Why is it that...

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2001, 08:42 PM

Post Why is it that...

First gen tl's are off the heazy? I mean 2nd gens look alright and the extra 25hp (hell even 60 for the tl-s) would be nice, and there are some cool feature (navi, layout of the sportshift). But why is it that first gen tl's with big ol' rims scream pimp? I guess I may be partial because this is the first car I've ever bought on my own, but still.
Old 05-15-2001, 10:12 PM

gotta 96 3.2 on 19-z
u gotta friend in me... i likes what u said
Old 05-15-2001, 11:32 PM
Din
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think 1st gen looks more luxuary than 2nd, 2nd gen look more sporty.
Old 05-15-2001, 11:53 PM
Intermediate

Ever notice when your driving down the street how girls eyes turn into dollar signs and they all of a sudden start feeling damp between their legs.....damn I love my car...lol.
Old 05-16-2001, 12:05 AM

HAHAHAHA....you guys are crazy...i feel the exact same way. i was thinking i wasn't normal by thinking our cars are more pimp tight than the 2nd gens. the 2nd gens don't even look lik a luxury car to me. they can easily be mistaken for a dodge stratus or some other off the wall car if you don't know our automobiles. i think they are very nice but i like ours better and that is not because i have one. if the 2nd gen looked better then i would say so. yeah and now that i have my 18 inch alba blaze rims on you wouldn't believe the girls and other people that break their necks to check it out. everyone loved it before the rims too. i love it!
Old 05-16-2001, 09:39 AM
Burning Brakes

Yup Yup I heard you. "Everyone at works says damn they pay you too much." "thats a NICE car" all kinds of stuff.
Old 05-16-2001, 12:14 PM
Racer

i understand everything that you guys are saying. i look at all the 2nd gen's and i still think that my 1st gen looks better. i always get asked if my car is brand new cause it doesn't have anything wrong with the paint or the body, and it's a 96. people are always telling me "That's a nice car." i always turn heads when i'm driving. especially when people see who's driving it. i get that look like, "How the hell is he driving that???" cause i'm only 19. plus i pay for the car myself and i pay my own insurance. i just like the body style better too. long live the big body Acura!!!

------------------
96 2.5 TL
Piaa Super Plasma Headlights, Piaa 1700X Fog's, Eibach Prokit's , Momo Woodgrain Shift Knob, Clear Bumper Lenses, 18" Giovanna Corsicas (here next week) Kenwood XC-917, MB Quart 6 1/2" Components, MB Quart 6x9's,Mobile Video Coming Soon!!!!
Old 05-16-2001, 12:36 PM
Din
Pro

You should see how many people break their necks, when I roll around, my rims be blingin.
Old 05-16-2001, 11:15 PM
Racer

Thumbs up

Yeah i totally agree. Our car was "loosely" based on the Accord from the era. The second generation was "heavenly" based on the Accord of it's era. I mean damn I see so many similarities between those two cars I would never buy one.
Our car has a real classy and is aging extrmely well.People always are surprised when I tell them its a 97, and if its clean they really look at me like I am lying. A cleaned up first generation looks just as good as any 99 or 00 in its proposed class. The body is a clone of what made the Legend such a timeless and beautiful car. The long body with a low stance. A nice grill and front end and a simple rear. The car is definately hands down more on the luxury side, than the sport sedan side of the second generation.
...If its cleaned and especially with chrome rims you will get stares like an old clean Lexus 90-95 or an Infiniti (with grill) still gets. Our car has too many haters. Bad thing most of the hate is within our own Acura family. tisk tisk
Old 05-16-2001, 11:35 PM
Pro

I think that one of the main things that i love about our car is the open crystalized headlights. I think it mkes the car look so classy. I love the front end on our cars. Anyone agree?

------------------
Rosewood 97 3.2 TL Premium
-PIAA Plasma Blue Headlights
-PIAA 1400X Platinum Series Fogs
-Clifford Solaris Alarm w/Remote Start
-Alpine Deck 7862
-Punch 800 Amplifier
-Obcon Custom Prefab Box w/Fosgate HX2 subs
-MB Quart Mids Front/Rear
-Infiniti Tweets
-10% Tint
-Weapon R Short Ram Intake
Old 05-16-2001, 11:53 PM
Racer

yeah i agree, thas why our car looks so good with HID'zzzzzz!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by DDubb:
I think that one of the main things that i love about our car is the open crystalized headlights. I think it mkes the car look so classy. I love the front end on our cars. Anyone agree?