Graphite Pearl (aka Carbon Gray) TSX in Greater Vancouver area

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 07:14 PM
Top notch 6MT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Graphite Pearl (aka Carbon Gray) TSX in Greater Vancouver area

Just wonder who else out there in the Greater Vancouver area also has a Graphite Pearl TSX.

About a week before I've got mine (which was 10 days ago), I've seen a GP one in Richmond, B.C. but since then I haven't spotted another one - other than my own! As GP/CG is a new TSX colour for Canada in '05, it may take a while to show up on the streets... just too curious as I haven't run into another one still!!!
Old 02-27-2005, 03:51 AM
Racer

i've seen 2, but i own a pwp
Old 02-27-2005, 04:01 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have one.......and so far......I've only seen one in Vancouver.....and i think one today around Parker area~
Old 02-27-2005, 12:52 PM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by Benz_05_TSX
I have one.......and so far......I've only seen one in Vancouver.....and i think one today around Parker area~
The one you saw at Parker Place (Richmond) on Sat (before noon) is probably me I was there for a bit. Parked nose-in on the ground level, near the food court entrance.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:12 PM
Cruisin'

Hello

I just signed onto this board today, but have been lurking over the past 5 weeks.
This thread caught my attention since i am from Vancouver as well.
I am in the market to buy a new car these next few months and i am considering purchasing a 05 TSX auto - white colour (the other choice is the Nissan Altima 3.5SE).
At which dealership did you guys buy your cars (Burrard or Richmond) and how much did you guys pay for your cars (pls state auto or manual)?

I current drive an old VW 1987 Golf. I've had this since i started university.
Yeah. It is indeed a very long time to own a car and it will be quite a "hop up" from an euro economy car to a sporty-ish sedan! The Golf has been a very reliable car, but it is getting quite worn out. i"ve gotten tired of replacing this and that and the replacement parts are costing more than the car is worth.

I would appreciate the inputs from fellow vancouverites.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:00 PM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by Tony the Tiger
Hello
I am in the market to buy a new car these next few months and i am considering purchasing a 05 TSX auto - white colour (the other choice is the Nissan Altima 3.5SE).
At which dealership did you guys buy your cars (Burrard or Richmond) and how much did you guys pay for your cars (pls state auto or manual)?
Well, I think normally the "sign in" thread is meant for enlisting "how much you paid for" type info, though I haven't entered my purchasing info there (you'll see why as my case is a bit weird)...

Anyway, I can tell you here that I got mine from Richmond Acura. My case was slightly unusual as I went in with a '03 RSX on a 4-year lease from the same dealership. The RSX lease wasn't up until July '07, but we wanted to try getting out of it and switch to the TSX (2005 6MT, NO Nav).

Long story short, we were introduced (several years ago) to their sales manager, so we skipped all the hand-wavings on the sales floor and dealt directly with the man. He cut us a very honest and good deal. I cannot disclose exact numbers here, but I can hook you up with this guy and I am sure he'll treat you just as nice as to me.

Just curious, why considering the Nissan Altima 3.5SE? That car never made it to my shopping list, so I maybe ignorant about what it offers. Please enligten me.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:27 PM
Cruisin'

05_TSX_GP

I have not tested any cars recently. I tested the Honda Accord V6 and 4 cylinder before and after the current Accord styling came to the market and my car hunting came to a stop when I decided to buy a Yaletown condo instead 2 years ago. The price on the condo was too good to pass up and I figure the VW could still last me a bit longer. Besides, the current Accord styling did not appeal to me.

There is obviously a price difference between the Altima (sporty family sedan) and the TSX (sports sedan). I realize there is a $5000 MSRP price difference between the Altima 3.5 SE auto tranny w/ sunroof - $32,716 versus TSX $37,300.
I like the V6 engine on the Altima.

This may sound strange, but a friend leased a BMW 325 last year and I was blown away at how a sports sedan felt like when he took me for a spin around the block. However, my friend ended up leasing a "lemon" (its been returned to the dealer several times to fix mechanical problems). Anyway, my friend suggested that i consider a TSX if I ever considered a more expensive car since Acura products are more reliable and that i "should have some fun driving". My mother's friend also complained about the mechanical problems with his 5 series BMW.
I am single w/o kids. Before that ride in the BMW, I would never have considered beyond family sedan (Accord, Camry, Altima).

Could you at least tell me if you got below MSRP price for you car?
Old 02-27-2005, 10:23 PM
Advanced

I live in Vancouver too and i have a 05 pwp TSX.
I am just wondering how much does it cost you guys to fill it up with 91 octane when the fuel light just on?
Old 02-27-2005, 11:48 PM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by FiVa
I am just wondering how much does it cost you guys to fill it up with 91 octane when the fuel light just on?
Doesn't your location say TO - which usually means Toronto?

