error code B0706

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 02:04 AM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
error code B0706

I am very occasionally (3 or 4 times) getting the Check Emissions System light. It usually goes off after a day or 2 and then may not show up again for weeks or months. A friend read the codes and I believe he said it was B0706 and related to the transmission. I've haven't noticed any performance issues. Anyone got a clue?
Thanks
Old 11-22-2017, 09:59 AM
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 123 Posts
Code P0706 is a transmission range switch open circuit. It should not cause a performance problem but could leave you in a no-start condition as part of switch enables starter to turn over. If this occurs it may help to start in N position and move shift back/forth to reposition switches in console.

good luck
The following users liked this post:
ran-d2007tsx (11-25-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 12:28 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by TexasHonda
Code P0706 is a transmission range switch open circuit. It should not cause a performance problem but could leave you in a no-start condition as part of switch enables starter to turn over. If this occurs it may help to start in N position and move shift back/forth to reposition switches in console.

good luck
Thanks Texas Honda. I live 10 miles past the middle nowhere. Is there an easy fix, like a part I can order and replace myself?
Thanks
Old 11-25-2017, 11:09 AM
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 123 Posts
See attached.procedure. I have not done this job on a TSX but have on an V6 MDX. I had to access through the wheel well w/ tire and underbody shield removed. Procedure doesn't mention any access issues. I also had some challenges in removing the retaining nut on the switch pin.

Not a terrible job but some challenges. Probably not job to begin DIY experience.

It is possible that a wiring fault or connector fault could cause this code, but less likely than switch.

good luck
Attached Files
The following users liked this post:
ran-d2007tsx (11-30-2017)
Old 11-30-2017, 04:07 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by TexasHonda
See attached.procedure. I have not done this job on a TSX but have on an V6 MDX. I had to access through the wheel well w/ tire and underbody shield removed. Procedure doesn't mention any access issues. I also had some challenges in removing the retaining nut on the switch pin.

Not a terrible job but some challenges. Probably not job to begin DIY experience.

It is possible that a wiring fault or connector fault could cause this code, but less likely than switch.

good luck
Thanks T-H. Doesn't look like too difficult of a job, but I may wait to see if the code pops up more frequently.