Old 01-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Sweet!

Received 78 Likes on 67 Posts

Earlier today:

That is all.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:39 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What kind of issues have you had during those 180k miles?

Also, how is your leather holding up at that kind of mileage?
Old 01-12-2012, 08:43 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice! it's good seeing these posts from you guys with more miles than me! I'm about to reach 160k myself!

No major problems to report.. but I am noticing a small and slow oil leak from the front pass side.. possible crank pully leak..

Everything else is all good, even the leather has held up very well.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:09 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
im closing on my 150k, im like at 149600...
so far for me, nothing wrong except that stupid airbag issue that i havent fixed yet as well as the power steering leak that i changed myself since the recall wasn't applied here in canada
Old 01-13-2012, 12:16 AM
¿baCon?

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Heres to 180k more
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (01-29-2012)
Old 01-16-2012, 09:46 AM
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Can't beat a Honda/Acura.... Awesome!
Old 01-25-2012, 11:38 AM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My 2004 will be hitting 180K in the next week or so. I'm the second owner, but the first owner was a good friend so I know the history of the car.

Problems:
  • Drivers side door lock actuator failed
  • center stack lights out - I haven't bothered to fix because it doesn't bother me

The AC is still working fine, but it won't surprise me if it goes belly up. The car looks and drives like new - even the leather looks new, which is really surprising.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm "only" at 94K miles on my 2005.

I think it's great seeing all of the messages from those with high mileage. I'm trying to figure out what kind of maintenance I'm looking at in the next year or two. The car drives so well, I hate the thought of getting something new, but when does it make sense to put a lot of money into an "old car"? I think I have to keep it for a couple more years to justify it.

Here's the list of things I'm looking at:

Tires
Rotors
Shocks
Occasional airbag light? (Seatbelt part?)

Doesn't sound so bad, but I'm sure it's >$2000, and these are just the things that I know about.

The leather seats are looking great. Starting to wear a bit on the driver's bolster where I get in and out. I use leather cleaner/conditioner only rarely.

I replaced the driver's door actuator. The passenger one looks like it's going (it's sluggish), but I'll probably wait until I have to get it replaced.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:21 PM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by vidgamer
I'm "only" at 94K miles on my 2005.

I think it's great seeing all of the messages from those with high mileage. I'm trying to figure out what kind of maintenance I'm looking at in the next year or two. The car drives so well, I hate the thought of getting something new, but when does it make sense to put a lot of money into an "old car"? I think I have to keep it for a couple more years to justify it.

Here's the list of things I'm looking at:

Tires
Rotors
Shocks
Occasional airbag light? (Seatbelt part?)

Doesn't sound so bad, but I'm sure it's >$2000, and these are just the things that I know about.

The leather seats are looking great. Starting to wear a bit on the driver's bolster where I get in and out. I use leather cleaner/conditioner only rarely.

I replaced the driver's door actuator. The passenger one looks like it's going (it's sluggish), but I'll probably wait until I have to get it replaced.
I understand your dilemma. I'll be at 163K on my 05 next week (runs like new and looks like a 50K mile car, but I think I am going to finally sell it in the spring though). Tires aren't really a consequence of your present mileage any more so than they could be at a much lower figure. I'd guess they've been replaced a minimum of once, and probably twice already by now. Rotors are pretty cheap (really cheap if you do it yourself). Shocks? That could be expensive. I'd check around here or on ebay for some take offs from someone who went to a performance unit. You could save some real money there (labor for that job isn't cheap though). I bought some shocks off ebay from an 08 when it was new a few years ago. 04-08's will work. There are some very minor differences due to weight changes between the AT and MT cars, but any will work and you'll never notice any difference. I put Koni yellows on my 05 about 110K miles ago and they're staying there. The ones I bought will probably go on my wife's 07 (she's at like 145K). The light? Who knows.....
Old 01-29-2012, 04:13 AM
Burning Brakes

Apparently the airbag thing is not uncommon as well as the doorlock actuator problem, when I searched about these. I don't mind minor maintenance -- this is a lot cheaper than buying a new car, to be sure!

And some of these things don't need to be done immediately, I just am thinking about what needs to be done within the next year, perhaps two.

I guess I don't need the shocks immediately, but I just have this feeling like they're going to need to be replaced at some point. It'd probably drive better with some new ones. I guess Koni or A-spec would be my preferred options. If I'm keeping the car, better to just do it and enjoy new ones.

Rotors I've had turned and I've read the messages about "bedding in" so I'm wondering it's that more than actual warping. Not sure of the best solution here, but I still have a slight vibration.