Anyway, I haven't filled my tank to full yet. Only had mine for week and a half, fuel light came on after about 400km and I only put it $20 or so as the street sign (regular stuff) was at 94.something at the time...
Old 02-27-2005, 11:55 PM
Top notch 6MT

05_TSX_GP

Could you at least tell me if you got below MSRP price for you car?
Oh yeah, definitely can get the TSX below MSRP - no question about that.

I got to run now, but I can share more thoughts on BMW 3er vs TSX later. You can also see that in the other thread - "Acura TSX vs. Bmw 325i vs. Mercedes C230". I've put in my 2 cents there and there are other great input from others...
Old 03-01-2005, 11:15 AM
Top notch 6MT

Question anymore GP in G.Van.???

So "Tony the Tiger" and I took his car shopping discussion offline to private messages...

Anyone else in the G.Van. area with a Graphite Pearl TSX? Or does everything just keep spotting the same 2 (or 3?) out there?

From my frequent travel amongst Vancouver, Richmond and even Burnaby, I still haven't spotted another GP TSX! Guess it could be a good thing, makes mine more unique
Old 03-01-2005, 05:14 PM
Instructor

Saw one at Metrotown and park mine PWP right beside it! I like the CG but I will still take a PWP TSX anyday!
Old 03-02-2005, 02:19 PM
bleh...

Originally Posted by 05_TSX_GP
So "Tony the Tiger" and I took his car shopping discussion offline to private messages...

Anyone else in the G.Van. area with a Graphite Pearl TSX? Or does everything just keep spotting the same 2 (or 3?) out there?

From my frequent travel amongst Vancouver, Richmond and even Burnaby, I still haven't spotted another GP TSX! Guess it could be a good thing, makes mine more unique
There are more VAN owners, but most of them on another site.

CG is one of the nicest colors for the TSX, my first choice, again congrats on a nice color choice.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:49 PM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by ABP-CL9-TSX
There are more VAN owners, but most of them on another site.

CG is one of the nicest colors for the TSX, my first choice, again congrats on a nice color choice.
Thanks! Could you tell me which site they are on?

This site is so great, maybe I'll try and convert them to come onboard here
Old 03-02-2005, 02:52 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Post of the year.

Old 03-02-2005, 05:38 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by FiVa
Another Vancouver TSX here - 04 SSM. My most recent fill-up was $45 (light was on).
Old 03-04-2005, 12:09 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by YVRTSX
Another Vancouver TSX here - 04 SSM. My most recent fill-up was $45 (light was on).
Most people don't know what YVR stands for. Do you work at the airport?
Old 03-04-2005, 09:57 AM
Instructor

Most people don't know what YVR stands for. Do you work at the airport?
I don't work at the airport - just fly out of it often.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:24 PM
Top notch 6MT

Holy $h!# I still haven't spotted another GP/CG TSX in the GV area. It's been almost a month since I got mine... seen loads (at least half dozen a day!) of PWP though and bunches of Silver.

Honestly, I am glad I've gone for GP instead of PWP (it was either one for me), seems more unique still.

What a great sunny day we've had, so cruised down Robson street this afternoon, music blasting and all
Old 03-13-2005, 10:14 PM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Since you all seems to talk so much about this color can any of you post some pics of your Graphite Pearl on please. Very curious what it looks like!!!
Old 03-13-2005, 10:21 PM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by ed99
Since you all seems to talk so much about this color can any of you post some pics of your Graphite Pearl on please. Very curious what it looks like!!!
I haven't got pix of mine ready to share online yet, but do a search on Carbon Gray or CG here, you should be able to find a bunch. I'll post pix of mine up somewhere soon and share them...

Interestingly enough, when I was deciding to order mine, I did searches on the web for pix of this colour and ended up finding this site and getting hooked so much to it!!!
Old 03-13-2005, 10:22 PM
Photography Nerd

It's exactly the same as CG, they just came up with another name for it in Canada.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:37 PM
Cruisin'

I passed by a Graphite Pearl this morning on my way to work at the airport at SW Marine Drive at Cambie intersection. The TSX was heading east bound.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:08 PM
Top notch 6MT

I passed by a Graphite Pearl this morning on my way to work at the airport at SW Marine Drive at Cambie intersection. The TSX was heading east bound.
Thanks for your spotting report. I can tell you that's not me... I was in the east part of Van in the morning

Doesn't it look just awesome in GP?
Old 03-14-2005, 03:18 PM
Cruisin'

Actually, i rather like the Premium White Pearl and the Silver finish. I am leaning more towards the white if i decide on the purchase. It seems to me that most TSX's around town are white, followed by silver in 2nd place. The other colours seem pretty rare too.

