SPORTLINE SPRINGS FOR 2.5 ARE THE SH@t

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2001, 09:41 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking SPORTLINE SPRINGS FOR 2.5 ARE THE SH@t

First I just wanna say how happy I ma that we have our own Forum finally. Finally no more repetitive talk about the new generation TL and the type-S. Great cars but its not mine so I really have no interest.
I have been looking at all the post and theres a lot of talk about springs. Eibach makes a god sent set of springs for the 2.5 but not the 3.2 as we all know. The drop for the 2.5 is considerable and its very very noticable. I got my sportline kit a couple months ago and when they were installed and I drove it for the first time on the beltway, the car walked a different walk per say. I got them put on the week of Hot Import Nights. So they settled good after that road trip.
My driving experience is one word-FUN! If you are thinking about gettin springs for your 2.5 don't be a puss, get the sportline. Getting on and off exit ramps is down right fun at high speed. The car just hugs the pavement. The lower front end by an inch has made breaking better in my case. Lane changes are at time euphoric. You will not believe how stiff and effortless your car will feel when doing such things. Turns are extrmeley percise now. It liske the car is in that direction before you realize it Driving at high speeds now feels safer. Before if you were coasting lets say at 75-80 you hit a bump, and you would right away feel that loose cushy feeling. Now over that same bump, the car will snap you right back into place, then sqaute and accelerate. My friend even claims that acceleration has improved a little.
The final reason to get the springs is for aesthetics. The look is menacing. The stance is very low and is slightly tilted down in the front because of the inch differential in drop from front to rear. This is not the trashy hot rod stance either. Its extrememly slight to the eye, and only really noticable if u stare. And trust me people will be staring. The front wheel well looks huge and there is an attractive over hang in the front and the rear. It looks very good. The bow legged look will also come into affect on the beltway. This is when your wheels turn inward,this translates into GRIP on the pavement fo rthose fast lane changes. I will post pics when I get a cam. Get the sporltine kit, it will change your long legged TL frame from feeling like a long cushy luxo ride into a long legged {BMW like stiff} sport luxo ride.
I will warn you though. At first your car will be surprising you left and right with such a drop . This is especially true when it comes to lane changes. If you are not aware of this you will WRECK even if you think you are a good driver and it will not be pretty.
Take my word, get used to your car first then show off all you want, after you know your cars limits, because at first you will be under the impression that your car has none. Rainy slick roads are to be driven on with extra caution, the sled theory will come into play here.
I was abruptly reminded of this when i took a turn on a sharp exit ramp doin 80 (no rain). The rear end was not with me at all!!, it was a scary feeling. Needles to say front and rear strut bars will hammer out that problem. If anyone gets them let me know.
Old 05-11-2001, 11:13 PM
Pro

think you already posted this somewhere else but you said that you got front struts from http://www.powerteck.com??? did you only get the front or both front and back? Do they have struts for the 96 2.5? Can you tell me approx. how much they are? Thanks alot.

have fun with the sportline! dont kill yourself with that sled thing though

------------------
<A HREF="http://jz983.cjb.net" TARGET=_blank> </A>
Old 05-12-2001, 05:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

hey since you use the sportsline did you have to change your shocks and get camber kits? when you talked about how yoru tires were bowing inward i think that means your camber's off, thus causing premature wear on your tires. People think that you get better grip cause your tires are kinda slanted, but stuff like that only matters if you're actually racing on a track that requires you to do bank turns and stuff. I advise you to get camber kits and maybe change the shocks cause your stock shocks are probably taking a lot of beating. Assuming you haven't changed the shocks since you bought the car, the shocks should be near the end of their life. i totally agree with you on the fact that lowering the car improves handeling. I don't know if strut bars will do that much for our car. It's the sway bars that really matter. strut bars are just there to prevent body from twisting.
Old 05-12-2001, 10:44 PM
Racer

No my camber is not off. I have not had to replace the shocks yet either. When that time comes I will buy Tokico. The bow legged appearance that my car has is not due to any thing being off. Its simply due to the drop of my car and the weight of it driving down the road. I am not at all saying my wheels are slanted inward, its slight. I did not mean to confuse you .
Originally posted by unx979:
hey since you use the sportsline did you have to change your shocks and get camber kits? when you talked about how yoru tires were bowing inward i think that means your camber's off, thus causing premature wear on your tires. People think that you get better grip cause your tires are kinda slanted, but stuff like that only matters if you're actually racing on a track that requires you to do bank turns and stuff. I advise you to get camber kits and maybe change the shocks cause your stock shocks are probably taking a lot of beating. Assuming you haven't changed the shocks since you bought the car, the shocks should be near the end of their life. i totally agree with you on the fact that lowering the car improves handeling. I don't know if strut bars will do that much for our car. It's the sway bars that really matter. strut bars are just there to prevent body from twisting.
Old 05-12-2001, 11:17 PM
Pro

a lot of people have said that if you get the sportline, you should get struts. sways are good and all but they just increase the handling that is already very good. I'd get struts first before getting sways. if i got the sportline.
Old 05-14-2001, 09:23 AM
Burning Brakes

Lucky. Wish I could have gotten the sportline Kit