Can't decide on a colour?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 07:10 PM
TSX4EVR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't decide on a colour?

I can't decide on a colour. I know that you all can't really help me because it is a personal choice, but I have been frustrated in not coming to a quick decision. No one colour stands out as a favourite. (For some unknown reason we don't have as many choices in colours as the States)

I checked many of the past posts for guidance.

Black does look fantastic when clean and shiny and is on my short list. I wash my vehicles once a week anyways so that isn't a biggie, but black doesn't 100% grap me. Black is the choice my daughter is pushing. (She has a black Civic)

The Blue looks good but isn't my choice for this vehicle.

White can also look great but I have never owned a white vehicle and I think that it looks worse dirty than the black.

That leaves me with two other colours. The new Alabaster Silver (new for 06) which I have seen on the 06 RSX, or the Graphite Pearl. Graphite Pearl is my wife's choice and it does look good, but I would love to see one on the road instead of in the showroom.

The Alabaster Silver can look great. It would be the easiest to keep clean. It is the safe colour to chose, sometimes looking great but rarely looking bad. My daughter calls it the old woman's colour and my wife isn't jazzed by it.

Ultimately the choice is mine as this will be my baby for the next several years. Normally I am excellent at making quick decisions, but this one has me doing some serious pondering.

Excited
Old 09-03-2005, 07:49 PM
Banned

The new silver is a nice color. Its much darker and I like the look of it.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:48 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I own a black tsx, but I will admit that PWP is the hottest color for the TSX
Old 09-03-2005, 11:50 PM
6th Gear

I'm in the same situation. I have owned white cars pretty much my entire life, and have always liked them. However, this will be my first new car purchase, and I have always wanted a black car for some reason. I am down to white and black, but leaning towards black. I know black is suppose to be horrible to keep clean, but I think it is ultimately worth it. Is anybody unhappy with their black TSX?
Old 09-04-2005, 12:43 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
I own a black tsx, but I will admit that PWP is the hottest color for the TSX
I always knew GIBSON6594 was one of the most inteligent members here...
Old 09-04-2005, 01:06 AM
styling on you

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Black hands down
Old 09-04-2005, 01:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by SeCsTaC
Black hands down

I agree,.............Black hands down. If you can put in the time to keep it clean the car looks great in black. IMO the black will stand out more compared to a colour like silver,....if thats what you want. I think the darker colours/shades do the TSX the most justice,.......no offence to everyone with white, blue, silver TSX's,.......they all look great,...I just prefer black,.....for me, black is the colour.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:00 AM
2*Much .NOT. Enough

Dear Excited:
There are or have been, several threads within this forum that thoroughly hashed out the whole color issue. And then some. It would be a good idea to do a search and read them.
I am truly trying very hard not say anything about how lame it is to be asking other people "Which color should I buy?". This is not a weighty decision. A difficult and weighty decision would be "The house is burning down. Who should I save first?", or "Should I continue saving for my child's college education, or buy that Ducati 999R that I really need so bad ...", or "Green chile chicken tamales, or red chile pork tamales, or both?".

That being said, we will now provide you with the wisdom of the ages:
Yellow is out; the wife says only perverts drive yellow cars.
Green is out; Dad says that green cars are bad luck.
White is out; it is the preferred color of Buick Century owners, 'nuff said.
Red is out; it drwas too much attention from law enforcement.
Brown is out; it doesn't go with blue suits, and UPS ain't got no TSXes.
Silver is out; it oxidizes too easily.
Gold/Champagne is out; people will think you're pretentious.
Blue is out; if you accidentally drive your car into the ocean, you'll never find it.
Orange is out; nothing will rhyme with it.
Purple is out; it is designated for royal use only, punishable by death.
Pink is out; it just is, that's all.
Sea foam is out; a TSX cannot be a bridesmaid, and never a bride.
Gray is out; it's too depressing.

So, your only choice is a transparent car.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:18 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^ I am, again, entertained.

Buick Century?
Old 09-04-2005, 02:39 AM
2*Much .NOT. Enough

Originally Posted by jlukja
^^ I am, again, entertained.

