Carbon Grey most deceiving color

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 07:49 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carbon Grey most deceiving color

I ended up buying the CG color, but when I was building one on the acura website, the CG color on there looks more like dark grey than dark bluish on the one I saw in person. Isn't it odd? I wish acura put a dark grey color on the Tsx, I mean they did make a dark grey on the 2003 TL's.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

it is a dark grey color......

the 03 TL anthracite is pretty similar to CG. yes there is a slight blue hue to it but it is definately more grey than blue
Old 02-08-2004, 09:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yup, i never once thought my CG looked bluish...
Old 02-08-2004, 09:40 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
I do agree that the CG has a bluish hue. It's a nice color but I also agree that it would be great to have a pure dark grey color which would look wonderful on the TSX.

I think in general, many dark colors can look wonderful on the TSX. How about that deep, deep burgundy/wine/aubergine color that the previous generation Accord coupe had? That would look great too.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:51 PM
bleh...

deceiving color or not, carbon grey is still the best color for the tsx.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:18 PM
Evil Empire Peon

Actually, when I took it in for ding-repair estimates, every shop put down blue as the colour of my car!

And most of my co-workers say my car is blue and not grey.

Somedays, I doubt myself and wonder if I got a blue car.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:36 PM
Racer

MSM looks a bit more powder blue and less silvery in person, compared to the website.

My CG does indeed look a little blue to me.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:07 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

looks grey to me when I see them around school. but i'm not staring at it all day like my PWP.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:17 PM
04 remembrance

Re: Carbon Grey most deceiving color

Originally posted by 04EuroAccordTsx
I ended up buying the CG color, but when I was building one on the acura website, the CG color on there looks more like dark grey than dark bluish on the one I saw in person. Isn't it odd? I wish acura put a dark grey color on the Tsx, I mean they did make a dark grey on the 2003 TL's.
uhhhh - i don't think so.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:40 PM
Burning Brakes

I agree. It definitely not a true grey. There's some blue in there.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:46 PM
Got Milk???

personally i think the most eye-catching color on the TSX would be a redish black type of color with black on the base... and dark red (burgandy) over it, so when you look at it at a different angle, it will show dark red.

Kevin
Old 02-09-2004, 04:02 AM
Instructor

CG looks blue on sunny days for obvious reasons. Think about it.

Anthracite is LIGHTER than CG........ and it makes the new TL look silly. It would look better in CG, too.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:40 AM
Cruisin' the Azine's

I changed my color choice when I saw the CG in person because it just wasn't the right "grey" to me because of it's pearlescent paint, hence the bluish tint on sunny days. I was looking for more of a mettalic medium grey.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:58 AM
Pro

If you guys think the CG is a deceiving color - try going to the Canadian acura website (acura.ca) and looking at the Indigo Blue. On the website, it looks very blue (royal blue) - when I was shopping for my TSX (last April), I was sure that it was the same colour as the old prelude (Electron Blue Pearl) - which I would have definitely chosen. But when seen in person, the colour is a very very dark purple, not blue (which has caused many on this board to dub it - Blurple). Hence my color choice was not Blurple, but white pearl.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:23 AM

interesting how some ppl feel strongly that its either blue or grey...maybe i'm colorblind because i never thought it looked bluish, i've had two blue cars before and they didn't look anything like the CG!
Old 02-10-2004, 04:28 AM
Instructor

My loaner Mitsubishi Galant (until my Euro Accord arrived) was like this sort of like this not quite grey, not quite blue...I swore it was grey but when I checked the paperwork it was blue !

anyway I don't really like CG, Silver is cool, Black is cool but CG in my own personal preference is neither here nor there...in fact I could have had my car earlier if I had gone for CG but chose to wait for black...

Ernie
www.eazi-k.com/car
Old 02-10-2004, 06:02 AM
John Starks - The Dunk

I personally like the CG, thats why I bought one. Its the middle ground between having a black that is so hard to keep clean, and the silver that seem to be on every single car around.

