AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1G TL (1996-1998) (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tl-1996-1998-101/)
-   -   A/c not turning off! Climate control not working! Help please (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tl-1996-1998-101/c-not-turning-off-climate-control-not-working-help-please-708120/)

Billu99tl 02-02-2009 12:20 AM

A/c not turning off! Climate control not working! Help please

Hi everyone ,
AS the title says, all of a sudden in my Gf's 96 TL, Climate control stopped working . Ac is constantly on and on the climate control screen numbers are all scrambled and looks liek screen in froze and all the switches are like disabled and not workign at all ! Ac is blowing on full blast and nothign is working at all ! sometime fan is going on on low speed then jumps back to full speed
"No switches are working"

Anyone knows what it could be? i am assuming i might only need to replace A/c Heater control unit i think its bad? or it coupld be something else? from what its acting up , I can feel that the switches are broken as the "temperature numurals" are scrambles and not showing any actual numbers on it

Help please
Thanks a lot

tmnhs81 02-02-2009 12:40 AM

I'd start by checking fuse.

Billu99tl 02-02-2009 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by tmnhs81 (Post 10468165)
I'd start by checking fuse.

IF fuses were bad either A/c wont blow cold as hell or A/c control panel wont turnon at all ..but i dont think cause of Fuses control panel is on but switches are acting crazy and Temp numbers are scrambled

tmnhs81 02-02-2009 12:55 AM

I think AC is ON because of a "safety standard"( If something happens to climate control, it will still work on defogger). If this is it then I am 75% sure you need new climate control unit.<---correct me If I am wrong pls.

KrayzieDxC 02-02-2009 06:31 AM

^ yes you need a new climate control, there no fuse for the climate control

Billu99tl 02-02-2009 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by KrayzieDxC (Post 10468550)
^ yes you need a new climate control, there no fuse for the climate control

ok i found a good condition climate control ! is it Easy to replace?

vas25tl 02-02-2009 03:39 PM

Have you tried disconnecting it and connecting it back up?

main70072 02-02-2009 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by vas25tl (Post 10470225)
Have you tried disconnecting it and connecting it back up?

+1 on disconnecting and reconnecting it. This might reset the unit and clear up the problem. You can also try to remove the radio fuse and putting it back in. I remember when my radio got stolen last year, the fuse was blown out and everytime I turn off the car and start it again, the climate control unit would reset itself and not keep its memory. Also, to know that you are removing the right fuse, the clock will not work when the fuse is out. I forgot which one it was. Either the backup radio fuse or the radio fuse itself...

Also, out car have a self diag mode for the climate control unit. Try searching that up and see if you can get to that mode on the car.

TLin401 02-02-2009 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Billu99tl (Post 10470202)
ok i found a good condition climate control ! is it Easy to replace?

Very easy to replace. It is just a matter of unscrewing it from the "wood grain" and disconnecting the plugs in the back.

Integra_drk 02-02-2009 07:54 PM

I have one for $40

T-LEGG 3 07-15-2018 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Billu99tl (Post 10468107)
Hi everyone ,
AS the title says, all of a sudden in my Gf's 96 TL, Climate control stopped working . Ac is constantly on and on the climate control screen numbers are all scrambled and looks liek screen in froze and all the switches are like disabled and not workign at all ! Ac is blowing on full blast and nothign is working at all ! sometime fan is going on on low speed then jumps back to full speed
"No switches are working"

Anyone knows what it could be? i am assuming i might only need to replace A/c Heater control unit i think its bad? or it coupld be something else? from what its acting up , I can feel that the switches are broken as the "temperature numurals" are scrambles and not showing any actual numbers on it

Help please
Thanks a lot

What did you do to fix this problem cause my 96 Acura TL 3.2 have the same and I mean the same exact problem?