Tires -- they need changing soon. I've only had to change them once. This feels really strange to me. On my two previous cars, I tended to get summer, sports car tires that lasted 20 to 30K max. I'm at 94k with only one tire change? I'm not sure how much my first tires lasted. I think I'll probably get all-seasons again, but try to find a "higher performance" set. Usually I feel like I'm buying a new set of tires just before trading the car in.

The worst thing about changing cars at this point, though, is that I'm really happy with my stereo setup. It took me a lot of time and effort to get it tuned to my liking.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:12 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by vidgamer
Apparently the airbag thing is not uncommon as well as the doorlock actuator problem, when I searched about these. I don't mind minor maintenance -- this is a lot cheaper than buying a new car, to be sure!

And some of these things don't need to be done immediately, I just am thinking about what needs to be done within the next year, perhaps two.

I guess I don't need the shocks immediately, but I just have this feeling like they're going to need to be replaced at some point. It'd probably drive better with some new ones. I guess Koni or A-spec would be my preferred options. If I'm keeping the car, better to just do it and enjoy new ones.

Rotors I've had turned and I've read the messages about "bedding in" so I'm wondering it's that more than actual warping. Not sure of the best solution here, but I still have a slight vibration.

Tires -- they need changing soon. I've only had to change them once. This feels really strange to me. On my two previous cars, I tended to get summer, sports car tires that lasted 20 to 30K max. I'm at 94k with only one tire change? I'm not sure how much my first tires lasted. I think I'll probably get all-seasons again, but try to find a "higher performance" set. Usually I feel like I'm buying a new set of tires just before trading the car in.

The worst thing about changing cars at this point, though, is that I'm really happy with my stereo setup. It took me a lot of time and effort to get it tuned to my liking.
I have only changed the tires on my 06 tsx once. I am now doing research on my next tires. I now have Yokohama Avid V4s tires that were recently measured at 5/32. I still have the original brakes that were measured at 4mm. They will have to be replaced also. the original tires lasted almost 74,000 miles and my car now has 134,000+miles. Great car. Has the original shocks.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:57 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by aedavis
My 2004 will be hitting 180K in the next week or so. I'm the second owner, but the first owner was a good friend so I know the history of the car.

Problems:
  • Drivers side door lock actuator failed
  • center stack lights out - I haven't bothered to fix because it doesn't bother me

The AC is still working fine, but it won't surprise me if it goes belly up. The car looks and drives like new - even the leather looks new, which is really surprising.
The center-stack display on my '04 went dark for the second time about a month ago. I was at about 112,000 miles, so the warranty extension for this problem no longer applied.
Through my local dealership I sought goodwill assistance from Acura, and I was granted a 50% assist. The charge for the fix -- replacing a printed circuit board -- was about $220, so I paid about $110. I certainly wasn't happy about having to pay anything, this malfunction being so common that Acura acknowledged it by extending the warranty for it, but I would have paid full price then some to revive the center-stack display. Not having the clock, not knowing what station the radio is tuned to, and not knowing what the HVAC settings are aren't things I could get used to.
To anyone living with a dark center stack: I'd certainly recommend seeking goodwill assistance, if you haven't done it already.
(FYI, I've owned my '04 (NHB, MT) since it was new (October 2003), and I'm at about 113,400 miles. The center stack went dark the first time in November 2006, when the car had 41,000 miles on it. My assumption back then was that the problem had been fully figured out and that only "good" circuit boards were being put in to fix cars with dark displays. I guess I was wrong about that, but at least circuit board #2 lasted much longer than circuit board #1 -- 71,000 miles versus 41,000 miles. I'm not sure how long I'll keep this car -- it might be a lot longer; I like it that much -- but I pray that circuit board #3 will never go bad.)
Old 01-29-2012, 12:42 PM
Burning Brakes

$200 in repairs on an 8 year old car is pretty good.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:10 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mines an 07 and only has 42k on it... lol i feel left out, but my ranger i had before my tsx has 204k
Old 02-22-2014, 08:19 AM
Instructor

Hi all,

I have now 180K on my TSX and just wanted to know how much do they charge for 180K Service. It looks like it is same as 90K Service and might cost around $600 at a dealer.

Any suggestions on what additional things i should ask them to check.

Thanks
Old 02-22-2014, 09:09 PM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by mars
Hi all,

I have now 180K on my TSX and just wanted to know how much do they charge for 180K Service. It looks like it is same as 90K Service and might cost around $600 at a dealer.

Any suggestions on what additional things i should ask them to check.

Thanks
Kind of hard to suggest anything. Don't know the age of the car (or model year), or what maintenance has been performed.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:49 PM
625k or Bust!

Received 234 Likes on 63 Posts
i'm currently at 395k and have all my dealer maintenance records posted on my blog. feel free to look thru them until you find what you need
http://tsxtravels.com/2013/09/04/the-maintenance/