Old 03-13-2002, 01:00 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is what a door sill looks like
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eb...353899&r=0&t=0
Old 03-16-2002, 06:28 PM
Banned

The bitter sweetness of being screwed blind without knowing it...

I’m a long time reader of this forum, but I’ve never bothered registering…because I didn’t think I had anything useful to post…that is until now when I read through the whole trim kit thread. I see that Austin519 is working on door sills and trim through AP Signworks. Now I have a friend who has an Accord with their trim kit, and has their pricing list. So here’s some interesting news for anyone who plans on buying this kit through Tim, and it speaks about Tim as a businessman. I’ve always thought the disallowing of other sites links etc was a bit…well…it made him look like he was scared of competition…but this I guess is the final straw. I hope this gets addressed instead of deleted…and banning me won’t have any effect since I’m dialup and I can just reregister.

According to AP Signworks pricing list…the trim kits you guys are getting should cost $150-$180 wholesale. Interpolating the cost of this to the “door sills” and “shift plates” you guys want to get, I would expect the door sills to cost about $40 and the shift plates to cost no more than $20 or so. I invite you guys to all go look at that thread…Austin519 was talking about everything being at the low end of his estimates…until Tim stepped in, interesting. AP Signworks’ website is www.ap-signworks.com, so go look their number up and ask…I’m sure that’ll be the answer.

So first I want to say, Austin519 shame on you. I can’t believe you allowed Tim to take over and make money off of this deal for all the members. With all the *****ing you seem to do with other members on this site, I would’ve expected you to fight. At the same time…I noticed you lost your moderator status about the time that Tim closed the trim thread…so who knows, maybe you did.

Next, Tim this shows you to be a terrible businessman. Sitting here convincing the members how great it is that you took up the trim thing. I guess the bottom line is that you’re making probably about $95 bucks per trim order, then of course another $35 per door sill order and what…$30 or so per shift plate order? Now Austin519’s last list showed 106 door sill orders, 22 trim orders, and 8 shift plate orders…so doing the math he’s making $6040 on this deal for doing nothing more than lending them a trim kit…and for some reason he’s having the company ship all your orders to him so that he can send them to you? So either he’s just wasting your money by having you be charged twice for shipping…or maybe he’s making money off shipping too (which I assume is the case). So as a summary…by absorbing this little project you guys are doing…he got Austin519 to do all his work for him, then got a $6000 return for suckering you guys in and closing the thread. Interesting.

So, like I said above…this is an awful example of Tim as a businessman. I was going to register on the forum to add my name to the list…but instead I find myself registering to just tell you guys the truth about this deal seemingly gone sour. So the real question becomes…do you trust Tim as a businessman anymore? I know I sure don’t.

Now what do I suggest you guys all do? I suggest you don’t buy this stuff from Tim, who’s making enormous profits of about 50%-100% on this stuff…and instead you all go call up AP Signworks and place an order with them directly. Sorry Austin519, I know you had this all organized as one big groupbuy type thing…but it looks so destroyed by Tim anyway they may as well just order directly from AP Signworks. I’m just sick to my stomach watching this unfold. I guess the guys I’ve heard from about Auto Car Parts are right…he’s only a great guy as long as he’s milking you dry, and personally I don’t care what his customer service is, I’m not going to pay double what I should for some of this stuff…he’d have to hand deliver it to Atlanta for me…and even then it wouldn’t be worth it.

I’ll be calling AP Signworks Monday to place my order for my kit…

Mister Spanky
Old 03-16-2002, 11:31 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hmmm
Old 03-17-2002, 03:50 AM
Three Wheelin'

yeah i know about the price increases. i know that tim has to make a profit cause like all business men, people just gotta make money. But to tell you guys the truth, i'm not gonna buy the sills for 75 bucks when i know i can get them for 50 by the manufacturer.
Old 03-17-2002, 10:20 AM
Racer

Thanks for the info. I was not going to pay more than $55 for the sills anyway. I agree it is good to make profit as a businessman but I dont think we should be ripped off .This whole thing is making me sick:yack:
Old 03-17-2002, 10:23 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Re: The bitter sweetness of being screwed blind without knowing it...

