How modified is too modified?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 10:19 AM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How modified is too modified?

This thread is half rant half question. FYI…

So I’m drivin to work this morn at around 5:30. Cruisin from Tacoma to Seattle on I-5 somewhere around Auburn and all of a sudden the fast lane just stops and I slam on the breaks. No skids luckily, but when I look in the rear view mirror the car behind me is just swirving and trying to slow down before he hits me. Luckily he didn’t! So as I sat there in the only lane not moving on I-5 I got impatient and switched over to the lane to the right of me and start blowing past everyone in the fast lane. After passing up about 50 cars I see the reason everyone is breaking and almost crashing in to each other (in the fast lane only). There is this fukn “tool” in a slammed lowered 90’s white civic coupe with a black unpainted rear bumper slowing down on the interstate to go over bumps as if he were cruising through the mall parking lot going over speed bumps. I just layed on my horn going past this jack ass.

Well after a bit of driving this tool pulls up next to me and he is now in the Car Pool lane and he is the only person in his car. And I know he had to drive his ass off to catch up with me since he was going 10-15mph with 50+ cars backed up behind him when I passed him at about 60 honking. So he pulls up next to me and just stays in front of me too my left as to say check out my cool car. Then he merges over and squeezes his P.O.S. between me and the car in front of me. Then after he realizes that I aint gonna back off since he basically cut me off he pulls 2 lanes over to the right. Then I once again pass him since those lanes were moving slower. Well sure enough about 5 min later here comes “king civic tool” in the far left car pool lane passing me again. I was like, “What a fukn idiot!” And this time I got to see the fire works. It looked like he had one of those cusco lower strut bar dealy things undermeath. (Jtso had one before he put on his new exhaust on his TSX.) The thing was scraping the ground sending sparks everywhere. It was like the Fourth of July. This dude just made himself look like an ass this morning.

There should be a limit to how much people modify their cars. If its so low that you have to compensate your driving techniques and threaten the life of others on the road…..it may be too low! This why Hawaii has a reconstruction inspection. It helps eliminate vehicles like this on the roads.

I just wanted to walk up and punch this guy in the head as hard as I could! If any of you visit the civic forums and know this guy, tell him to sell his car or turn in his license, because lives are not worth the look of a slammed civic.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:22 AM
Luke 1:37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't hate, LOL
Old 09-15-2005, 10:30 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,656 Likes on 2,490 Posts
that is a great story but I still am not going stop modding and i hope you dont you just have to do it right and also know how to install your parts properly haha.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:09 AM
Guinea Pig

I am not going to stop modding! Or hating I just have a problem with people doing stuff to cars that makes them impede the flow of traffic in order for them to look like idiots. Improperly lowering cars is bad for everyone that shares the road with them.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:11 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'd say making sparks on the freeway = overmodified
Old 09-15-2005, 11:11 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by virtualbong
Don't hate, LOL
Don't hate?

FREE TIBET!

Old 09-15-2005, 11:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Ya I would say overmodified,.....dont know what the heck they are doing if sparks are flying all over the place,.hahaha.

There are some speedbumps over near my friends house,......and all the time little civics and such come along all lowered,......and ATTEMPT to go over the bumps,.......and get stuck half way over,.......its so funny (these are wide/long speed bumps). Then the driver/passengers have to get out and push if off,.........its really a sight to see. Of course,.......we just laugh at them cause they look like idiots. I cant stand those cheap exhausts some ppl use too,......sound like lawnmowers or something.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:03 PM
Registered Schmegistered

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by West6MT
There are some speedbumps over near my friends house,......and all the time little civics and such come along all lowered,......and ATTEMPT to go over the bumps,.......and get stuck half way over,.......its so funny (these are wide/long speed bumps). Then the driver/passengers have to get out and push if off,.........its really a sight to see. Of course,.......we just laugh at them cause they look like idiots. I cant stand those cheap exhausts some ppl use too,......sound like lawnmowers or something.
Oh you need to get pics of that and post them.

On the subject, I hate people that slam their cars so low that they have to swerve at odd moments just to avoid potholes or other misc. crap in the road. What even worse is normal cars or even SUV's that slow down to a creeping pace to go over speed bumps in parking lots. Hell I barely slow down for them, why the hell are they creeping over them.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:09 PM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by West6MT
Ya I would say overmodified,.....dont know what the heck they are doing if sparks are flying all over the place,.hahaha.

pics please...

and tell us the major intersection. i too would like to be entertained, in the event that i am completed bored out of my mind...
Old 09-15-2005, 12:12 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is this the guy?

Old 09-15-2005, 12:22 PM
I'm a llama :(

I'd just ask, "How low is too low." It doesn't sound like this car is very modified, just very low. Being highly modified doesn't mean drag-your-balls low.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:05 PM
Guinea Pig

Originally Posted by Tsx536
Is this the guy?

Nope! Not the right gen But I do like the sewer pipe exhaust.

The civic was def riced out. He had a gauge cluster on the drivers side of the windshield along the bar that runs from the dash to the roof......whats that called again? Brainfart....
Old 09-15-2005, 01:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I guess we should distinguish the difference between "highly modified" and "wrongly modified". Some modification just wrong and can be dangerous. Have you guys seen lowered cars with really wide wheel/tire setup that go past the fenders like an offroad truck? Just imagine the car hits a bump and the fender slices open the tire.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:25 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by CJams
Nope! Not the right gen But I do like the sewer pipe exhaust.

The civic was def riced out. He had a gauge cluster on the drivers side of the windshield along the bar that runs from the dash to the roof......whats that called again? Brainfart....
The A Pillar
Old 09-15-2005, 01:29 PM
8 hrs/day in a Crown Vic

I once had this kid that worked for me. He lowered his S-10 pickup so much that when he changed lanes the front crossmenber scraped off the Botts dots from the freeway.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
LOL,.........ok, I will try to get some pics. I think I am hanging out with my friend tomorrow,.......so hopefully we will get lucky and catch some guy hung up on one of the speed bumps. The funny thing is,...its not even at a major intersection or anything. They are at the top of a rather large hill,.....as it plains out to flat road again,....before a smaller intersection. Once ppl get hung up though,.......Im sure they wont try that road again,...so hopefully we get a guy that has not attempted them before. When it happends it is hilarious. Ill tell my friend to keep his camera ready if it happends again anytime soon.

Steve
Old 09-15-2005, 01:31 PM
Burning Brakes