They hate me on the other side of the boards, haha!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 11:48 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
holy fuck guys the TSX is a souped up Civic with leather guts!
Entry level is just horse shit used by dealers to sell their pieces of crap to wannabe impotent peeps.
Luxury cars are big and roomy for 3 6 footers in the back seat with lots of wood and silver, not plastic and a navigation/playstation for the kiddies.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:51 PM
There's alot of asian in

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by fish008
Regardless of the fact that this comment is true, you cited wikipedia, which anyone who has completed college will know that wikipedia is not an acceptable source.
Hey now, wiki is good for some source but not all..like religion lol

so where's the mods? are they on vacation here or something?
Old 08-22-2007, 01:05 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Originally Posted by Altitude
Entry level is just horse shit used by dealers to sell their pieces of crap to wannabe impotent peeps.
Luxury cars are big and roomy for 3 6 footers in the back seat with lots of wood and silver, not plastic and a navigation/playstation for the kiddies.
Exactly.

Originally Posted by sifuacura
so where's the mods? are they on vacation here or something?
The mods in some areas are more tolerable of off topic threads than the mods in others. Sometimes it's a good thing, sometimes it's not...just depends on the quality of the discussion.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:20 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Holy fuck, that pretty much eliminates the TL.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:29 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by joerockt
Holy fuck, that pretty much eliminates the TL.
And most other Japanese made cars.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:59 PM
Just dial 1911

And most other Japanese made cars.
And most other German made cars.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:45 PM
East Coast Crew

So I guess the Pilot is a luxury car now...
Old 08-22-2007, 09:16 PM
Oh Hullow

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

isnt the csx (which isnt available in the US) a souped up civic? pr were you just being facetious?

i agree with you about the term 'entry level' its basically just "this car is not the top of the line so heres something you can actually afford but we will give the illusion that its somethin special"

dont get me wrong i like the tsx and would drive one without hesitation and do not mean anything derogatory by my statement above about it, but its a fact that the tsx is meant to fall in line underneath the tl and rl thus the title entry level but dealers use fancy wordplay to make it seem more appealing ... do i personally qualify it as a luxury vehicle? yeah... but an 'entry level' luxury vehicle... lol ... so i guess marketing has affected me haha.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:53 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by 03bl AC k CL
isnt the csx (which isnt available in the US) a souped up civic? pr were you just being facetious?

i agree with you about the term 'entry level' its basically just "this car is not the top of the line so heres something you can actually afford but we will give the illusion that its somethin special"

dont get me wrong i like the tsx and would drive one without hesitation and do not mean anything derogatory by my statement above about it, but its a fact that the tsx is meant to fall in line underneath the tl and rl thus the title entry level but dealers use fancy wordplay to make it seem more appealing ... do i personally qualify it as a luxury vehicle? yeah... but an 'entry level' luxury vehicle... lol ... so i guess marketing has affected me haha.
I have to agree with the entry level opinion you have of the TSX. Really its not and shouldn't be mentioned anywhere near a civic... The CSX is the 4dr Civic here in the U.S.

The TSX on the other hand is a Euro Accord... The Accord is not a luxury vehicle but does have luxury accessories and which has an indication of a luxury vehicle but isn't a luxury vehicle...

As Honda would put it:"Luxurious:
The exterior finish is more indicative of luxury automobiles than other vehicles in its class."

but doesn't mean it is a luxury automobile...

You can call the TSX near luxury with more of a sporty feel... You can call it the younger brother to the TL since the TL is a luxury vehicle...

My opinion shown in percents are as follows:
CL - 25% Luxury 75% Sport
TSX - 30% Luxury 70% Sport
TL - 75% Luxury 25% Sport
RL - 99% Luxury (100%) 1% Sport

But again thats just how I see it... and how Honda insinuates...
Old 08-23-2007, 03:48 AM
大日本帝国

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Wow, enough is enough. Even the thread on the TSX side has died. About the whole Euro Accord thing, the current US Accord is Japan's Honda Inspire, which is a newer version of 1 and 2G TLs. The argument can go either way, saying that the 3.2TL's newer version is an Accord, so it isn't luxury, or that the US TSX is a current Euro Accord so it isn't luxury. This thread started as poking fun at how sensitive the TSX and RDX guys were, and now has become a continuation of the TSX thread.

Kevin, I know you have a TSX and I can understand why you are defending it. Keep in mind that I never attacked any of your cars directly, yet I was on the receiving end of some insults. They weren't only directed at my car, but at myself personally.

