hello i just got my 97 lt prem for a steal

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 03:11 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello i just got my 97 lt prem for a steal

Hi I am a new acura owner but long time Honda consumer. But drove my buddies 3.5rl loved it so when I saw this car on my vacation I had to jump on it. It is a white 1997 acura 3.5tl with black leather an wood trim premium seat warmers and mirror warmers power everything and a Pioneer sound system 109k on the car with the great price of $700 out the door. Now the bad that I'm fixing so I can drive back all good.
1. There is a 4in of left right play in steering wheel (but it is easy to turn when you get to the play bumps it also don't shake or has noise when driving or turning the car.) ??
2. The car has the start sensor problems that make take few trust to start car up every now and then.
3. It somethimes idle is to low and stalls when driving a little bit but if you hold brake and have foot holding gas some to keep up idle it is just fine.
3. What is lite rip to back bench seat corner. Small crack in side of driver seat leather. Missing vent on passenger side and vent driver center. The cup holder cover is completely gone. Two of the wheel lugnuts covers on the oem rims. Wood trim on passenger side rear door is cracked by control panel door handle. Three door handle springs are a little worn.
Some minor dings in front fenders like shopping carts do.
Other then tat stuff car runs and drives like a cloud floating down the road. Perfict power and have to keep remembering the speed limits for this car.wants ta run real fast and make you feel like you doing 55 but in reality your doing 100 it runs that smooth.
If an help you can give on my tl please let me know. Tell I can go back to Denver I'm flying around Orlando, fl
Old 06-15-2015, 10:28 AM
7th Gear

well i fixed the idle problem so that is just fine it was a clogged injector.
still have the steering prob and the car is overheating when you stop moving but at speed it cools down. any ideas
Old 06-15-2015, 07:39 PM
5th Gear

Tl

Hey you have any pics of the TL !?
Old 06-17-2015, 10:22 AM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Overheating: Check for fan function, thermostat, how is the antifreeze looking?

To give you a good baseline, I would change out the plugs (NGK ONLY), air filter, fuel filter, transmission fluid (Honda/Acura ONLY), differential fluid, antifreeze (Honda/Acura is best to use)

Check your outer tie rod ends to start and the rest of the front end suspension components.
Old 06-22-2015, 02:20 PM
7th Gear