Lamborghini door hing kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 12:02 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Lamborghini door hing kit?

Hey all, iv been looking for a while online for some Lamborghini door hing kits that would work on my 2000 RL. Not sure if their are any but I'm pretty sure if they exist someone on here would be able to tell me! Thanks for reading, all input is appreciated.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:38 AM
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
It seems you are going for

But it will look

Call me a

if you like!

I don't know though, you could probably go somewhere and pay a few thousand dollars to get the doors made like that, but I'm sure there is no kit. The cars were designed to be Acura's flagship, so they targeted people with money, which generally means the older crowd. And on top of that, so few were sold. I hardly see them ever. Except the other day when I saw a first gen, second gen, and third gen RL within like 15 minutes of each other, that was something else. But anyway, a market like that wouldn't be able to survive, they would bleed money like crazy. If you live in a big city, check out some of your custom shops, but be prepared to spend a sh*t load of money!

DONK!

The following users liked this post:
RL-nation (12-28-2013)
Old 12-27-2013, 06:44 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Lamborghini doesnt even have Lamborghini doors any more...

Dont be a ricer
The following 4 users liked this post by justnspace:
HEAVY_RL (12-27-2013), Ken1997TL (12-30-2013), Morrissey25 (12-31-2013), MyNameIsEarl (12-27-2013)
Old 12-27-2013, 11:33 AM
Racer

My God, Justinspace, your forum stats are nuts. Thanked 5,939 Times in 4,260 Posts. Level 9000, activity 100.0%!

What the heck did you do?
justnspace (12-27-2013)
Old 12-27-2013, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by MyNameIsEarl

What the heck did you do?
Ron A loves a handy.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:56 PM
Racer

I feel that this is going somewhere I don't want it to!

Old 12-28-2013, 11:11 AM
Intermediate

Lol door hings make something "ricer"? It's an attention grabber. Not often you see cars other then lambos have those doors so people are deffinatly going to be interested. And it's not effecting the over all look of the car until the door is open, so I don't see how you consider that "ricer." Putting a huge fart can on it with fake hood vents and a spoiler is ricey.
Beatindastreets (02-26-2014)
Old 12-28-2013, 11:24 AM

^you mod your car the way you want to.

just dont be surprised when people start to call you a ricer.

psst! can you even find a lambo door kit for the 1st gen? LOLOLOLOLOLL
(should give you a hint on how many people are RUSHING to do this)

*hint* 0
Old 12-28-2013, 11:32 AM
Intermediate

Probably not, iv taken a look and haven't been able to. Kind of what my originally post says, and that's why I came here to ask. Cause I know if any one knew of any, or something that would work, would most likely be on here. I'm sure no ones going to start calling a door kit "ricey" cause it's in no way trying to make the vehicle "look fast." But thanks for your input though, much appreciated.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:35 AM

the word "rice" has evolved and no longer entails vehicles "looking" fast.

you can be a ricer by adding dumb parts to any car.
the lambo door kit does not add anything of value to your 1g RL, thus, you are a ricer!
Old 12-28-2013, 11:37 AM

keep the 1st Gen RL clean by restoring it back with original parts.

I will drool ALL DAY over a clean RL.

and if I saw an RL with lambo doors, i'd be talking shit just like Im doing now.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:40 AM

Old 12-28-2013, 11:41 AM
Intermediate

Lol rims don't add much of a value either (Other then look) and that's exactly why I wanted the door kit, for look. Guess every body that doesn't have oem rims are ricers as well :/ shitty.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:42 AM

Restore a legend.
Dont destroy one

Originally Posted by HockeyMan0920
Howdy Folks,

So I had been daily driving my SS Cobalt for quite some time now, recently cammed it, built the top end, and converted to e85. It's really fun to drive, but not really a practical DD anymore since gas mileage on E is awful and having to strategically plan fuel-ups isn't too fun.

So back on December 21st of 2012, I went and picked up this beast. It's a 1994 LS in Milano Red.

Drove from DFW to Kansas City to pick her up, round trip was 1100 miles.

Interior was in such great shape!

In the shop getting ready for her makeover. She was quite rusty on both rear fenders, and the front fenders were god awful and needed to be replaced.

Still have a ways to go on her, but here is how she is sitting at the moment.

Hope you enjoyed the transition! In about 15K miles from now, she will be getting a hybrid 3.5RL (C35A) motor swap. Should be quite fun with the 6MT gearbox.

