Edmunds.com dumps the TSX

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 09:28 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by captainjack
Our opinions are what matter.

Oh, and those of ACTUAL auto journalists who write for respected car mags. I remember Car & Driver putting our little baby on the 10 Best list (possibly twice?) and raving over it in reviews and comparos.

Edmunds can toss my salad.
Actually, our TSX deserved the "Best Sports Sedan" on Car & Driver's 10Best in 2004, 2005 and 2006, so 3 times, if I am not mistaken.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flasshy
Well, here is my take on big engines. 1. I've already just missed out on a few speeding tickets with my TSX so any more power and I'd only be getting myself closer to danger. 2. I'm not going to race anyone so what's the point? I didn't buy my TSX so I could race it. I bought it because of its luxury, comfort and refined style with just enough power. I think it has enough power for the average person. It has enough for me while still giving me good fuel economy. It's the perfect balance.
I agree in that I can already make the car go as fast as I would like, but the problem is that the engine has to rev above what most people consider comfortable, quite and ordinary. It makes a lot of noise, and gives the passenger (if I have one), as well as the cars around me the impression I'm trying to win the Indy 500, and then for all that noise the car doesn't go all that fast anyway. It's embarrassing on two different levels. I want more power so that I can go fast without the 4 banger's dramatic side show. It might seem petty but I can't get over it and I probably won't between now and the time I get a new car.

I think the problem might be first gear, it seems to have a higher ratio than other cars. The revs get high but the car still feels like it's at a stand still.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Hey Edmunds, see a doctor re: your cranio-rectal inversion

"... the TSX seems more Honda than Acura."
Okay, accurate, but not a demerit.

"... Brakes and handling are not up to sport sedan standards.
Your prior reviews never said this, so how can you say it in a "ratings overview?"

"... the HVAC and audio controls are widely seperated from their respective displays."
Okay, not only is this factually incorrect, but misspelled. My guess ... some idiot intern was tasked with writing this. Yawn. Moving on....

Addendum
Originally Posted by DemonPoofball
This had me puzzled as Edmunds is where we spent a fair amount of time while looking for info from places-- and they liked the TSX...

So I clicked on the "Editors Review" rather than the "Editors Ratings" for the TSX (https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41190) and.... as I recalled, they really liked it....
Same here. Their reviews of the RSX and TSX pushed me towards calling the dealer and making a deal over the phone.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:37 PM

Further evidence of a hack at work ... compare these statements with the actual review from the same menu.

Code:
DETAILED RATINGS:
Performance: 	9 	Fun-to-Drive: 	10 	Build Quality: 	9
Comfort: 	9 	Interior Design: 	10 	Reliability: 	10
Fuel Economy: 	8 	Exterior Design: 	9 
Old 01-02-2008, 01:48 PM

Whoops, I'm not multitasking well today (cold given to me by others this week). Those numbers are from one of many customer reviews. The link to the actual review, though, stands -- it is saying something very different from the "editer's" ratings.