I'm considering this thread CLOSED.

~Cheers~
Old 08-23-2007, 01:53 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by Go90go
because I made the mod look like the idiot that he is (RDX side)?

P.S. Cliff's: I said TSX wasn't luxury, TSX guys got mad, made a mod look like a retard
Oh no, these arent personal attacks at all douche bag...

Don't start shit with other boards if you're not ready for the backlash.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:32 PM
There's alot of asian in

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

saying douche bag and shit doesnt help the situation either
Old 08-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sifuacura
saying douche bag and shit doesnt help the situation either
They're the only words he can spell.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:37 PM
Just dial 1911

They're the only words he can spell.
I could spell a few other words for you. Like me to try?
Old 08-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Instructor

Thats okay youve already proved your ability with those retrograde and indolent comments, instead would you have a nice salsa recipe? Something that would go good with chicken,and none of that mango stuff, its just not the same as real tomatoes.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:08 PM
大日本帝国

Learn to read:

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
You're ridiculous. The TL is just as much of a re-skinned Accord, especially the 1st gen that appears in your avatar.
Big mis-info right there ^.

Originally Posted by wackura
I don't think he's bought that TL yet, it apears to be on a used car lot. But the 1G TL is a great compromise of a car, go for it man!
Is this not a personal attack ^?

~Cheers~
Old 08-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Instructor

So what percentage of your 9000+ posts are conducive topics of discussion, 2% or less? as far as I saw from what you posted here and over in the thread linked over at the TSX forums, you had probably 1 or 2 posts that are actually worthwhile. I really hope you don't just come online and post second grade responses calling other's douch bags and fucktards to prove you are "the bigger man." If so you need a little priority check.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:07 AM
East Coast Crew

joerockt wouldn't be joerockt if he didn't use the diction =D.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:33 AM
Pro

What Go90go said originally wasn't perhaps the smartest thing to do. Then making a thread about wasn't perhaps the brightest idea ever too. BUT that doesn't give joerockt the right to behave like a child about this. If you ask me who the biggest jerk about this whole situation is I would say joerockt. I am sure that by writing this he will have something negative to say about me but this is getting stupid. I am not even involved in this and I am just making an observation but I am sure the backlash is coming.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Safety Car

Received 486 Likes on 249 Posts
I disagree. Go9 had valid points. Why should we have to curb our opinions if they are not merely vexatious points?
Old 08-24-2007, 12:54 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by triggerc
So what percentage of your 9000+ posts are conducive topics of discussion, 2% or less? as far as I saw from what you posted here and over in the thread linked over at the TSX forums, you had probably 1 or 2 posts that are actually worthwhile. I really hope you don't just come online and post second grade responses calling other's douch bags and fucktards to prove you are "the bigger man." If so you need a little priority check.
What's comical are people like you that take every word so seriously.

And for the record, this thread was started as a second grade response and was intended to antagonize. I'm simply returning the favor...
Old 08-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Just dial 1911

Big mis-info right there ^.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Inspire

Is this not a personal attack ^?
Not at all.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by fish008
What Go90go said originally wasn't perhaps the smartest thing to do. Then making a thread about wasn't perhaps the brightest idea ever too. BUT that doesn't give joerockt the right to behave like a child about this. If you ask me who the biggest jerk about this whole situation is I would say joerockt. I am sure that by writing this he will have something negative to say about me but this is getting stupid. I am not even involved in this and I am just making an observation but I am sure the backlash is coming.
And who are you to tell me what my rights are and how I should respond?

Look, I've seen this 100x before, and I know that if someone like the OP isn't put in their place, they continue to make ridiculous threads like this. So really, all the OP needs to do is admit he was wrong for starting this thread in the first place (which isnt even NEAR on topic) and we can all move on...
Old 08-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Instructor

Great source of information you just provided, just proves that you have no idea about 1st gen TLs.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:25 PM
大日本帝国

Not at all.
So saying that I'm a poseur with an image of a car that isn't mine nor is owned by someone I know is not a personal attack aimed squarely at my integrity? Nor is saying that the vehicle I chose to own over others is a nice "compromise" of a car?