-Blake
Old 12-28-2013, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by RL-nation
Lol rims don't add much of a value either (Other then look) and that's exactly why I wanted the door kit, for look. Guess every body that doesn't have oem rims are ricers as well :/ shitty.
you do know that rims are a straight swap, while adding a hinge involves more work and possibly destroying the car right, by hacking up the original doors and door sills.

and yes, people with UGLY ASS TASTE in rims are ricers...because they could spend a little more time to research the right rim for the right car.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:51 AM
Intermediate

Yes I do know rims are a straight swap. And they don't all need modifications to the door and door sill. But in most cases your right they do, but I'm not understanding how a door kit makes a car ricey. For the 5 maybe 10 seconds the door is open is the only time you can see it. Now if I added a spoiler, exhaust, under glow, carbon wrapped my hood and stuck fake vents in it then I'd deffinetly be expecting to be called a ricer. But the door kit is only noticeable for a few seconds. And I don't want to do anything performance wise to it cause it's built for comfort not speed.

Last edited by RL-nation; 12-28-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:54 AM

Yes I do know rims are a straight swap. And they don't all need modifications to the door and door sill. But in most cases your right they do, but I'm not understanding how a door kit makes a car ricey. For the 5 maybe 10 seconds the door is open is the only time you can see it. Now if I added a spoiler, exhaust, under glow, carbon wrapped my hood and stuck fake vents in it then I'd deffinetly be expecting to be called a ricer. But the door kit is only noticeable for a few seconds.
okay, lets drop the word "ricer"

and instead use the word "dumb"

the lambo doors are DUMB!
again, its your car and you can mod it however you would like....

but you arent going to get approval from us here, as we like the Legends beautiful and un-molested.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:57 AM
Intermediate

Fair enough. "Dumb" may be a better fit for that, and I too like the "un-molested" look which is why I was going for the door kit cause it doesn't change the overall look of the car. (Until the door is open that is)
justnspace (12-28-2013)
Old 12-28-2013, 12:02 PM
Racer

Yes I do know rims are a straight swap. And they don't all need modifications to the door and door sill. But in most cases your right they do, but I'm not understanding how a door kit makes a car ricey. For the 5 maybe 10 seconds the door is open is the only time you can see it. Now if I added a spoiler, exhaust, under glow, carbon wrapped my hood and stuck fake vents in it then I'd deffinetly be expecting to be called a ricer. But the door kit is only noticeable for a few seconds. And I don't want to do anything performance wise to it cause it's built for comfort not speed.
RL-nation, you are arguing that since the doors are open only for a few seconds that it doesn't make it "ricer," I just like to use the words tacky, cheap, or ghetto. Anyway, if you are so concerned about people not seeing them to the fact that you would rather have people assume they are regular doors when they are closed then what is the point? Doors like that are attention grabbers, all they do is say, "Hey! Look at me and my donk car!" Don't get me wrong, it's YOUR car, YOUR money, and YOUR modifications; the bottom line is that you can do whatever you want. But, something to consider is that if you are getting a negative reaction from people on an Acura RL forum, how do you expect other's to react? I am with Justin on this one.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:04 PM
Racer

Oh, and Justin, I totally know that legend in the dealership. That's the Acura of Tempe dealership in Arizona. I go there when I'm at school to get my car worked on. The story behind that car is this. It only ever had one owner and that individual took it over 500,000 miles on the original power train. It was his baby. So what they did at the dealership was, they detailed everything about the car and put it back in showroom condition, although it was in pretty good shape to start with, too. Then they had it placed in the showroom for a week. After that, the dealership owners gave him a brand new ILX. Doesn't that just warm your heart?
Old 12-28-2013, 12:11 PM
Racer

Oh and that signature on the dash board, if I remember correctly, is the signature of Acura's current president. The dealership got the car shipped to him so he could sign it!
Old 12-28-2013, 12:12 PM
Intermediate

RL-nation, you are arguing that since the doors are open only for a few seconds that it doesn't make it "ricer," I just like to use the words tacky, cheap, or ghetto. Anyway, if you are so concerned about people not seeing them to the fact that you would rather have people assume they are regular doors when they are closed then what is the point? Doors like that are attention grabbers, all they do is say, "Hey! Look at me and my donk car!" Don't get me wrong, it's YOUR car, YOUR money, and YOUR modifications; the bottom line is that you can do whatever you want. But, something to consider is that if you are getting a negative reaction from people on an Acura RL forum, how do you expect other's to react? I am with Justin on this one.

