few questions about distributor and power steering

Old 08-05-2014, 02:22 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
few questions about distributor and power steering

So lately I've been having problems with my power steering and distributor cap. I've put 2 power steering pumps on my car and about a week later starts making noise and suction hose collapses when putting pumps in I fill them with acura fluid and put new suction hose on and bleed the system turnin lock to lock. But both times I've put new ones on make noise a week later I'll take the belt off for a little connect it and all is good. Now for my other problem I recently put a cap and rotor on my car (duralast) crap I didn't see or get a gasket with the cap and was wondering if there even is one I ordered everything (gaskets) from acura for it hopefully helps with my problem but do you guys use anything else? When I took it off there was rtv all around the mating surface and I took all of it off prior to reinstalling but I do hear a ticking noise as if it's arcing out of the cap. When I drive rpm jump and car surges and it has given the random misfire code just trying to find input into all of this any help is much appreciated thank yoh!
Old 08-07-2014, 08:32 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
There is indeed a gasket on the distributor cap to help keep out water, etc. You might have a faulty cap.

Did you check the wires?

One way to check is to grab the wires. If you get a shock...they are no good.

I have also used a spray bottle with water. With car running mist the wires/cap. If it bogs down you know it is no good.

Misfire could be the plugs. Could be the wires/cap/rotor/distributor.

What code did you get?
Old 08-12-2014, 08:03 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It happened to be the wires I was getting p0303 #3 cylinder misfire pulled wire off plug no arc pulled off cap and it was working from there and was getting a light shock on the ignition coil wire. Glad I was able to figure it out all fixed now thank you a lot! I already replaced cap and rotor now just have to fix my other code p0441 forgot what it was for but if any one has any input on where I should look would be much appreciated.