Look, I've seen this 100x before, and I know that if someone like the OP isn't put in their place, they continue to make ridiculous threads like this. So really, all the OP needs to do is admit he was wrong for starting this thread in the first place (which isnt even NEAR on topic) and we can all move on...
Admit to what? This thread was started to laugh at the responses to certain things I had posted on two OTHER sides of the boards, namely, the TSX and RDX. Sideswipe from the RDX side should take a gander here and he should be able to see why I drew these parallels. As far as I can see, it IS on topic, and you are one of the few people from the other sides continuing the debate over here.

Originally Posted by triggerc
Great source of information you just provided, just proves that you have no idea about 1st gen TLs.
Exactly. 1st gen TL, which is a 3rd gen Inspire, shares nothing but the rear sway bar with any Accord. First and second gen Inspires, however, share plenty more parts, although mainly with the Vigor (because at that point, the Vigor and Inspires were almost identical), and nowhere near as much as the fourth gen Inspire, which is the second gen TL. Here's a quote from your OWN source of info, JoeRockt. Like I said in an earlier post, maybe you should learn to read:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The Honda Inspire is a luxury sedan introduced by Honda in 1990 and based on the Honda Accord chassis.

The first Inspire debuted in 1990 as the Accord Inspire, a sister nameplate to the Honda Vigor, then exported to the US as the Acura Vigor. They were the same car headed for different retail channels in Japan. This Vigor was a departure in itself–whereas 1980s Vigors were badge-engineered Accords, from this generation on the Vigor moved upmarket and received its own platform, in which the engine sits longitudinally like the Generation II Acura Legend. In Japan there would be four sedans between the Civic and the Legend: the Honda Accord and Honda Ascot with 4-cylinder engines mounted transversely, and the Vigor and Inspire with 5-cylinder engines mounted longitudinally.

In 1995 the Inspire and Vigor were replaced. The export version was renamed the Acura TL at this point, while the Vigor nameplate was also replaced. The longitudinal engine layout remained, but a 3.2-liter V6 became available for the first time.

In 1999 these cars were replaced by a new TL that was based on the Accord platform, and largely designed and engineered in the US by Honda R&D Americas, Inc. in Raymond, Ohio. Manufactured in the US, these were imported into Japan as the new Inspire and Saber.
Adult classes are offered at your local community college.

~Cheers~
Old 08-25-2007, 01:03 AM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by Go90go
Exactly. 1st gen TL, which is a 3rd gen Inspire, shares nothing but the rear sway bar with any Accord. First and second gen Inspires, however, share plenty more parts, although mainly with the Vigor (because at that point, the Vigor and Inspires were almost identical), and nowhere near as much as the fourth gen Inspire, which is the second gen TL. Here's a quote from your OWN source of info, JoeRockt. Like I said in an earlier post, maybe you should learn to read:

~Cheers~
The Honda Accord Inspire was only until 1994 if i remember correctly... Which was the Acura Vigor here in the US. The Honda Inspire in 1995 dropped all relations with the Accord (Except the rear sway bars as Go90go stated). So, as your link to wikipedia states "This Vigor was a departure in itself–whereas 1980s Vigors were badge-engineered Accords, from this generation on the Vigor moved upmarket and received its own platform.

BTW: I am strictly against any bashing on both parts of this forum. I am ashamed to say that one of our 1st Gen members presented his opinion in a manner where it might have been misunderstood or might have offended someone on the other side of the forum. But I am more ashamed and have lost a bit of respect to see that the other side of the forum was not intelligent enough to correct him in a polite manner but instead insulted him and tried to do the same as he had done in return.

Just a saying that fits right in with this situation would be: Mas pendejo es el que le ase caso a un pendejo...

With that said... and in the words of Rodney King... "Why can't we all just get along?"

Lets squash this and lets talk about how great our cars are and what a great company Honda/Acura is for letting us admire their designs from the Honda Fit all the way to the Accord to the RL's and NSX's etc...

Now with that said...

Here's our favorite bouncy Honda Girl

Old 08-25-2007, 01:41 AM
10th Gear

First, I am a TSX owner, and sort of feel guilty for posting in this thread. I don't want to add fuel to the fire. But I think you are all being ridiculous.

People spend a lot of money on their cars. People have different tastes. People buy what they like. And people on this forum obviously care enough about there cars to spend time talking about them and/or working on them. One of the rules of psychology is the harder you work for something the more perceived value you place in it.

Since we all put so much value in our cars we obviously don't like when people talk crap about them. So don't do it.

Every one has different wants and goals. Every one has a different budget.

