Drivetrain vibration repaired, but still minimal. Should I go back?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 02:52 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drivetrain vibration repaired, but still minimal. Should I go back?

Hi all,

I have a 2008, 6 spd, 80k mi.

Almost a year ago, I was feeling some pretty intense vibrations during moderate to heavy acceleration in 2nd gear. I took it to two different shops that confirmed the drive axels needed to be replaced.

I am not the most knowledgable when it comes to car mechanics, but I know a little bit. So, long story short, we replaced both drive axels with some third-party manufactured ones. From what I read, they are basically the same, for about $500 less for the pair. The flushed the transmission and replaced the seals while they were at it. When the work was done, it was definitely better, but I could still feel a small vibration when accelerating in 2nd gear.

Here is the question-
I'm less than a month from my warranty on parts and labor expiring. Has anyone had this work done, and should they be able to completely eliminate the vibration? I'm afraid this is going to come back to bite me when selling the car. Oh you have some drivetrain issues, that'll cost 2k to fix. annnnd I'm screwed.

Please ask any clarifying questions, and thank you guys for any advice you can offer. I will try to check back on this a few times a day. I've been a long-time member and post lurker, but I'm pretty sure this is my first post.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:49 AM
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 123 Posts
Yes, you may have an axle vibration. I went through 2 sets of AZ axles before buying Raxles and resolving the problem for my 94 Accord EX. I think the difference was the harmonic dampeners were not present on the AZ axles, but don' t know this was problem. I've since used AZ new axles on an MDX w/o problems.

good luck