I hit a deer!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 09:51 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I hit a deer!

Yesterday night three friends of mine were riding in my car. We were going to Chapel Hill. For those who do not know I leave in North Carolina. But anyway I was driving the speed limit around 55mph. Then all of a sudden a deer just popped out of nowhere. There was no way for me to stop otherwise I would have hit another car in the opposite lane. That would have been a head on collision. So I had no choice but to hit the deer. I even slowed down but ya'll should know it was to late.

When I hit the deer, I hit it right smack in the middle of the hood. I saw the deer fly up on across the other lane. While the deer was in the air, another car which was a 1990 Toyota Camry ran right in to it. Being that he was going 55mph the deer went through his windshield hitting his wife in the passenger seat. I stopped the car immediately. My friends got out with me. As we were approaching the car the driver opened his door and threw out the remainings of the deer.

The impact of the car splattered the deer and the insides of the deer where everywhere throughtout the car. To be graphic I saw the heart, stomach, intestines it was really bad. And I do mean bad. It was like somthing off of a movie. The husband and daughter were ok. But the mother was severly injured. From a distance I thought she was dead. She was not moving at all and was covered with the deer insides. It looked like the deer broke had broke her neck. The policed had arrived on the scene quick. The paramedics arrived short after. They had to call in a helicopter to pick her up. When they put here on the stretcher she still was not moving. So I do not know how her condition is.

But as for my car its ok. It is still driveable. The hood is dented, the grille is cracked slightly and the left headlight is cracked a little, but I still have both lights. I'll keep ya'll posted about the her condition. Peace.
Old 04-28-2003, 10:22 AM
Instructor

DAMN!! At least most everyone was ok. I hope that lady pulls through.
Old 04-28-2003, 10:49 AM
Ex-Mod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats sick. I hope she's alright.
Old 04-28-2003, 02:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

oh dang sucks!!! i hit a deer once around a couple years ago coming back home. i wasn't going that fast cause i had a "feeling" that i was about to get hit by something. i guess i was going like 30mph. and out comes nowhere came this deer from the left hand side. it all happens so fast that you can't even react to it. the deer hit the front left fender, went up on the hood, then the windshield, and then slid off. incredibally the deer was unhurt and ran off into the woods. but my front left bumper and fender were messed up. sucks to hear that the deer actually died in your case. gotta admit these things happen so fast, it's incredible. and i thought i was a good driver, but you never expect things like this to happen and you're pretty much powerless too.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:02 PM
Banned

Man that's crazy. I still havent hit an animal yet in my almost 8 years of driving. I feel more bad for the deer than anything. Well that mother that was hurt too, but I love animals. What a ****ty way to die. Glad your ok too man.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:32 PM
Peach Tea

sorry to hear about ur accident
keep us posted on the condition of the mom

in the meantime, watch out for that there them deers:toothless
Old 04-28-2003, 06:09 PM
Intermediate

Wow, that is brutal. Hope everything turns out OK.