Rear left tail light replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear left tail light replacement

Hey kiddos, long time no see. I'm sure none of you remember me since I haven't been on in forever.

My dad stole my car last year because it wasn't 'reliable' and I need a new car for college. So he took my 96 3.2 TL-P and gave me a 06 Accord (I4 sedan... lame!).

Anyways, my once beautiful TL is... not so beautiful anymore. Somebody rear ended him in a parking lot and damaged the left tail light and trunk. Not only that, they scraped the rear bumper too and push the car into a post which scraped the front bumper. The overall damage isn't too bad, but a lot of the paint was scaped/chipping off and there's a big dent on the trunk, and the left taillight housing is broken. He loves the car so much (yeah, now he knows why I didn't want to get rid of it) that he's going get the body all fixed up that means trunk, left tail light, and both the bumpers.

It's going to be a pretty big cost but I figured... he did give me a pretty sweet car (it's faster and drivers sportier than the TL). I figured I could replace that left tail light. Acura gave him an estimate of $430 and a local shop said $400.

I looked a past thread and it doesn't sound too hard. It just sounds like removing 4 nuts, disconnecting some wires, taking out the housing, putting a new one in and connecting it. I hope that's all.

Now the question is.. anybody have a left tail light (like the whole thing, I don't need the bulbs though)?

It's for a 96 3.2 TL Premium, I don't know if the ones for the 2.5 model or 97/98 model years will work but if they do, lemme know!
Old 06-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Burning Brakes

all the tails for the first generation 2.5 and 3.2 TL (96-98) will work. like you said, all you do is remove 4 little screws and pull the light out. it's pretty simple. $430 for one tail? that's pretty much rape. why dont you do him a favor and replace his stock tails with the inspire tails? you can get both for almost 1/4 of the price acura wanted and they look a lot better than the stocks.

here's an auction for them for $125 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-61-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 06-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a pair of 97 2.5 TL tail lights sitting in the garage. I just replaced them with JDM ones.
You can have them...for pennies.
Let me know.
Take a look at the one in the car.

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-parts-sale-361/rolex-watch-sale-160278/

Originally Posted by Vincent
Hey kiddos, long time no see. I'm sure none of you remember me since I haven't been on in forever.

My dad stole my car last year because it wasn't 'reliable' and I need a new car for college. So he took my 96 3.2 TL-P and gave me a 06 Accord (I4 sedan... lame!).

Anyways, my once beautiful TL is... not so beautiful anymore. Somebody rear ended him in a parking lot and damaged the left tail light and trunk. Not only that, they scraped the rear bumper too and push the car into a post which scraped the front bumper. The overall damage isn't too bad, but a lot of the paint was scaped/chipping off and there's a big dent on the trunk, and the left taillight housing is broken. He loves the car so much (yeah, now he knows why I didn't want to get rid of it) that he's going get the body all fixed up that means trunk, left tail light, and both the bumpers.

It's going to be a pretty big cost but I figured... he did give me a pretty sweet car (it's faster and drivers sportier than the TL). I figured I could replace that left tail light. Acura gave him an estimate of $430 and a local shop said $400.

I looked a past thread and it doesn't sound too hard. It just sounds like removing 4 nuts, disconnecting some wires, taking out the housing, putting a new one in and connecting it. I hope that's all.

Now the question is.. anybody have a left tail light (like the whole thing, I don't need the bulbs though)?

It's for a 96 3.2 TL Premium, I don't know if the ones for the 2.5 model or 97/98 model years will work but if they do, lemme know!
Old 06-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Racer

You know, I thought about getting the Inspire ones... but he's not a fan of anything that's not stock. When he first took the car, I had the clear bumper lights on the car and he asked me to remove them. I refused saying the car looks so damn sexy with them, he actually paid me $100 to take them off.

Meazz1, can you send me some more information on how much you'd charge for the left tail light (or both if you don't want to separate them) shipped with insurance to 61109?

Otherwise, $125 for Inspire tails sounds pretty good. Maybe I can convince him... I remember back when I had the TL they were going for like $200-250 easily.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Vincent
You know, I thought about getting the Inspire ones... but he's not a fan of anything that's not stock. When he first took the car, I had the clear bumper lights on the car and he asked me to remove them. I refused saying the car looks so damn sexy with them, he actually paid me $100 to take them off.

Meazz1, can you send me some more information on how much you'd charge for the left tail light (or both if you don't want to separate them) shipped with insurance to 61109?

Otherwise, $125 for Inspire tails sounds pretty good. Maybe I can convince him... I remember back when I had the TL they were going for like $200-250 easily.
Check your pm.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:51 PM
TL no more!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey now, the '06 Accords aren't that lame, well, I guess depending on what model. Maybe I'm a little biased because I have an I4 EX-L with all the goodies plus more! hehe...
Old 06-14-2007, 10:11 AM
98 3.2 Flamenco Black

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
JDM Inspires, all the way!