Anti-theft codes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 12:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anti-theft codes?

I don't have my TSX yet--still a month away--but I was casually viewing the online instructions for installing various accessories. I might order the foglights, but I'll let the dealer install them. Nevertheless, I was curious about the foglight installation, available at:

https://webp6.t3link.com/hondacuraworld.com/Merchant2/instructions/tsx/]TSX Accessory Instructions[/URL]

Besides, informing the reader that these procedures should not be done by do-it-yourselfers, step 1 says, "Make sure you have the anti-theft code for the radio, then write down the frequencies for the preset buttons."

Step 2 is to disconnect the battery cable.

What's this anti-theft code about? Regardless of foglight installation, if the TSX's battery goes bad, is the radio going to be inoperative when we restore power if we don't have this code?
Old 07-16-2003, 12:22 AM
Racer

basically its a "pin" number that you have to enter into the system when you remove the battery. there are the codes for the audio system and the navi system. both of them are given to you when you receive the car. shouldn't be a problem... as long as the car is yours... =P
Old 07-16-2003, 07:47 AM
'12 TL (prev '04 TSX 6MT)

You can have mine. It's "1... 2... 3... 4... 5."
Old 07-16-2003, 07:53 PM
No Longer a Poseur

I wonder if the code's slightly more difficult to get at. In my EL, if you forget the code, all you gotta do is hold down two buttons on the radio while you start the car....and the radio *SHOWS* you the code, so you can punch it in. Really, really stupid.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:26 PM
Intermediate

Most of the time the dealer will put a small sticker with the number on the outter portion of the glove box. When you open it, you'll see it. If not, check the fuse box cover under the hood. If they'er not there, you should have been given a little plastic credit card with the number. If you don't have any of these, you have to go to the dealer and give them your VIN and they can retrieve it for you.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:41 PM
Advanced

My dealer gave me a couple little slips of paper and said "don't lose these".

one was the key code the other the anti-theft.
Old 07-16-2003, 10:52 PM
'12 TL (prev '04 TSX 6MT)

Originally posted by gregor
My dealer gave me a couple little slips of paper and said "don't lose these".

one was the key code the other the anti-theft.
I got the same thing, and he said to put it in my house, NOT in the car. He said often what happens with car thieves is they'll break in and steel the paperwork from your glove box first, then come back later for the car. Not sure how true it is, but a good reminder to not leave anything in the car that doesn't need to be there.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:46 PM
Banned

Yea, That what happend to me They told all my information I am so freaking piss off. I dnot have no music and I went to the dealer and they dnot have the code, very instresting.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:40 PM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeMa
I wonder if the code's slightly more difficult to get at. In my EL, if you forget the code, all you gotta do is hold down two buttons on the radio while you start the car....and the radio *SHOWS* you the code, so you can punch it in. Really, really stupid.
Unless the Canadian model EL is different than most other Honda products, the only number you can access by holding down two buttons on the face is the serial number for the audio unit. This has to be entered into Honda/Acura's iN (dealer network computer) to retrieve the audio units 4or5 digit security code.

This does not work on all model Honda/Acura's. Some you have to remove the audio unit to get the s/n off the back of the unit.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:15 AM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

Originally Posted by poltergeist
Unless the Canadian model EL is different than most other Honda products, the only number you can access by holding down two buttons on the face is the serial number for the audio unit. This has to be entered into Honda/Acura's iN (dealer network computer) to retrieve the audio units 4or5 digit security code.

This does not work on all model Honda/Acura's. Some you have to remove the audio unit to get the s/n off the back of the unit.
Does anyone know which buttons I can hold down to get the S/Ns? I would need it for the nav and radio. I'll give anything a shot. The dealership my wife and I purchased our '03 MDX from didn't give us the nav or radio codes... when the battery drained, we were screwed. I called the dealership up (which is over 2 hours away), and they don't have it on file. They said they'd be happy to pull out the radio and nav to get the S/N and lookup the codes for us. Over 4 hours roundtrip to get punch-in codes??? I asked them if I could just bring it to any dealer, and the service rep said "Yes... but they'll charge you to do that. We won't because you purchased the vehicle from us."

Somebody please help! This happened just yesterday, but my wife had to borrow my parents' vehicle b/c nothing in the center console is working!