Buick Century?
I am thanking you. I view it as my holy duty to interject 6 mg/l of ha-ha into many of these discussions. Life is too short not to laugh when we have a chance. I think I will laugh right now, as a matter-of-fact. Durn, laughed too hard, farted.

There goes that new car smell.

Whoa, now there's a thought. What if someone invented a food, a wonderful food, a magical food, that when eaten produced "new-car smell" flatulence?
- -
Old 09-04-2005, 08:36 PM
TSX4EVR

LOL, I have to admit in relative terms it is not one of life's greatest decisions, and normally I am very good at making both small and big decisions very quickly.

Hmmmmm okay I'm going to get the silver, no, no the black, okay the black, no, no the graphite, okay the silver ......

Still perplexed with one of life's small problems.

Excited
Old 09-04-2005, 10:43 PM
2*Much .NOT. Enough

Originally Posted by excited
LOL, I have to admit in relative terms it is not one of life's greatest decisions, and normally I am very good at making both small and big decisions very quickly.

Hmmmmm okay I'm going to get the silver, no, no the black, okay the black, no, no the graphite, okay the silver ......

Still perplexed with one of life's small problems.

Excited
You are possessed of humor. That is good thing. Actually, sometimes it seems like the small problems can be more vexing than the big ones. The stakes are so large on the big problems that focus is gained quickly. On tiddly little problems that we face daily, stakes are low, potential loss is limited, so maybe that's why they seem so perplexing.

I think it was Scientific American (?) that had an article recently about the stress caused us in our modern lives by "too many choices". Go to the store to buy an electric razor, and you have 15 - 30 models / brands to choose from. Same with nearly every purchase decision. An overabundance of choices, which has the effect of freaking you out ...

Need a new refrigerator? Side-by-side, top freezer, bottom freezer, french door style? How many cubic feet? White, black, biscuit, or stainless? Or wood paneled? Energy efficient? Once you've made those decisions, then decide on Amana, Maytag, Whirlpool, Kenmore, KitchenAid, SubZero, Admiral, LG, Samsung, Inglis, GE, Fisher & Paykel, Jenn-Air, Frigidaire, Magic Chef, or Abscold. Or perhaps another brand I forgot. Way too many variables. Overwhelmed.

Good luck on your color choice. And an early congrats on joining the TSX fold.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:12 AM
TSX4EVR

Thanks and I have settled on the Alabaster Silver Metalic. Seeing the Kenstyle TSX in this post https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...230#post466230 helped me make my final decision.

Hopefully in December I can officially join the fold. (Seeing how I owned one of the very first Honda's, a Civic CVCC way back in 1976, kind of makes me an honourary member)

Excited
Old 09-05-2005, 01:01 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by nagidizy
Need a new refrigerator? Side-by-side, top freezer, bottom freezer, french door style? How many cubic feet? White, black, biscuit, or stainless? Or wood paneled? Energy efficient? Once you've made those decisions, then decide on Amana, Maytag, Whirlpool, Kenmore, KitchenAid, SubZero, Admiral, LG, Samsung, Inglis, GE, Fisher & Paykel, Jenn-Air, Frigidaire, Magic Chef, or Abscold. Or perhaps another brand I forgot. Way too many variables. Overwhelmed.

Good luck on your color choice. And an early congrats on joining the TSX fold.
You got a good laugh out of me witht he refrigerator comments. You must have sold appliances in the past, or it is your current occupation! Not to say that I haven't done so myself!

I think I'm going the route of the black TSX. I've had too many white colored cars in the past, and I will also be joining the ranks of TSX owners as soon as I can get my hands on an '06.
Old 09-05-2005, 04:27 PM
TSX4EVR

Hmmmm, today while playing golf with my wife I told her that I decided on the silver. She said BLAHHH and made the facial expression that went with the word. She said "Everyone has silver, but it is your choice". In the parking lot afterwards I showed her some nice looking cars that were silver and she said "that she didn't like light colour cars, but it is your choice". I showed her some black cars and she said that she liked the black better than the silver. Her favourite is still the Graphite.

