BT -- Has anyone paired a Sprint Samsung A900 series phone?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 09:33 AM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
BT -- Has anyone paired a Sprint Samsung A900 series phone?

www.handsfreelink.com states the A900 series phone is incompatible with the 06 TSX Bluetooth. However, I found this confusing internal memo that contradicts itself. The "Accura" supported and the Honda not supported doesnt make sense considering it's pretty much the same manufacturer. I am trying to find out if "Accura" is some knock-off kit manufacturer or if maybe the author made a typo.

A profile is a way of describing Bluetooth functionality in different devices. Since the Bluetooth wireless technology is used for many different types of applications, it is necessary to describe how the different devices and their applications should operate together. This is called a profile. For example, a Bluetooth headset communicates with a mobile phone with a headset profile. In order for communication (known as pairing) between Bluetooth devices to be possible, both devices must support the same profile.

If customer has a Samsung A900 with the Bluetooth profile support questions/issues:

Instructional Note:

Supported profiles include:
Object Push Profile (OPP)
Headset Profile (HSP)
Hands-Free Profile (HFP)
Dial-Up Networking Profile (DUN)
Basic Printing Profile (BPP)
File Transfer Profile (FTP)
Unsupported profiles include:
Bluetooth Stereo Headset Profile
Object Exchange Profile (OBEX)
Automobile (AM) Bluetooth Profiles: Because Bluetooth is a standard of technology, supported profiles are built in by manufacturers of products using Bluetooth. Built-in profiles may vary among different automobile manufacturers. At this time, there is no listing of specific automobile models known to be supported with a profile. This device may pair with some automobile models but not with others. Sprint & Samsung are working together to resolve some of automobile manufacturer profile (AM) issues. Additional AM support is expected in early 2006.
Supported: Visteon & Peiker manufactured car kits and Accura
Not supported: BMW, Audi, Honda
Old 01-23-2006, 03:06 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can use my A900. There are some issues though. Look at this thread in the 3rd Gen TL forums.

Kelly
Old 01-23-2006, 05:37 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
I borrowed a test phone A940 and paired it to the HFL ok. It took about 5 attempts. The trick was to initiate the pairing from the handset instead of waiting for the car to find it even if in always on mode. My first call attempt resulted in a spontaneous reboot of the phone. Whoops!!! It worked ok after that. The only thing I couldn't perform was phone status which is no big deal to me. Are these the issues you speak of?
Old 01-23-2006, 06:07 PM
Intermediate

The biggest issues seem to be the back button not working to end a call (you have to press the end button on the phone or wait for the other end to hang up) and some phantom calls (the car will ring, but no one is calling the phone). I've heard that Sprint is serious about supporting the Acura HFL, so I'm hoping it's just a matter of time before they get the bugs all worked out. Other than those two problems, I love the phone and the HFL. I've never had it crash or reboot.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:09 PM
Racer

Fix for Samsing A900

I was finally able to get rid of major issues (phantom calls, inability to hang up calls, etc.) with the Samsung A900 by downloading the latest Samsung software (version ZB12)

Menu > Settings > Others > Update Phone
Old 02-23-2006, 01:30 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/

That is all for now.