2004 TSX non-navi going Navi

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 TSX non-navi going Navi

Hello everyone. I'll be doing the conversion of our '04 TSX non-navi vehicle to the OEM navi system this weekend. I have all of the parts, cables, harnesses, and tools but have a couple of questions before diving in.

The GPS antenna supposedly mounts somewhere on the back shelf. Is this true? If so then where exactly does it mount? I have a metal pad with tape on the back that came with the kit so that the GPS antenna can be put on top of it. Can someone take a picture and post it of where the antenna should be mounted?

I also have the XM CommanderMT that's going in as well so I'll probably just put the XM antenna right next to the GPS antenna unless someone knows that this would interfere with each other. Waiting for the splitter on that one since I forgot that the navi system requires this when using the Aux adapter box.

I believe the DVD that I have is an orange disk with version 3.40 or 3.50 or something like that. What navi DVDs can I actually use with this unit? (it's the one for the '04)

Finally...I plan on installing the XM unit on the shelf door that's just under the temp controls which will require some cutting. My wife insists that I find a replacement door for if and when we sell the car. Where can I find one?

I'll be sure to take lots of pictures as I progress through the install. Was thinking of doing something like my CarPuter project but the wife wasn't having it and thus now have to go through this. At least in the end it's going to be more reliable.

Thanks for the help guys/gals.

After all the work is done I get to take it apart again to install the Parrot CK3100 hands-free cell unit when it comes in with the correct wiring harness.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Navi antenna sits underneath the rear deck. It can still pick up a signal through it. You should be fine with putting the two antennas right next to each other. You don't have to cut the storage bin door. The XM unit should fit inside. Why cut it?
Old 02-02-2008, 07:26 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was an idea from looking at someone else's car on this forum. I think I'll use the "not an ash tray" compartment for it though. Sounds more reasonable.