Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by joerockt
LMAO

Old 09-08-2005, 03:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Newplay1
if you can see just right click and properties and copy and paste.
Well, I did got through PITA to copy and paste links.... looks great. I see you used the smaller "A" symbol in the back of the USDM Accord key. It isn't quite wide enough, but none-the-less. ISN'T THIS THE BEST FREAKIN MOD!!! (under $100 of course)
Old 09-08-2005, 04:35 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by moda_way
Well, I did got through PITA to copy and paste links.... looks great. I see you used the smaller "A" symbol in the back of the USDM Accord key. It isn't quite wide enough, but none-the-less. ISN'T THIS THE BEST FREAKIN MOD!!! (under $100 of course)
I'm still walking around with my Acura key AND the Honda FOB Just havent had time to get the replacement key.

But I do have one question. I opened up the Honda fob and I was wondering how to take off the plastic that holds the current blank key in? Any hints?
Old 09-08-2005, 05:47 PM
ABP TSX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here are Newplay1's pics:

Old 09-08-2005, 05:53 PM
i want to ride my bicycle

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
I'm still walking around with my Acura key AND the Honda FOB Just havent had time to get the replacement key.

But I do have one question. I opened up the Honda fob and I was wondering how to take off the plastic that holds the current blank key in? Any hints?
didnt you read page one of this thread? a dremel tool is your friend.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:09 PM
Suzuka Master

If you look at the place where the chip is held, there is a little plastic cover that you push in (there is a little notch on the side). Pry the cover up. The chip will be right there, but there is some stick stuff holding the chip in place. I used a set of watch screwdriver (smallest flat head) to get the chip out. Since I was using my own TSX chip, I didn't care much about scratching the Accord one up, but it came out cleanly anyway.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:17 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you look at the place where the chip is held, there is a little plastic cover that you push in (there is a little notch on the side). Pry the cover up. The chip will be right there, but there is some stick stuff holding the chip in place. I used a set of watch screwdriver (smallest flat head) to get the chip out. Since I was using my own TSX chip, I didn't care much about scratching the Accord one up, but it came out cleanly anyway.

Hope that helps.
Yea, I got that part. The chip seems easy to remove, but I was just wondering about the blank key. So I guess if I use my dremel I should be able to cut away the plastic holding it in there.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Yea, I got that part. The chip seems easy to remove, but I was just wondering about the blank key. So I guess if I use my dremel I should be able to cut away the plastic holding it in there.
Yeah, then as virus7 mentioned... there's a pic of me dremeling away the plastic that holds the blank key in. You can also use an xacto, but it takes a little longer. That's why you need the epoxy because you have to adhere the TSX key in place. I highly recommend you rough the surface of the TSX key where you mate it to the area where the Accord key used to be. You'll get a much better bond that way.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:46 PM
ABP TSX

I cannot get a key cut!

I ordered my Accord fob from Majestic Honda this morning.

I went to Home Depot at lunch today and the guy stuck the key down into something and promptly said "NO WAY man, this thing has a chip in it." He went on the give a detailed explanation that some cars have an electrical shut down with keys cut without the transponder. Meaning even though you cannot start the car, if you work the key lock, it shuts down the electrical system requiring a tow to the dealer. He also said that Home Depot had been sued for cutting keys as I requested even though I explained I was doing a project.

I assume the TSX would not have this electrical shutdown that he described as several board members have done the key mod and I am fairly certain someone also worked the ignition and/or key lock with the cut blank with no transponder.

I just got back from Lowes and was just told to visit the dealer. "We cannot cut that key here"

I am going to try Wally World after work and then resort to hacking up one of my OEM keys.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
The TSX doesn't shut down the "entire" electrical system when trying to start with a "chipless" key. It simply won't enable the relay that drives the fuel pump. I got mine from Home Depot for about $1.50. The guy did say the new cut key would not start the car. I just told him it's for a project.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:05 PM
ABP TSX

Originally Posted by JTso
The TSX doesn't shut down the "entire" electrical system when trying to start with a "chipless" key. It simply won't enable the relay that drives the fuel pump. I got mine from Home Depot for about $1.50. The guy did say the new cut key would not start the car. I just told him it's for a project.
I agree 100% and argued with the guy. I will probably try another Home Depot or Lowes near the house anyway. I just did not expect a hassle on getting the key cut.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:07 PM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
gsclifton: LOL, operator error i got my key cut at lowes, no problems.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by gsclifton
I agree 100% and argued with the guy. I will probably try another Home Depot or Lowes near the house anyway. I just did not expect a hassle on getting the key cut.