I may join the black clan yet! I'm 50% for the silver, 40% for the black and 10% for the Graphite.

I will just wait until "the Force" comes and gives me guidance.

Excited
Old 09-05-2005, 04:33 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SeCsTaC
Black hands down
Wait guys, u have to rememeber its not just Black, but as my body shop guy who's never seen this color before likes to say, its "Black-Sapphire"
Old 09-05-2005, 05:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmmmm, today while playing golf with my wife I told her that I decided on the silver. She said BLAHHH and made the facial expression that went with the word. She said "Everyone has silver, but it is your choice". In the parking lot afterwards I showed her some nice looking cars that were silver and she said "that she didn't like light colour cars, but it is your choice". I showed her some black cars and she said that she liked the black better than the silver. Her favourite is still the Graphite.

I may join the black clan yet! I'm 50% for the silver, 40% for the black and 10% for the Graphite.
Dude, is the car for you or her? Get what you want. Don't drop $30K on something and not be happy w/ the color simply b/c your wife doesn't like it.

If the car is for her, or if you are really indifferent, then let her choose the color.

Certain decisions that can affect both of your lives (buying a house, changing careers, going back to school,etc.) require discussion w/ your significant other. In other decisions, such as when buying a toy for yourself, their opinion shouldn't matter - period.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:24 PM
TSX4EVR

LOL,

AlterZgo if a guy at work was telling the same tale that I was telling I would go Meowww, if you know what I mean. I guess it is because I'm not sold 100% on any one colour, is why external (important) opinions are influencing me.

Hopefully I will see the odd TSX on the road to help me form a solid opinion.

Ultimately I will chose the colour that I am most happy with.

Excited
Old 09-05-2005, 07:31 PM
Registered Driver

go with the color that you want or else you will be second guessing yourself after you get the wrong color... but if you ask me i say Carbon Grey Pearl all the way!!!!
Old 09-05-2005, 08:08 PM
No longer in denial

go with Graphite Pearl
Old 09-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Banned

Green !
Old 09-05-2005, 11:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
LOL,

AlterZgo if a guy at work was telling the same tale that I was telling I would go Meowww, if you know what I mean. I guess it is because I'm not sold 100% on any one colour, is why external (important) opinions are influencing me.

Hopefully I will see the odd TSX on the road to help me form a solid opinion.

Ultimately I will chose the colour that I am most happy with.

Old 09-05-2005, 11:31 PM
Pro

hi everyone....as someone who is going to buy a tsx too....i'm stuck between a black and a silver...they both have black interior..i'm just not sure which color...
Old 09-06-2005, 01:32 AM
Senior Moderator

I just got a BLACK TSX,.......and was looking at either Carbon Grey or BLACK. The choice was easy because we couldnt find a carbon grey anywhere,...let alone a manual one (it was hard to find our black w ebony int. 6mt also) . That said,....You cant go wrong with black,......its timeless and always looks good,...rain or shine,.. as long as you keep it clean.

Whenever I see a TSX around where I live,.............its silver. I think the silver tends to blend in more because silver cars are very popular now. I personally think the TSX looks better in the darker colours that it comes in,........but thats just my personal opinion. The TSX looks great in ALL of the colours regardless.

GO BLACK GO,....................but seriously,......as long as you get what YOU want,.....its all good.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:13 PM
Pro

i do love the black....however....when you get door dings and stuff its easier to see on black then silver....still torn between which color...thanks for your input
Old 09-06-2005, 09:15 PM
TSX4EVR

I went to the dealers today with a photograph of the 06 TSX in the Alabaster Silver Metallic colour and compared it to other colours.

While I was there I noticed a Grey (Anthracite Metallic) TL beside a Graphite Pearl TSX. Boy are they two totally different colours. The TL looked like a true (smoke) gray and the Graphite Pearl really showed it's blue hue. It was quite dramatic.

I know that the US TL colour is the same but I'm not sure if the US Carbon Gray Pearl for the TSX has the same blue hue.

