04-what happens when u disconnect battery? Locks,anti-theft,hood/trunk latches, etc. - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Go Back  AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community > AcuraZine TSX Community > First Generation TSX Discussion (2004-2008)
Reload this Page >

04-what happens when u disconnect battery? Locks,anti-theft,hood/trunk latches, etc.

Notices

04-what happens when u disconnect battery? Locks,anti-theft,hood/trunk latches, etc.

Old 03-30-2017, 07:08 PM

Just got a '04 TSX. Total noob, but plan to (attempt to) do some minor work myself.

What happens when the battery is disconnected? Door locks, hood and trunk latches and releases, anti-theft/immobilizer, etc? (No worries, have radio/navi codes.) Also, is the anti-theft system going to freak-out at any point when disconnecting or re-connecting the battery?

Think I'd like to take the battery out for a time. As I only have far away on-the-street parking, need to know do door locks, etc., work without power (by turning the key)? (Reason is would like to bring the battery to directly connect to a charger/maintainer I can access (and see if it can bring the charge level up)).

Thanks.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:01 AM
mrgold35

I just had to re-enter the radio and navi code if I needed to disconnect the battery on my 06 TSX. Your ECU might have to re-learn your driving habits once you re-connect; but, you will hardly notice that when driving. You don't have memory seats to re-set. Might reset your trip computer info. 1% of 1% of the time the auto window button may stop working (I "think" you roll down and pull-up and hold to reset the auto feature). I haven't had any other issues disconnecting my battery for any length of time from all three of my vehicles.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrgold35 For This Useful Post:
crk21 (04-01-2017)
Old 04-01-2017, 02:33 PM

Thanks mrgold, doesn't sound bad. Mainly wanted to make sure I could lock/unlock the car without battery. Also I was concerned about anti-theft after coming across Acurazine threads like How to stop alarm... (even though that was for a TL).
Old 04-19-2017, 06:42 PM

Well - it was completely un-eventful! (And the charger did a super job with the battery.)
Old 11-08-2018, 07:28 PM
Registered Member

On my 04 tsx, when i removed battery, i only needed to reset the radio code

Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.