DISCLAIMER PERSONAL OPINION:
I would never drive a TL. I think they are great cars, and would recommend any Acura to a friend in a hear beat, but its not what I am looking for in a car. At the Time the TSX had what I wanted. Some refinement, some sport and a price I could afford for a new car, which was important to me. I could not have afforded a TL new, but thats not a bad thing. I am young and consider myself very fortunate to have the vehicle I have at my age.

I don't think the TSX is a perfect car.
I don't think there is such a thing as a perfect car.

I do think the TSX is, right now, the prefect choice for me.

But I think every driver has a right to enjoy their purchase and their car with out slander, or abuse. This site is not about dividing line between models, it is about creating connections between car lovers, regardless of the model.

More specifically I think this community has the right to expect well intentioned threads and adult responses. Any other activity will simply drive away users and create bigger rifts.

But I wont hold my breath.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:07 AM
大日本帝国

Originally Posted by spooky3ce
BTW: I am strictly against any bashing on both parts of this forum. I am ashamed to say that one of our 1st Gen members presented his opinion in a manner where it might have been misunderstood or might have offended someone on the other side of the forum. But I am more ashamed and have lost a bit of respect to see that the other side of the forum was not intelligent enough to correct him in a polite manner but instead insulted him and tried to do the same as he had done in return.

Now with that said...

Here's our favorite bouncy Honda Girl

Haven't seen that one in awhile!

Originally Posted by InTerSX
I'm glad that you have found a car that suits you.

Anyhow, for those of you who didn't know, this whole thing started with the post below. A shameless bash on another vehicle by a TSX guy. No one seems to remember that one, but they remember mine (Click here for my response):

Originally Posted by mltk53
^^
notice the 3 series. c class and the a4 isnt up there. maintance is suck on those cars. hmmm how about a g35? and mkz? thats a lux car? not in my book.
That is what set this off.

~Cheers~
Old 08-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Instructor

First, I am a TSX owner, and sort of feel guilty for posting in this thread. I don't want to add fuel to the fire. But I think you are all being ridiculous.

People spend a lot of money on their cars. People have different tastes. People buy what they like. And people on this forum obviously care enough about there cars to spend time talking about them and/or working on them. One of the rules of psychology is the harder you work for something the more perceived value you place in it.

Since we all put so much value in our cars we obviously don't like when people talk crap about them. So don't do it.

Every one has different wants and goals. Every one has a different budget.

DISCLAIMER PERSONAL OPINION:
I would never drive a TL. I think they are great cars, and would recommend any Acura to a friend in a hear beat, but its not what I am looking for in a car. At the Time the TSX had what I wanted. Some refinement, some sport and a price I could afford for a new car, which was important to me. I could not have afforded a TL new, but thats not a bad thing. I am young and consider myself very fortunate to have the vehicle I have at my age.

I don't think the TSX is a perfect car.
I don't think there is such a thing as a perfect car.

But I think every driver has a right to enjoy their purchase and their car with out slander, or abuse. This site is not about dividing line between models, it is about creating connections between car lovers, regardless of the model.

More specifically I think this community has the right to expect well intentioned threads and adult responses. Any other activity will simply drive away users and create bigger rifts.

But I wont hold my breath.
I don't think anyone here said the TSX was a bad car, in fact, everyone thinks it's a great car. The debate was about whether the TSX qualifies as a luxury car. If anything, there were way more 1st gen TL bashing than anything, so I don't think we're being ridiculous here.

I don't mind this discussion at all, but just keep the insults to a minimum, or none at all. As Ghandi said, an eye for an eye and the world will be blind.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:21 AM
10th Gear

I wasn't trying to defend the tsx, I was just using my own personal example to attempt to illustrate the point that no one should be bashing anyones car. Not to mention personal insults.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:33 PM
大日本帝国

I wasn't trying to defend the tsx, I was just using my own personal example to attempt to illustrate the point that no one should be bashing anyones car. Not to mention personal insults.
That was the point I was originally trying to get across in the other thread. The guy said the Lincoln wasn't a luxury car in his book, and as a retort, I said the TSX wasn't one in mine. Difference is, I gave reasons to back up my claim. I like TSXs, just last night, I complimented my friend's TSX on how nice it sounded leaving a stop sign. Basically, as triggerc has pointed out, we (TL side) never said the TSX was not a good car. However, the TSX side, (wackura, mainly) had specifically said that the 1G is a "compromise of a car", amongst other things. See who's going off on tangents?

~Cheers~