But it is pretty cool to have a colour that is rare in town.
...To each his own.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:33 PM
Top notch 6MT

Actually, i rather like the Premium White Pearl and the Silver finish. I am leaning more towards the white if i decide on the purchase. It seems to me that most TSX's around town are white, followed by silver in 2nd place. The other colours seem pretty rare too.

But it is pretty cool to have a colour that is rare in town.
...To each his own.
Oh yeah, totally streetful of PWP here... well, Silver cars (not just TSX) are just everywhere to begin with.

Definitely go for whatever works for you man, as long as it's a TSX I am still sure GP is a bit rare here just because it's a new colour choice for '05 here. Seems like there are loads of CG(=GP) South of the border as they've had that since TSX intro (correct me if I am wrong).
Old 03-14-2005, 03:50 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
I've yet to see one and thats saying something since I see ~186 TSX's a day.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:52 PM
Top notch 6MT

Here are some pix of my GP taken yesterday at Stanely Park in BEAUTIFUL British Columbia

Old 03-14-2005, 04:01 PM
Top notch 6MT

oops, the middle pic in top row doesn't link out for some reason... oh well, the rest seem to work
Old 03-14-2005, 08:30 PM
Photography Nerd

Nice and shiny.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:57 PM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by Dan Martin
Nice and shiny.
Thanks, timed my touchless wash perfectly here last Friday afternoon
Old 03-15-2005, 12:10 AM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Finally I see what color you guys are talking about. Thanks for the pics 05_TSX_GP!!!

Amazing weather we had over the weekend and the color looks hot dude!! Very nice choice!

Old 03-15-2005, 11:12 AM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by ed99
Finally I see what color you guys are talking about. Thanks for the pics 05_TSX_GP!!!

Amazing weather we had over the weekend and the color looks hot dude!! Very nice choice!
Thanks!!! I am very happy with the colour. A bit of a funny story is that my wife had MAJOR episodes of cold feet before taking delivery of the car. When we went to order, we already had hell of a time deciding between Pearl White Premium and Graphite Pearl. After some time of deliberation, I boldly decided on GP when my wife was still not quite 100% certain. Even after we placed order, she constantly went back to the web (often to AZ here ) to look at the two colours... then at the delivery, she was still like "oh my gosh, did we pick the right colour?! PWP looks so nice too..." :shakehead sigh...

Happy ending is that now she's loving GP as well

Truth is that we would probably be just as happy with PWP
Old 03-16-2005, 01:36 AM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Thanks!!! I am very happy with the colour. A bit of a funny story is that my wife had MAJOR episodes of cold feet before taking delivery of the car. When we went to order, we already had hell of a time deciding between Pearl White Premium and Graphite Pearl. After some time of deliberation, I boldly decided on GP when my wife was still not quite 100% certain. Even after we placed order, she constantly went back to the web (often to AZ here ) to look at the two colours... then at the delivery, she was still like "oh my gosh, did we pick the right colour?! PWP looks so nice too..." :shakehead sigh...

Happy ending is that now she's loving GP as well

Truth is that we would probably be just as happy with PWP
Well at least the color you have is more rare which makes it special!!!
Old 03-16-2005, 11:47 AM
Banned

Ladies n Gentlemen meet teh next Super Mega Mod
Old 03-16-2005, 11:53 AM
Top notch 6MT

Talking

Originally Posted by matelot
Ladies n Gentlemen meet teh next Super Mega Mod
matelot, you didn't so I take that as a compliment. So thanks

Though I can't take that honour man, I am a total rookie... only not here but on forums in general

I to the mods man!
Old 03-18-2005, 11:57 AM
Top notch 6MT

Talking

Hey, I spotted a GP/CG in Van yesterday early evening... first sighting other than my own since taking delivery (like a month ago)!

It's driven by I'd say a mid-age Asian lady, was that anyone here??? If so, "hello there!"

We're heading East on E 49th Ave near Killarney area. She was right behind me for half dozen blocks then turned into a side street. At first I thought it's a black one when I saw in my mirror, then my wife was like "It's same colour as ours!!! Finally!!"
Old 04-20-2006, 07:06 PM
5th Gear

I saw two today, near pender and thurlow...
Old 04-20-2006, 08:14 PM
Instructor

I have to say, Vancouver is PWP city. I see tons of them. CG is definately rare around here. I think the only colour I haven't seen on the road yet is RBP.

I just have to say this...>>>GO CANUCKS GO........next year that is.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:34 PM
Racer

I have one but don't live in Richmond.

Go Canucks!!

Quick Reply: Graphite Pearl (aka Carbon Gray) TSX in Greater Vancouver area