Got clipped, w/pics (56K, load now will work in morning)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 06:47 PM
LOUD NOISES!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Got clipped, w/pics (56K, load now will work in morning)

So I am driving along this morning going to my usual kwik-e-mart/gas station to get myself a cup of coffee before I start a side job. Its around 9AM so there is a moderate to high level of traffic congestion. As I signal to make the right into the gas station some @sshole decides that the “entry only” sign doesn’t apply to them. So I stop and then WHAM. I look directly behind me and there is no one, then I look through my side mirror and on my right rear side I see some jerk off in a 96 Isuzu Trooper connected to the right side of my car. At this point I am I the middle of the road and I get out and point at the guy, then I point into the parking lot. He looks at me like I am the crazy one. Maybe that’s because at this point I am in such a rage that I might have pulled him out of his car and choked me because he kept shrugging his shoulders.

I get into the parking lot and he says “can you believe that guy going the wrong way out the entrance” To which I say “Who gives a shit, you clipped my car”

Him “oh yeah sorry about that”

Me “license and registration and proof of insurance”

Him “man you’ve done this before”

Me “Do you want to call the police or should I?”
Him “Do we really have to get a report, I am willing to not go through insurance, I know its my fault”

This is all I wanted to hear, was him admitting fault, We exchange info and he tells me to go to a body man that I trust to get an estimate. So I get an estimate of $2000, Now I was shocked about this, so I know how this j.o. is gonna react. So I call him and now tomorrow morning I am going to “his guy” for an estimate.

I had a suspicion that this would happen so I call a uniform that was working had them write up an incident report before I left the scene. Here is in all its misery. I will keep everyone updated.

Old 03-04-2005, 06:51 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Ouch...good thing you know a few cops.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Banned

sorry you got hit. $2K seems a lot (incl. bumper re-paint?)
where are the RonJon Inspyres ?
Old 03-04-2005, 07:12 PM
Hondaholic

Sorry to hear it........

It looks like a little damage to the rim as well...was that included in the quote?
Old 03-04-2005, 07:19 PM
Advanced

Who's the man?

SHONUFF!
Old 03-04-2005, 07:25 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
oh crap, hope you get that fix!
Old 03-04-2005, 07:42 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,231 Likes on 821 Posts
Scratch and dents make wsklar cry....
Old 03-04-2005, 07:47 PM
LOUD NOISES!!

The inspyres are in the garage far far away from the salt on the road (if you search from a pasy post 3 of them are messed up from a curb incident avoiding a deer)
When they said 2000 I almost shit. They are going to have to have to repaint all that shit, and they are not sure if one of the pieces can be banged out, so they estimated a new one, then they said they are gonna blend the paint across the rear, alignment to make sure they shot didnt damage any suspension, 300 to get the wheel refinished, might need a new doorskin the guy said. I am not too sure though.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn these bustards, I hope you're baby back to normal. So sad to see a fellow TSX in that form
Old 03-04-2005, 09:12 PM
Registered to Vote!

I just went through something similar. Rules for accidents:

1) Never trust someone that says they'll pay for your repair in cash. I've heard too many horror stories about this. a good percentage of the time the insurance card they give you is fake, expired or no good.

2) some insurance cards have the VIN of the car the policy is under, or at least a discription. Make sure they match.

3) Get the VIN and license plate number.

4) make sure the name on the registration is the same as the person who was driving. If not, get the contact info for the person who it's registered to.

Depending on the state, I would take your car to which ever repair shop you prefer and get a first quote. then work with the his insurance adjuster. In Oregon we have the option to take our cars to be fixxed anywhere we want, and the insurance needs to cover it.

Once the car is fixed (in my experience), you cannot go to his insurance to claim if he refuses to pay. Then you are stuck with the repair bill. This also depends on the laws in your state.

Make sure the shop you goto has a good rep. ask if they do new car dealership repairs. Avoid the ones that only do Insurance claims.

Good luck with your repairs.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:48 PM
Advanced

holy crap. I just had an accident similar looking to yours (read about it here: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20779). You got quoted $2k for that small damage??? Wonder how much mine's going to cost then...

Did the adjuster determine how much you were at fault? I hope he put you down as 0% at fault.

My adjuster is supposed to call me Monday or Tuesday.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:43 AM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
it's the rear quarter panel, that shit's expensive!
Old 03-06-2005, 09:19 AM
CL9 ABP

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Pilbox
I just went through something similar. Rules for accidents:

1) Never trust someone that says they'll pay for your repair in cash. I've heard too many horror stories about this. a good percentage of the time the insurance card they give you is fake, expired or no good.

2) some insurance cards have the VIN of the car the policy is under, or at least a discription. Make sure they match.

3) Get the VIN and license plate number.

4) make sure the name on the registration is the same as the person who was driving. If not, get the contact info for the person who it's registered to.

Depending on the state, I would take your car to which ever repair shop you prefer and get a first quote. then work with the his insurance adjuster. In Oregon we have the option to take our cars to be fixxed anywhere we want, and the insurance needs to cover it.

Once the car is fixed (in my experience), you cannot go to his insurance to claim if he refuses to pay. Then you are stuck with the repair bill. This also depends on the laws in your state.

Make sure the shop you goto has a good rep. ask if they do new car dealership repairs. Avoid the ones that only do Insurance claims.

Good luck with your repairs.
Thanks this is a good thing to keep in mind for possbile accidents.

Tsx CSI good luck fixing your car. My families old 92 camry got hit t-boned not our fault person runs a red light and hits my mom on the left passenger side.. heh the cars worth nothing at its age so we get 2500 to fix it. Plus its an older car so were going for cheap repair, but it sure sucks the cars been stitting there for a a while with a big bash to the door.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v176/l...ofIMGP2075.jpg
Old 03-06-2005, 06:55 PM
Cruisin'

Unhappy

$300 to refinish the wheel is a lot. I think they retail for something like $495, but I could get you a new wheel for $170, shipping included. Or you could check ebay.

If it's the other guys insurance paying, I guess it shouldn't make much of a difference to you. But if you end up having to pay, I'd pass on a $300 wheel refinish...

sorry for your bad luck...
Old 03-06-2005, 07:48 PM
bleh...

sorry to hear what happened to your car.