Has any tsx exprienced water seepage from underneath.

Old 11-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has any tsx exprienced water seepage from underneath.

I checked the threads but could'nt find anything like this. 2 weeks back there was heavy flooding in oregon and my car had to go thru puddles of water. I noticed water (about 1/2 inch water) stagnating in the floormats on the driver read side and fully wet on the driver side one day after driving in the rains. now it is l at the dealer.They said they had isolated the problem and that they had to order some carpet kit to be replaced and the carpet kit has to come from overseas. what could be the problem of this water seepage. could this have any problems in the future,can somebody help?

thanks / nanda
Old 11-18-2006, 02:31 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Where you using your a/c or heature when you noticed the stagnant water on the floormats?

Other than that my guess would be that if you were going through some super high puddles that maybe some water got in
Old 11-18-2006, 02:49 PM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by nanda68
I checked the threads but could'nt find anything like this. 2 weeks back there was heavy flooding in oregon and my car had to go thru puddles of water. I noticed water (about 1/2 inch water) stagnating in the floormats on the driver read side and fully wet on the driver side one day after driving in the rains. now it is l at the dealer.They said they had isolated the problem and that they had to order some carpet kit to be replaced and the carpet kit has to come from overseas. what could be the problem of this water seepage. could this have any problems in the future,can somebody help?

thanks / nanda
Very weird. I live up the coast near Seattle, and just today noticed the bottom of the driver side all weather mat had some water on it. The thing is I don't drive the car much due to having a company vehicle, and the carpet itself didn't really feel wet. I certainly haven't been blasting any puddles lately. Just a small area of the mat was wet.

I wonder if cold then warmer weather can cause some kind of condensation under there. I'll double check to see if the carpet area is wet.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Burning Brakes

not sure, i dont drive the tsx in the rain
Old 11-18-2006, 05:57 PM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ck123
not sure, i dont drive the tsx in the rain
How does this help the thread? ;-P

Anyway, is it just the carpet, or are other things wet as well? Maybe the window wasn't closed all the way?

I don't believe there's a drain anywhere in the wheel well. Although when I had the dead pedal off, I might have seen a hole or two...not sure if they would be accessible from the outside, but it might be a route that water would take...