Navigation system

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 11:53 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation system

My navigation says please check disk.!! But I press the exit disk button and it doesn't make no sound or anything I tried inserting a disk and it doesn't let me... (A regular music disk) I also placed a music disk on the box that has in the trunk but when I press cd on the stereo it won't play it what can I do.??
Old 12-08-2014, 03:00 PM
2004 TSX NAV 5AT MSM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I am a little unclear about what your saying. The question is, is the check disc message you are seeing on your screen for the Navigation DVD in the Trunk of the car or for a music CD that you have in the CD player INSIDE the car in the center console?

Just so we are clear, the ONLY disc that goes into the drive located in the trunk of your car is the Acura Navigation DVD. The sole purpose of that drive in the trunk is to feed the map and other data to the Navigation System. That Navigation DVD stays in that drive at all times. So insure that the disc in the drive in the TRUNK is the Acura Navigation DVD. After you put that disc in the DVD drive in the trunk (make sure you have your car running) and close the little door that slides up if your drive has one like my 2004 does) does the Navigation System start up and work? Or do you get a "check disc" message? If it works then you are good to go as far as the Navigation System is concerned. If you get an error then you either have a problem with the DVD disc or that drive in the trunk.

The CD player which is part of the radio inside the car is for playing music CD's (it can take up to 6). When you put music CD's in the CD Player in the center console do they play? Or do you get a check disc message? If you get a check disc message then either the disc is bad or you CD Player is going bad.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:53 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
You might try rebooting the thing by disconnecting the wires and then connecting them back. You will need the NAV code once it is reset.

My Nav periodically asks for the NAV code because the power connection is not very tight and hitting bumps can reset the device.