Tell him it is a spare key for the trunk.... what an idiot. You'd think they'd just cut a key for you. (FYI, I know there isn't a key hole in the trunk)
Old 09-09-2005, 07:22 PM
7th Gear

Finished mine today. I made a label to go in the spot where the Honda logo was. What do you guys think?

Old 09-09-2005, 07:30 PM
Senior Moderator

That's nice! Very original.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:46 PM
First US '06 TSX on board

Originally Posted by gsclifton

What if you tell them that your dealer will program the chip for you?
Old 09-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Senior Moderator

It's a blank key like any regular old key so no chip on it. That's the reason they didn't want to cut it, thinking it would somehow mess up the electrical system.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ryobi1
Finished mine today. I made a label to go in the spot where the Honda logo was. What do you guys think?

Looks great. What did you use to make the label?
Old 09-09-2005, 08:21 PM
7th Gear

I work for a label company, so I have access to a bunch of different materials.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Senior Moderator

I think many people would like to have a label like that for their custom keyfob.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by JTso
I think many people would like to have a label like that for their custom keyfob.
Yeah, I was going to refer folks to him if I was requested to make keys.

FYI, here's why the "A" doesn't fit in the "H" area well...

Pic of the "A" off the back of the TSX key and the "H" off the back of the USDM Accord key.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:20 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,656 Likes on 2,490 Posts
anyone looking for a key to do this mod there is one on ebay right now http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW03...spagenameZWDVW
Old 09-19-2005, 01:09 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ryobi1

ryobi1 -

What would you charge for a label like that for my fob?
Old 09-19-2005, 06:40 PM
Intermediate

Just received my key/fob mod from moda_way and it looks great. Well worth the money if you don't feel like doing it yourself. He included the instructions to reprogram the remotes. Great communication. It only took a week from me to get it back.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:57 PM
Advanced

Great

I have sent mine. So far he is great on communication. Told me the price, address, then he emailed me when he recieved my key. I'll post my review of the key when I get it

The logo would be nice.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:57 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nshom
ryobi1 -

What would you charge for a label like that for my fob?

ryobi1 -

I PMed you for your email address to sent $.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:17 PM
Advanced

Best Ever

OK People - Send Ryan your keys.

Please understand, if you do it yourself, you only save 30 dollars. But you lose time and increase frustration. I sent my key becuase just like anything, practice makes perfect. Ryan has done 11 before mine. Mine was number 12. He has improved the process and it shows.

First, I sent my key (and a check).

Second, he emails me that he got the key

Third, Once completed, Ryan took digital pictures and send me before, durning and after shots.

Forth, he emailed me when they shipped and ask if it was OK to deposit the check (I would have deposited on the first day, but he wanted to make sure I was happy with his work).

I got the key today (total time with shipping both ways was about 10 days). Not only did he send my new key fob, but also all scrap parts of my old key. I assume, just in case.

The key was mint. I took it out to my car and followed his included instrustions to program it. I read it first, it looks long but very simple (turn car on, press button, turn car off, press button...)

All was great, best money I spent on my Acura so far (OK tied with Tinting).

Thanks Ryan for a great job. Just need to get an Acura sticker for the key fob now
Old 10-05-2005, 06:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ToeKneeC67
OK People - Send Ryan your keys.

Please understand, if you do it yourself, you only save 30 dollars. But you lose time and increase frustration. I sent my key becuase just like anything, practice makes perfect. Ryan has done 11 before mine. Mine was number 12. He has improved the process and it shows.

First, I sent my key (and a check).

Second, he emails me that he got the key

Third, Once completed, Ryan took digital pictures and send me before, durning and after shots.

Forth, he emailed me when they shipped and ask if it was OK to deposit the check (I would have deposited on the first day, but he wanted to make sure I was happy with his work).

I got the key today (total time with shipping both ways was about 10 days). Not only did he send my new key fob, but also all scrap parts of my old key. I assume, just in case.

The key was mint. I took it out to my car and followed his included instrustions to program it. I read it first, it looks long but very simple (turn car on, press button, turn car off, press button...)

All was great, best money I spent on my Acura so far (OK tied with Tinting).