Originally posted by MisterSpanky3
I’m a long time reader of this forum, but I’ve never bothered registering…because I didn’t think I had anything useful to post…that is until now when I read through the whole trim kit thread. I see that Austin519 is working on door sills and trim through AP Signworks. Now I have a friend who has an Accord with their trim kit, and has their pricing list. So here’s some interesting news for anyone who plans on buying this kit through Tim, and it speaks about Tim as a businessman. I’ve always thought the disallowing of other sites links etc was a bit…well…it made him look like he was scared of competition…but this I guess is the final straw. I hope this gets addressed instead of deleted…and banning me won’t have any effect since I’m dialup and I can just reregister.

According to AP Signworks pricing list…the trim kits you guys are getting should cost $150-$180 wholesale. Interpolating the cost of this to the “door sills” and “shift plates” you guys want to get, I would expect the door sills to cost about $40 and the shift plates to cost no more than $20 or so. I invite you guys to all go look at that thread…Austin519 was talking about everything being at the low end of his estimates…until Tim stepped in, interesting. AP Signworks’ website is www.ap-signworks.com, so go look their number up and ask…I’m sure that’ll be the answer.

So first I want to say, Austin519 shame on you. I can’t believe you allowed Tim to take over and make money off of this deal for all the members. With all the *****ing you seem to do with other members on this site, I would’ve expected you to fight. At the same time…I noticed you lost your moderator status about the time that Tim closed the trim thread…so who knows, maybe you did.

Next, Tim this shows you to be a terrible businessman. Sitting here convincing the members how great it is that you took up the trim thing. I guess the bottom line is that you’re making probably about $95 bucks per trim order, then of course another $35 per door sill order and what…$30 or so per shift plate order? Now Austin519’s last list showed 106 door sill orders, 22 trim orders, and 8 shift plate orders…so doing the math he’s making $6040 on this deal for doing nothing more than lending them a trim kit…and for some reason he’s having the company ship all your orders to him so that he can send them to you? So either he’s just wasting your money by having you be charged twice for shipping…or maybe he’s making money off shipping too (which I assume is the case). So as a summary…by absorbing this little project you guys are doing…he got Austin519 to do all his work for him, then got a $6000 return for suckering you guys in and closing the thread. Interesting.

So, like I said above…this is an awful example of Tim as a businessman. I was going to register on the forum to add my name to the list…but instead I find myself registering to just tell you guys the truth about this deal seemingly gone sour. So the real question becomes…do you trust Tim as a businessman anymore? I know I sure don’t.

Now what do I suggest you guys all do? I suggest you don’t buy this stuff from Tim, who’s making enormous profits of about 50%-100% on this stuff…and instead you all go call up AP Signworks and place an order with them directly. Sorry Austin519, I know you had this all organized as one big groupbuy type thing…but it looks so destroyed by Tim anyway they may as well just order directly from AP Signworks. I’m just sick to my stomach watching this unfold. I guess the guys I’ve heard from about Auto Car Parts are right…he’s only a great guy as long as he’s milking you dry, and personally I don’t care what his customer service is, I’m not going to pay double what I should for some of this stuff…he’d have to hand deliver it to Atlanta for me…and even then it wouldn’t be worth it.

Mister Spanky
I think it would have been better off if you didn't register and post this rediculous thread. Tim's prices are by no means 50% more than anywhere else and if you don't see that you better open your eyes. Also a lot of manufacturers don't deal directly with the public and require commerical accounts. If you don't like the price he is selling them for, simple, don't buy it...done! But don't start bashing him when you don't have the complete facts......especially on his own board.

P.S. Don't threaten me about re-registering if I ban your account either....I didn't get to be where I am today by not knowing how to block a dial-up user to a site....even if you are coming through AOL.
Old 03-17-2002, 11:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

Re: Re: The bitter sweetness of being screwed blind without knowing it...

Originally posted by ArN 2000 TL

I think it would have been better off if you didn't register and post this rediculous thread. Tim's prices are by no means 50% more than anywhere else and if you don't see that you better open your eyes. Also a lot of manufacturers don't deal directly with the public and require commerical accounts. If you don't like the price he is selling them for, simple, don't buy it...done! But don't start bashing him when you don't have the complete facts......especially on his own board.