I'm now down to choosing the silver or the Graphite Pearl. I have eliminated the black. It looks great but isn't a "happy" enough colour for me.

Boy a lot of blue in that Graphite!

Excited
Old 09-07-2005, 12:01 AM
Master in Science

Sorry, but black looks much worst when it's dirty. And scratches show up easily.

My TSX is black and we just added a white Prius to the family. Definitely recommend a white car!
Old 09-07-2005, 07:29 AM
TSX4EVR

I had a good MSN chat with my step son and added the links to the pics on the vtec site with the silver 06. He also definitely liked the silver. Reading a few posts about how the CGP shows up the water marks, I'm now 99.99% sure that I will get the silver unless they offer a totally new colour up here for 06.

Thanks for all of the feedback. I started off totally undecided but now feel very comfortable with my decision.

Excited
Old 09-10-2005, 05:28 PM
TSX4EVR

Isn't life just wonderful. I went to the dealers today to once again to try out the 6M and also the SS with my (27 yr old) daughter. I was 100% happy with my choice of the Alabaster Silver as a colour. We got out of the car and there was a white TSX and I told her that the white looks good. There were a couple of satin silver ones which didn't look bad and we turned the corner and there was a shiny black TSX and you just went WOW. Near the black TSX was a white and Graphite Pearl TSX, but the black just looked fantastic.

The first TL that I ever noticed and went WOW was also black. If I was buying one today I might choose the black despite how it can look when it gets dirty.

Wowed and Excited and I guess still a little undecided.
Old 09-10-2005, 05:51 PM
Car lust never sleeps

I can't decide on a colour...White can also look great but I have never owned a white vehicle and I think that it looks worse dirty than the black
Excited
Black shows road dust and rain residue worse than any other colour. Even the faintest hairline scratch deflects light and shouts "this guy thrashes it around." Black is a very high maintenance colour.

I'm in the same boat: deciding on colour. The 2005 colour palatte is restrictive and very weak -- frankly, I don't think the car look its best in any of the oem colours. We're missing the great red that was formerly available, the rest of the spectrum.

I guess the TSX team was looking at the wrong bra and pantie sets five years ago (which is how they predict future colour preferences, I'm told!).

Errowen
Old 09-10-2005, 05:55 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
The first TL that I ever noticed and went WOW was also black. If I was buying one today I might choose the black despite how it can look when it gets dirty.
I would strongly recommend you look at PLENTY of black cars on the road before making your purchase. Yes, black looks PHENOMENAL when brand new, but you will most likely regret your decision after a few months. Granted, there are a lot of people who love black and become repeat buyers of black cars, but I know a lot MORE people who say "never again" after buying a black car - myself included.

Not only does black show dirt easily, it looks like SHIT when the sun hits in from the wrong angle once you get all the fine scratches on it from washing/waxing, etc. I NEVER took my black car through an automatic car wash and only washed it with soft 100% cotton cloths and was amazed at all the fine scratches the car accumulated within months.

Like I said, pay extra close attention to all the black cars you see on the road for the new few weeks and you'll realize that black only really looks great on the showroom floor.

Just my $.02
Old 09-11-2005, 07:41 PM
TSX4EVR

I took some of your advice and I looked at a lot of black cars and also went back to the dealers and took another look at Graphite Pearl my wife's favourite colour.

I didn't see anything with the black that really turned me off and still fell the TSX looks best when clean and shiny in this colour. This colour will always catch my eye but somehow isn't the colour for me.

I checked out the graphite pearl again. The TSX in the showroom in this colour looks great and in particular from the front view, but it is not my favourite colour on the side view. I have yet to see one on the road to give it a fair chance.

I came back home and looked at the pics of the 06 TSX in the Alabaster silver on the vtec site and still feel that the TSX looks great at times in this colour. It kind of gives off positive energy, has nice clean lines and has the bonus of not showing off dirt the best.

I have to give blood tomorrow evening, but on Tuesday will sign my name to an 06 Alabaster Silver AT with navi and body kit. I will see if I can get the clear bra, all season mats and cargo tray thrown in.

