Headliner treatment/cleaner?

Old 09-23-2005, 09:47 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headliner treatment/cleaner?

So Ive been checking out my soft fabric headliner the other night. I noticed in Houston mosquitos like to settle onto it and stick themselves into it. So I smack them and it leaves a very slight blemish. I make sure not to splatter them.

I was wondering if anyone has treated thier headliners with ScotchGuard, or any other similar protectant or treatments? If so how did you spray it on or apply it without getting it all over the car? Im not sure but I think at one point over the past few years I actually saw this product with an application scrubber/brush. Does anyone know if they still make such a thing and where it is available at?

Just trying to keep the car clean if it survives Hurricane Rita.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:22 PM
My bolonga has a 1st name

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
great question, i'm also curious.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 97AcuraCL
great question, i'm also curious.

A good question for the Off Topic / Clean & Wax section.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:17 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by jlukja

A good question for the Off Topic / Clean & Wax section.
Maybe a mod might peek in and link/move it to that forum? Im pretty curious about treating mine soon. If there is gas available in Houston sunday, I'll fill up and look around town for something.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:12 AM
Racer

I looked around at several places today and could only find the spray can for about $7. No more scrubbing brush or applicator version (not even sure if it were ever available).

So Ive decided Im just going to pick me up a can of the 3M ScotchGuard spray. I'll spray it onto a lint free cloth and wipe it onto the headliner by hand. I'll probably have to saturate the cloth to apply enough to the headliner.

I wonder if a ScotchGuard treated cloth with eventually repel ScotchGuard itself? Now I have to find a very good quality lint free cloth that will not release its dye as I wipe it across my headliner. Last thing I want to happen is to be protecting my headliner, then have a green or yellow dye smear all over it from the cloth I selected. That would be sad.