But I got to say, a clean TSX in any color tickles my fancy.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:32 AM
Instructor

I too like CG, but I still like Anthracite better. It's closer to that steel gray color. More inbetween pure black and pure silver (like the SSM color that I own) with no other under colors like blue.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:43 AM
Racer

It's not just the reflection of the sky that makes it look blue. Look at any "real" gray car and you can see the difference. I had a charcoal-ish '88 Legend. That's more the color I wanted.

Originally posted by dabuda2004
interesting how some ppl feel strongly that its either blue or grey...maybe i'm colorblind because i never thought it looked bluish, i've had two blue cars before and they didn't look anything like the CG!
Technically, almost every "colorblind" person can see blue and gray just fine. Deficiency in the cone that responds best to low-wavelength light (purple and blue) is extremely rare.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:05 PM
Intermediate

Grey is Grey.....and the CG is grey! How can anyone construe that to be blue????
Old 02-12-2004, 09:17 PM
Cruisin'

It really depends on the light.

On sunny days, mine seems blue-gray.

On overcast days it looks more dolphin gray.

And in low light it's charcoal.

That's one of the things I like most about the color.

And if you ever have it parked in your driveway at night, and come up behind it with another car's headlights, you can see how beautiful and pure gray the color is- even if you have bluish xenons on the other car.

IMHO
Old 02-12-2004, 09:49 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by Integraphite
It really depends on the light.

On sunny days, mine seems blue-gray.

On overcast days it looks more dolphin gray.

And in low light it's charcoal.

That's one of the things I like most about the color.

And if you ever have it parked in your driveway at night, and come up behind it with another car's headlights, you can see how beautiful and pure gray the color is- even if you have bluish xenons on the other car.

IMHO

since i'm driving my car, i don't know how other people at night perceive the Carbon grey, do u think its hard to see at night?
Old 02-12-2004, 10:02 PM
Stokeless

blag artic blue stands out the most so who cars about the other colors =)
Old 02-12-2004, 10:47 PM
Cruisin'

since i'm driving my car, i don't know how other people at night perceive the Carbon grey, do u think its hard to see at night?
Not any harder than black :P

I've seen a few at night, and they look charcoal to me, unless under intense light say, at a gas station- then they are more "dolphin"
Old 02-13-2004, 08:27 AM
Race Director

you see this is the pic on acura's website that is carbon grey, looks more like a dark grey to me am i correct? this is what i thought carbon grey was or should've been. this is my fav color.
i prefer a graphite grey/dark grey.

Old 02-13-2004, 08:36 AM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

That picture is not a photo methinks... I wouldn't go by that. I really like CG, it's too similar to the "Blue Anthracite" on our Passat... also a blue-gray color, though a bit more blue.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:03 AM
Advanced

No one likes the arctic blue? I never seen it talked about. I plan on getting my TSX in that color.
Old 02-13-2004, 01:04 PM
4th Gear

Cool

Hi this is my first posting and wanted to offer my two cents. On websites, colors usually never match what the actual color is and that due to coding and the many variations of colors there is. For example when you go to the Acura site and build a TSX the CG looks like a dull dark gray. That dark gray color is probably the closest the Acura website developers could get to CG.

Also I wanted to thank you all for your postings, I've been using this site for the past couple of months for research in determining whether or not to buy a TSX. Alot of good info here.

Got mine two weeks ago and loving it.

CG/Ebony non-nav
OEM Ground Effects
180 miles and counting...........
Old 02-14-2004, 12:12 PM
Cruisin' the Azine's

you see this is the pic on acura's website that is carbon grey, looks more like a dark grey to me am i correct? this is what i thought carbon grey was or should've been. this is my fav color.
i prefer a graphite grey/dark grey.

That's what I thought the CG looked like too until I saw it in person. But then there is this image which is still a tab bit misleading but closer to reality:

Old 02-14-2004, 03:24 PM
Racer

Uh, that's a NHB, isn't it?
Old 02-14-2004, 11:49 PM
6MT Snob

I have found my CG so far looks different in different lighting, i mean for example a red car is always pretty much red, whereas sometimes my car looks almost black others it will really reflect color of what it is being lit by.

