2007 TSX Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 05:11 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 TSX Keyless Entry

Sorry, total newb here..

I just purchased a CPO 2007 Acura TSX and was surprised to find that it didn't come with a keyless entry remote. My question is what are the steps I have to take to get this in my car? I don't really know how these remotes work.. Do I have to just buy one of the remotes or do I have to buy additional hardware as well that sends the signal from my car? There is a blinking led in my car and I don't know if that means I already have this, and just need a remote?

Thanks guys
Old 04-27-2010, 05:53 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by antec0721
Sorry, total newb here..

I just purchased a CPO 2007 Acura TSX and was surprised to find that it didn't come with a keyless entry remote. My question is what are the steps I have to take to get this in my car? I don't really know how these remotes work.. Do I have to just buy one of the remotes or do I have to buy additional hardware as well that sends the signal from my car? There is a blinking led in my car and I don't know if that means I already have this, and just need a remote?

Thanks guys
you should have received 2 remotes, 2 keys and a valet key. Go back to the dealer and get them
Old 04-27-2010, 05:58 AM
7th Gear

I asked the dealer after I had purchased the car. I only received the two keys and valet key. He said that they did not have them.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:02 AM
7th Gear

I am actually looking at the Acura Certified Pre-owned checklist now and there is a checkbox that states "Minimum two master keys, one valey, and two remotes (if equipped with OEM remotes)" and this box was not checked off. Are there implications to this, since I purchased this CPO? I did notice that it said "IF equipped with OEM remotes".. so does this mean that they are not obligated to give me this?

Just want to know your thoughts.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:24 AM
Almost Doctor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If the dealership has them, they are obligated to give you them. A lot of times, people don't take care of stuff as well as they should and they get lost or misplaced when transitioning the vehicle. The remotes and programming can be expensive so I'd put pressure on the dealer to give you a new set for free or at a steep discount.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:06 AM
7th Gear

I will stop by the dealership and see if I can get them to give me a discount or have them put in for free. I have a feeling they won't since the deal has already been negotiated and the purchase made.

However, my question is whether they can just not complete a checklist item on their 150 point certification checklist and still advertise the vehicle to me as "acura CPO"?
Old 04-27-2010, 11:04 AM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
I will stop by the dealership and see if I can get them to give me a discount or have them put in for free. I have a feeling they won't since the deal has already been negotiated and the purchase made.

However, my question is whether they can just not complete a checklist item on their 150 point certification checklist and still advertise the vehicle to me as "acura CPO"?
My understanding is that the CPO checklist is to be filled out (and each item addressed) in it's entirety. I bought a CPO TSX last fall and there were a couple of items missing...and the dealer made sure that they were taken care of quickly.

If your dealer does not do so for you, I would contact Acura and tell them about the situation. (And perhaps mention to the dealer that you will take that step next...in most cases they will try to avoid any problems with the corporate office.)
Old 04-27-2010, 12:01 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Boulder TSX
My understanding is that the CPO checklist is to be filled out (and each item addressed) in it's entirety. I bought a CPO TSX last fall and there were a couple of items missing...and the dealer made sure that they were taken care of quickly.

If your dealer does not do so for you, I would contact Acura and tell them about the situation. (And perhaps mention to the dealer that you will take that step next...in most cases they will try to avoid any problems with the corporate office.)
I think you're right. My main confusion was in the CPO checklist where it stated "IF equipped with OEM remotes", since I wasn't sure if there were TSX's that do and don't come with the OEM remote systems. However, upon second thought, I think that all 2007 TSX's do come with the OEM remotes, and that that clause is actually referring to other Acura models or years that don't come standard with the remotes.

What do you think? I think I am definitely going in to demand these be included free.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
I think you're right. My main confusion was in the CPO checklist where it stated "IF equipped with OEM remotes", since I wasn't sure if there were TSX's that do and don't come with the OEM remote systems. However, upon second thought, I think that all 2007 TSX's do come with the OEM remotes, and that that clause is actually referring to other Acura models or years that don't come standard with the remotes.

What do you think? I think I am definitely going in to demand these be included free.
All TSX's (from 04 on I mean) were (or were supposed to be) equipped with two keyless entry remotes. A previous owner may have lost or destroyed one or both of these, but..... not your problem. If the car is being sold as certified pre owned, it's the selling dealer's responsibility to provide you with the two remotes (or replacements) that came with the car. Your experience here doesn't bode well for future dealings with this dealer (it may be wise to find another). I'd call Acura customer relations and let them know how disappointed you are with your experience with the company so far and ask them to intervene if necessary.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Wei
10th Gear

hi, i recently purchased a 07 tsx but not as a CPO, and it also did not come with keyless entry remotes. My guess was that the previous owner lost it, does anyone know how much they would cost to replace and program?
Old 09-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
In line with the other posters, I will say this:

Since you purchased the car as certified-pre-owned, it is the selling dealer's responsibility to furnish you with 2 master keys, 1 valet key, and 2 remotes. In short, they owe you 2 remotes, and if they give you any trouble about it, call Acura Client Services and tell them how disappointed you were with your local dealer.

They should be free- not even a steep discount. Your car is supposed to have them included. Don't settle for anything less than 2 free remotes, and if the dealer won't budge, call Acura.

Not receiving the 2 remotes would also raise some doubt in my mind as to whether or not they actually performed the other aspects of the CPO inspection, or if they just checked all the boxes on the list and called it a day.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:52 PM
2006 DGP Sold 10/24/2012

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 2006 CPO was missing a valet key plus a few other items when I purchased the car. I made a list and requested that the dealership do the right thing and provide the items on the list, which they did.

Make a list, be polite, but firm. The dealership I bought from is highly-respected and is proud of their customer feedback ratings. Hopefully yours does as well.