alarm system

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 05:35 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alarm system

i guys, i bought a tsx 04 and i think it came with a factory alarm or something. when i lock the car up i see an small red light blinking, and i hit the car trying to make the alarm to go off but nothing happen. i remember one time i was inside and i locked it up and when i started the car the panic when off but since then nothing happen when i hit it or try to open the doors while locked.
the question is does anyone know what happen or how can i make the factory alarm more sencible.
another questions is what is the panic button for in the keyless entry remote.
thanks
Old 05-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Team Owner

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts
1) First off, proper punctuation/grammar/capitalization is most appreciated

2)
i hit the car trying to make the alarm to go off but nothing happen.
Who in their right mind hits their car to try and make their alarm go off? You don't need to test it by hitting your car....however, if that is your thing, by all means.....

3)
but since then nothing happen when i hit it or try to open the doors while locked.
Usually doors don't open when locked, no matter how hard you try. Therefore, no alarm. Now, you unlock the doors and open them from the inside while the alarm is set? Now you have a different story.

4) The alarm system is sensitive enough. If someone busts into your car or tries to hotwire it while the alarm is set, trust me....it will sound. If you are that worried, go buy an extra aftermarket system.

5) You serious about the panic button???

Did I sound too much like a dick just then? Maybe. I'm thinking maybe not.

Last edited by TS_eXpeed; 05-11-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Advanced

The OP actually has good points. I dont think he hit the car in a bad way to try and set off the alarm.

I have done this on my NSX just to see how sensitive it really is. Nothing bad just a tap/knock here and there using common sense , nothing wrong with that.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:17 PM
10th Gear

being an asshole.

Dude I came here looking for some good answers but what i`ve got is a piece of shit like you. if you dont have anything to affer, go and hang yourself with your underwear. assholeeeeeeeee
Old 05-11-2009, 06:19 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by 150shot
The OP actually has good points. I dont think he hit the car in a bad way to try and set off the alarm.

I have done this on my NSX just to see how sensitive it really is. Nothing bad just a tap/knock here and there using common sense , nothing wrong with that.

Do not pay attention to him. He is too dumb to get that.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:24 PM
Team Owner

Sorry bro.
It's wasn't meant to be a personal hit to you, but IMO the original post sounds kind of whack. Maybe that's just me. I have never heard of ANYONE hitting their car to see what it takes to get their alarm to go off.

Trust me. If you hit the thing hard enough, it'll go off.

If you're that worried about it, take it to your dealership and have them check the system. That's about all you can do.
Again, like I said before, if it still bothers you and the OEM system is not 'protective' enough, go buy an aftermarket with multiple types of sensors.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Advanced

LOL now that i think of it , it does sound kind of funny hitting the car. o well...no biggie...but yeah sometimes unfortunately aftermarket is the only way to go when stock isnt good enough for most of us.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:48 PM
still plays with cars

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The TSX does not have a shock sensor - hit it until you pound dents in the doors - no alarm. The alarm sounds when someone opens a door under the wrong conditions.

Also, it might be to your (and our) advantage to get an owners manual and read it front to back.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:58 PM
10th Gear

Another question. I noticed there is a blue light in the roof of the car (close to the sunroof), what is that light for?

Last edited by gaaray2k; 05-11-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by gaaray2k
Another question. I noticed there is a blue light in the roof of the car close to the sunroof, what is that light for?
"Map Light"
I'm not sure how many people ever use them for maps though.
If I ever need light at night, I just turn the normal light on.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:45 PM

Received 322 Likes on 182 Posts
I think that blue light is just an ambient light, not a map light. Kind of like the ambient light near the foot wells in the RL and TL. It serves no purpose except adding a cool factor to the car

As for hitting the car, yea I hit my car too to test it. I have a Viper alarm. How else would I test the sensitivity of the alarm? Best way to hit the TSX is to hit the door pillars (please, don't hit any where on the paint). I mean after I spend 500 on installed alarm, I'm not gonna walk away without knowing if the alarm would work if someone was to bump my car. I'm gonna do a test, and the best test is to hit the door pillars to see how sensitive the alarm is. If it takes a massive hit to activate the alarm, then you would have to relocate the sensor. Otherwise it would be useless. Can't really bag on the OP for testing the alarm (which I understand that the stock TSX doesn't have that kind of alarm).
Old 05-12-2009, 12:06 AM
Looking at the '15 TLX

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The blue light is an ambient light to light the shifter area.

The factory alarm is only designed to detect opening of the doors, hood or trunk without disarming the system, removing the factory radio or cutting the wire harness, and a few other select items. It is not an impact or vibration sensor, sorry.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:10 AM
Site Lurker, Rare poster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Stevestr
The blue light is an ambient light to light the shifter area.

The factory alarm is only designed to detect opening of the doors, hood or trunk without disarming the system, removing the factory radio or cutting the wire harness, and a few other select items. It is not an impact or vibration sensor, sorry.
Exactly. It won't go off if your car is bumped or anything like that unless maybe it's crashed into...then idk. It won't go off if you break your windows either.

Aftermarket alarms like Viper have sensors that will go off if set sensitive enough. If you want that then you need to go aftermarket as said. Just don't set it too sensitive because that is beyond annoying when alarms go off if you cough next to a car.

Panic button on the fob is used to find your car when you don't know where it is, not many ppl use it for the safety it was designed for (panic). The range is horrible on our car IMO and so when you need to use it you're usually within site of your car anyways.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:32 AM
Sweet!

Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts
Don't all TSXes have a red dash light when the car is locked? On my '04, its located near/around the temp gauge on the instrument cluster. I don't have an aftermarket alarm.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by thunder04
Don't all TSXes have a red dash light when the car is locked? On my '04, its located near/around the temp gauge on the instrument cluster. I don't have an aftermarket alarm.
As far as I know.
Mine is on the far left hand side. You can see it right outside of the window