Whats the deal though with canada getting less colors to choose from? and is the blue in canda the same as the blue in the US?
Old 02-15-2004, 12:51 PM
Cruisin'

I bought a CG. It isn't blue, it's mostly gray, but it does appear blue in some situations. I don't care. I love its color...I get a ton of compliments from it. I really like the fact that one day it looks gray, and then the next day it looks rather blue.

I never thought I'd buy a car in any color other than black. CG convinced me otherwise. Maybe my *next* Honda/Acura will be black. Right now, I'll take my CG.
Old 02-15-2004, 04:55 PM
6MT Snob

It looks classy without being overdone like the regular silver.

And the bluish silver, as my salesperson said.. isnt exactly a manly color
Old 02-16-2004, 12:28 AM
Racer

Originally posted by s_typeracer
Hi this is my first posting and wanted to offer my two cents. On websites, colors usually never match what the actual color is and that due to coding and the many variations of colors there is. For example when you go to the Acura site and build a TSX the CG looks like a dull dark gray. That dark gray color is probably the closest the Acura website developers could get to CG.

Also I wanted to thank you all for your postings, I've been using this site for the past couple of months for research in determining whether or not to buy a TSX. Alot of good info here.

Got mine two weeks ago and loving it.

CG/Ebony non-nav
OEM Ground Effects
180 miles and counting...........
Besides that a lot of colors on manufacturers' websites are Photoshop jobs (notice how it's usually the same pic of the car but with different colors), there's also the fact that different monitors display colors differently.
Old 02-16-2004, 12:34 PM
Instructor

I really like the way that CGP looks on that first pic posted. Particularly, the color on the hood. More on the lighter gray sheen on it.

Love my CGP.
Old 02-16-2004, 03:48 PM
4th Gear

Originally posted by dnl2ba
Besides that a lot of colors on manufacturers' websites are Photoshop jobs (notice how it's usually the same pic of the car but with different colors), there's also the fact that different monitors display colors differently.
Yep, I agree. Nothing beats seeing the real thing.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:40 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by MSB128
I really like the way that CGP looks on that first pic posted. Particularly, the color on the hood. More on the lighter gray sheen on it.

Love my CGP.
i like my car color too, its just i posted that pic cause the CG doesn't look anything like that all.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:35 PM
Instructor

i like my car color too, its just i posted that pic cause the CG doesn't look anything like that all.

Do you mean that it is darker than in that pic? More like the second (side shot that sunnyboy posted) from the brochure? I've been looking at member pics and it looks almost a dull/dolphinish blue gray at times. Is there a lot of pearl effect in it in person? More of a darker gray? Thanks,

Scott
Old 02-16-2004, 10:47 PM
Instructor

It's much closer to that second pic than it is to the first one.

Darker gray, most definetely.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:39 AM
Advanced

I'm having trouble deciding what color to get... I'd like to have dark gray but without any hint of blue in it so CG is out. Other options are:

Satin Silver
Black
White

I'm not a fan of silver cars but everytime I see a CL9 in silver I say to myself "wow that looks really good" so I'm seriously considering SSM. Is it possible to give silver car a "wetlook"? I mean if I put 5 coats of wax and polish on it, does it look like it's been waxed?

As for black... my current car is dark, almost black so I know what it's like trying to keep it clean. I wash my car once a week and sometimes I wish it didn't need a wash so I could use the time cleaning the interior or doing mods. As long as I don't have a garage, black is out. Honda paint has also some bad orange peel which is very noticable on NHBP. I like the reflection though.

There are not many white CL9s around here. If I had to choose between silver and white, I'd go with the silver.

Any info whether the TSX/Accord is getting new colors for 2005 like Steel Gray?

Quick Reply: Carbon Grey most deceiving color