, tips to keep your car looking like "new."

1. Mudguards - Most new TSX's come with Mudugards for some reason. They're good at keeping crap off the lower areas of the car, but they will scratch the crap out of your paint. Put some tape (electrical tape or 3M clearbra tape) where the mudguards meet the painted areas, and prevent the mudguards from eating away your paint. You can also paint them to match the body color, and they will not be an eye sore.

2. Interior mats - Invest in the TSX rubber mats. These work wonders in keeping your stock mats and carpeting like new.

3. Exterior Paint - TSX has notoriously weak paint. They chip easily. Invest in a 3M clear bra, or at least a hood bra. If you do ge the hood bra, recommend cleaning under it regularly, as dust will scratch your hood.

4. Fog lights - They are made out of glass. They will break eventually, and if you want to replace it, it will cost you. Make a fog mesh grille, or buy some protection film to put over them. So far it has worked wonders. (But don't leave the fog lights on too long while stopped, they will burn the film.)

5. For those putting bike carriers or ski carriers on their TSX - Like the mudguards, tape up the area with the 3M clear tape, where it comes into contact with the body.

I probably missed something, but these are things I can think of.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Registered Car Nut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's a good list. I'm looking at the 3M clearbra for mine... i know the mudguards will scratch the paint, but i'm not planning to take them off!

I'm also going to look for the TSX rubber mats. I bought some Michelin rubber mats, and they did an OK job; i just wish they would protect the side of the carpeting within the footwell (some salt deposited on the carpet, which I need to water & vinegar it out)...

Thanks for putting the list together!