P.S. Don't threaten me about re-registering if I ban your account either....I didn't get to be where I am today by not knowing how to block a dial-up user to a site....even if you are coming through AOL.
basically he he just riped you a new one ... alot of you are crying about the prices of stuff that we can get for our car ie: kits ... tails, $75 is not that bad for door sills , not that im happy about paying 75 but i dont mind i have herd nothing but great things about tim and if i had to buy something from tim i would do so with no problem. i understand that tim has to make money (we all do) i would also like to say that maybe one of the reasons that he dosent want any other sites listed on here is because on the internet it is very hard to be the best price especially when there are companis that can buy ie: 10,000 of one product and pay say $1000 and sell it for $100 under what other people can get it for just because they have alot of it and they can afford to not make as much money as long as they are pusing the product
Old 03-18-2002, 08:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

MisterSpanky3 see my reply to your post
HERE
Old 03-22-2002, 11:32 PM
Retired MOD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The bitter sweetness of being screwed blind without knowing it...

Originally posted by MisterSpanky3

Mister Spanky
This is sick.:yack:

How could you be so stupid. I give you one example:

I could go to acura dealer and ask for a body kit, I have a hook up were I could get 20-30% cheaper. I still can't beat tim's price. The only thing is that I would save on shipping, but tim does not make profit on shipping. In my experience here I never seem Tim make more than 20% on profit, for example the body kit I'm sure he only makes about 5% profit. No only that but then the profit is turn into expenses like this site and autocarparts. How much profit does he really make I'm sure less than 2% if any.
In my opinion this is an example that favors tim, but is real.
Old 03-25-2002, 02:34 PM
Instructor

Ok...

How about an Update?

Breakdown of price, shipping, picutres etc etc ... etc
Old 03-25-2002, 02:39 PM
Ex-Mod

Originally posted by mola
Ok...

How about an Update?

Breakdown of price, shipping, picutres etc etc ... etc
Update? I think this whole thing has gone down the drain, forget an update.
Old 03-26-2002, 02:21 AM
Instructor

I can not disagree at this point.

How about unsticking this post so it rolls off like every other thread since it's a no go.

Mola
Old 03-27-2002, 12:22 PM
Safety Car

NOOO! it cant be! dont give up Hope you guys! where theres a will theres a way!! we have all got to band together and Unite as one!! Im a uniter not a divider! death to Osama!!

mmmmmm. ...sills..
Old 03-27-2002, 12:54 PM
Safety Car

the sills are still in progress...for the later models but not for the 1st gens. we're always being ignored yo.. im tired of it but what can we do?
Old 03-27-2002, 01:28 PM
Safety Car

we can just appeal straight to Tim... anyone who has bought something from his site ask him if he can help us... it may take a little effort but it will be profitable for him and beneficial for us.. sills baby lets get em.
Old 03-27-2002, 11:34 PM
Banned

Since I don't know what I am and am not really allowed to post I'll just say this:

Don't worry guys...I still call Jeff every other day...I'm still going to get the samples and the prototype kit...I still am going to take pictures and I still will keep my promise to get you guys these sills and trim...it's just a LOT more difficult for me now...but it's nothing any of you should worry about. I don't break promises.

Austin519
Old 03-28-2002, 08:04 AM
Safety Car

*wiping tears* thats so nice of you austin. see, this is an example of TL's brotherly love and also what you call "SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY!" lol
Old 03-28-2002, 11:10 AM
Safety Car

Austin you are one mvtherfvckin STAND UP dude!! I love you man
Old 01-27-2004, 06:13 AM
Pro

I got my sills 6-7 months ago... about a year later after this whole thing had started, but i got mine
Old 01-27-2004, 07:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
i still didn't get the fabrication plans for this damn thing... i figure that it is already dead and not ever coming back...
Old 01-27-2004, 08:36 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Did you ever contact them again? I had ordered a set for my 03, btw I think they suck. They don't stick on even with 3M tape.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
yes i contacted him many times a day and i gave up... for this it is not worth my time... if he wanted my business he would have contacted me.. i was ready to spend 155$ cause i wanted custom lettering and chromed finishing...
Old 01-28-2004, 12:16 AM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
At least you didnt pay then. I agree it was really hard to contact him. He would never return voicemails either... better off saving the money.