Thanks Ryan for a great job. Just need to get an Acura sticker for the key fob now
Awesome... I'm glad you're happy and thanks for the honest feedback. I always ask that of ppl. I only do things the way I'd want someone to do them for me. Enjoy!!!
Old 10-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Awesome... I'm glad you're happy and thanks for the honest feedback. I always ask that of ppl. I only do things the way I'd want someone to do them for me. Enjoy!!!
Damn...that sounds really cool. I might have to send you my key too. PM me with your price, so just post here, if you don't mind everyone knowing.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:05 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,656 Likes on 2,490 Posts
this is a great mod
Old 10-05-2005, 09:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Tsx536
Damn...that sounds really cool. I might have to send you my key too. PM me with your price, so just post here, if you don't mind everyone knowing.

Honestly, I haven't posted it b/c I don't want to upset the moderators. I'm not an offical vendor nor will I be, so I'm just telling ppl to pm me and I'll give them the details. I would post it, but then I'd be selling something... not fair to the forum, moderators or the rules. So I'll just PM you.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:07 PM
Pro

Exclamation Got my key!

Moda_way is the man! He should change his name to Mod_KING! I actually got my modded key last week, and it works super perfect. The remote was extremely easy to program too. Ryan has great communication. If marriages had the same communication, there would be no divorces. A+ all the way. Definitely worth it!

My modded key is unique as I have an 05 TSX 5AT with ambitions towards Hondata. I managed to snag the ECU, Immobilizer, and Key from a wrecked 04 TSX AT. I sent the ECU to get reflashed, then I sent the 04 Key to Moda_way along with a copy of my 05 master key. The guy is a genious.... he took the transponder chip from the 04 KEY and placed it in the Accord Keyfob along with a copy of my 05 master key. Once I got the key in the mail, I swapped out the immobilizer and ECU... END RESULT!!! HONDATAFIED!

Car runs great.. no issues.. revved to 7600rpms.. beautiful!

Thank you, Moda_way!
Old 10-12-2005, 12:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Congrats NJTSXMan on the Hondata setup! I told you it would work.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:50 AM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by NJTSXMan
My modded key is unique as I have an 05 TSX 5AT with ambitions towards Hondata. I managed to snag the ECU, Immobilizer, and Key from a wrecked 04 TSX AT. I sent the ECU to get reflashed, then I sent the 04 Key to Moda_way along with a copy of my 05 master key. The guy is a genious.... he took the transponder chip from the 04 KEY and placed it in the Accord Keyfob along with a copy of my 05 master key. Once I got the key in the mail, I swapped out the immobilizer and ECU... END RESULT!!! HONDATAFIED!

Thank you, Moda_way!
Congrats on the Hondata NJTsxMan

Looks like some 05 owners have a way to get the reflash now!
Old 10-12-2005, 05:27 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by NJTSXMan
Moda_way is the man! He should change his name to Mod_KING! I actually got my modded key last week, and it works super perfect. The remote was extremely easy to program too. Ryan has great communication. If marriages had the same communication, there would be no divorces. A+ all the way. Definitely worth it!

Thank you, Moda_way!
HAHA... I'm glad it worked. I'm really more impressed by your swap job... AWESOME!!!
Old 10-26-2005, 09:43 AM
8th Gear

Just got my key from moda!! Its awesome. Excellent communication and customer service. I sent him the key, he had it done and ready to ship the same day. After the mod he sent me hi-res pics of the key. He does ship to Canada (Tip for Canadians: dont use USPS!). Thanks again Ryan.

G
Old 11-02-2005, 12:18 AM
Advanced

MAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDD Props to MODA!!!

got my key yesterday, programming was very easy took me one try to get it right

THANX MODA!
Old 11-07-2005, 09:27 PM
1st Gear

Key Moddin' Fool...

I sent my TSX key to Moda (Texas to Ohio via USPS) at noon last Wed. and received my modded key today! Solid product and fast service! Very easy to program the new key. I'd debated whether to tackle this mod myself, but the the few dollars saved would have been nowhere worth the time and aggrevation incurred...

Thanks Ryan,
Charlie
Old 11-22-2005, 12:59 PM
Cruisin'

I'm new to this forum but could someone email me the details... integra_vate@shaw.ca This is my favorite thread and I thought someone mentioned ordering the Euro R key and then u wont have to cut ur acura key??? what is the best way here? I have just ordered the USDM 05 Accord key and was on my way to DIY can someone help me out here.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:11 PM
Cruisin'

update... my key will be here tommorow can someone confirm that the USDM Accord Key/remote can program to the TSX???

Quick Reply: DIY - TSX Fob Mod