Excited
Old 09-11-2005, 08:17 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
black is a good color is u gen Zion (Xeon, Ziphon) from the dealer. Its an awesome clear coat spray on that lasts 5 years and is like rain ex, and its just really good ask your dealer about it, its new.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:14 PM
1st Gear

Without question PWP is by far the best and most luxuriously looking colour for the TSX.
I agree that black looks great, but only at sundown ...
Old 09-11-2005, 10:13 PM
TSX4EVR

That's why it was so tough to choose a colour.

The white, the black, the graphite, the silver can all look great. Many times I would pull into the dealership and see a white TSX and say that looks really good.

At first I though that I was having a tough time because no one colour grapped me, later I realized it was because too many colours were really good.

(Sorry about not mentioning the blue, but I have owned too many blue cars and need a change)

Excited
Old 09-12-2005, 07:19 AM
Car lust never sleeps

Originally Posted by wclark
black is a good color is u gen Zion (Xeon, Ziphon) from the dealer. Its an awesome clear coat spray on that lasts 5 years and is like rain ex, and its just really good ask your dealer about it, its new.
You sure? Sounds like the (in)famous dealer scam - a double wax job (your car and your ass ).
Old 09-12-2005, 07:26 AM
Car lust never sleeps

...I will see if I can get the clear bra... thrown in.

Excited
Is this what you mean by a "clear bra"?

http://www.invinca-shield.com/n_cont...d=cs_prod_info

Old 09-12-2005, 09:20 AM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by Errowen
Is this what you mean by a "clear bra"?

http://www.invinca-shield.com/n_cont...d=cs_prod_info

Yes
Old 09-12-2005, 02:51 PM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

Well... been paying attention to this thread off and on, and figured I'd finally just add in my

Every car I've ever owned has been a silver car with black interior. Why? Well... for one, I think it looks sporty. Sometimes, the sun hits it just right, and it seems to sparkle. Second, it's very easy to maintain... even when it's dirty, it doesn't "show" as much as other darker colors. Third, aside from dirt, silver shows (or should I say "doesn't show") swirl marks, dings, and chips very well.

When it came to choosing my TSX, though, I chose black on black. I had never had a darker colored car, and I wanted to try something different. I now wonder if I'll ever pick another color. It IS a pain in the butt to keep clean, but when it is... WOW... there's nothing sexier. In daylight OR dimly lit streets, the black shines. It's makes the car seem sleek, and is really a timeless choice. Black will never go out of style (although neither will silver). I love seeing reflections in the black paint.

Of course, I could've just as easily picked another color because I don't think there's a bad choice in the bunch, but my vote is for black!
Old 09-12-2005, 04:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by amadeus303
Well... been paying attention to this thread off and on, and figured I'd finally just add in my

Every car I've ever owned has been a silver car with black interior. Why? Well... for one, I think it looks sporty. Sometimes, the sun hits it just right, and it seems to sparkle. Second, it's very easy to maintain... even when it's dirty, it doesn't "show" as much as other darker colors. Third, aside from dirt, silver shows (or should I say "doesn't show") swirl marks, dings, and chips very well.

When it came to choosing my TSX, though, I chose black on black. I had never had a darker colored car, and I wanted to try something different. I now wonder if I'll ever pick another color. It IS a pain in the butt to keep clean, but when it is... WOW... there's nothing sexier. In daylight OR dimly lit streets, the black shines. It's makes the car seem sleek, and is really a timeless choice. Black will never go out of style (although neither will silver). I love seeing reflections in the black paint.

Of course, I could've just as easily picked another color because I don't think there's a bad choice in the bunch, but my vote is for black!
HAHA, I feel the same way. I cant believe how good my TSX looks clean,.....it just has something about it,......it looks so sexy. We have had black cars before,.......and I think I will continue to buy black cars because they look so darn good,.............I dont care if they show scratches more blah blah,.....just do my best to keep it clean and looking sexy.

Quick Reply: Can't decide on a colour?