Leasing..help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 07:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Leasing..help!

I have never leased a car before, but I am almost certain I will be leasing my TSX when the time comes. I will be using the car for business and I figure it will get some wear and tear that I do not want for my own personal car. Also, lower payments. Plus-am still hoping that they come out with a Type-S or V-6, etc. TSX in the future and do not want to be locked into a car 4-5 years down the road. Anyways-someone tell me about leasing! Your experiences, tips for negotiating, etc. Also, was wondering if putting extra accessories on the car affects the lease/vales, etc. For example, the aero kit. Any thoughts???
Old 07-07-2003, 07:56 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SaraWI ... have a start on this site ... it taught me a TON about leasing.

http://www.leaseguide.com/

By the way, I am leasing also cause I work at home and I too have hopes of a TSX Type S in 3 years
Old 07-07-2003, 08:13 PM
Pro

Originally posted by provench
SaraWI ... have a start on this site ... it taught me a TON about leasing.

http://www.leaseguide.com/

By the way, I am leasing also cause I work at home and I too have hopes of a TSX Type S in 3 years
Yup, I remember when provench slapped the old leasing guide on me. Just read up, it tells you a lot. [ leasing guide]
Old 07-08-2003, 07:30 AM
Advanced

Leasing can be a smart alternative, but how well you do will largely depend on how smart (i.e., informed) you are. There are way more variables with a lease than with an outright purchase or purchase / finance, almost all of which are negotiable. There are also many more ways for a dealer to reach into your pockets without you even knowing his hand is there. I'd recommend you read up all you can about leasing before you take the plunge. And for crying out loud don't get suckered in to focussing on the monthly payment alone - that's the first thing the dealer will point to when he finds out that you want to lease. Far more important than the monthly payment itself is how that figure was arrived at. If you understand all the variables, that number is sure to go down.

Cheers,

Jaeger

You wouldn't believe how many dealers tried to tell me that ALL leases are based on MSRP, and since I'll be turning the car in at the end of term, it somehow "doesn't matter" that the starting point is full price. Sheesh.