I hope you read all the posts between Justin and I before posting. And it's funny how all of a sudden I get a negative reaction to one post cause I want to change my door hing? Iv seem waaaaay more ricey things on this form done to cars and people complementing it. And as far as "not being ricey cause the door is closed" goes, you must have miss understood, never said cause the door is closed it isn't ricey lol. And I believe it was you I was having the conversation with about swapping my non nav into a nav because I want to keep it as originally looking as possible without effecting the over all look of the car too drastically, which is why I wanted the door kit cause when the door is closed, you can see it, you don't know it's there. And performance wise I don't want to touch a thing cause it's not ment to go fast, it's a luxury car. So other then subtle things to change the car a bit and not ruin the overall look of it, there's not much els you can do to them. Performance or looks.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:18 PM
Racer

I did read all the posts before. But, I'll say this and then be done with arguing, because there is no point anymore. In my opinion, vertical doors are a very drastic mod. It would be hard to get away with it for our cars because they do not have a sporty body type. This is why Lamborghinis and comparable cars can get away with it, because it looks better on them. If you ever finish it, and you like it, then enjoy it.
RL-nation (12-28-2013)
Old 12-28-2013, 12:26 PM
Intermediate

Now that you say we don't have the sporty body style so it may look stupid. I see where your coming from and now that I think of it, probably would look stupid on a square looking door. But all my original post was for is to see if I could find any xD if I was actually guna do it or not, still wasn't sure. But thanks for your input guys.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
OP... rice doesnt really have a description and it is really in the eye of the beholder. I agree with Justin, I would not do gull wing doors on anything that didnt come with them stock. It is just a mod that screams rice but again that is in the eye of the beholder.
I say, halo headlights on a NON BMW is rice.
Modding the exhaust for anything other than performance.. i.e. muffler deletes and chrome tips.
Painted oem brake calipers.
Tow hooks on non race cars.
Limo tint in the front.
Colored headlights/fogs.

List goes on and on. Whatever is not "tasteful" in someones opinion can be considered rice.

Even nothing but stock parts can be overdone and look ricey.

All oem parts that people will pay an arm and a leg for. One or two on the same civic looks great. All of them on one, rice as fuck. OEM Rice at that.

In the end OP, do what you like. If you think lambi doors will look good on an RL than go for it. But sometimes, there are reasons it hasnt been done before.
The following 2 users liked this post by usdmJON:
justnspace (12-28-2013), RL-nation (12-28-2013)
Old 12-28-2013, 01:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts

Some inspiration for ya man.
The following 2 users liked this post by usdmJON:
justnspace (12-28-2013), RL-nation (12-28-2013)
Old 12-28-2013, 02:11 PM

Oh, and Justin, I totally know that legend in the dealership. That's the Acura of Tempe dealership in Arizona. I go there when I'm at school to get my car worked on. The story behind that car is this. It only ever had one owner and that individual took it over 500,000 miles on the original power train. It was his baby. So what they did at the dealership was, they detailed everything about the car and put it back in showroom condition, although it was in pretty good shape to start with, too. Then they had it placed in the showroom for a week. After that, the dealership owners gave him a brand new ILX. Doesn't that just warm your heart?
He's actually a member and a mod on our very own acurazine forum!!!!

4cruizin!!
Old 12-28-2013, 02:12 PM

btw, USDMJON,

I love you.

some of the VIP legends are a little bit tacky...but if i could take some parts from all those 3 that you posted and combine them together, it would make a very sexy Legend.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:25 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by usdmJON

Some inspiration for ya man.
At the moment mine looks like the too two I love a couple of the things on the bottom picture except I think the rim style is a little extreme. But almost everything els besides little things it's absolutely gorgeous
justnspace (12-28-2013)
Old 12-28-2013, 03:05 PM
Racer

Why do people put those window visor things on cars? Or nose masks at that. YUCK
Old 12-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Intermediate

Ya I'm not fond of the wind visors either xD
Old 12-30-2013, 10:51 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,328 Likes on 1,308 Posts
Please for the love of all that is holy, don't do this to your car.

- A former RL owner
The following 2 users liked this post by Ken1997TL:
justnspace (12-30-2013), MyNameIsEarl (12-30-2013)
Old 12-31-2013, 05:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts
lol

Im going to answer his question. First of all there are no bolt on kits. If you really want to get this done look in the back of lowrider or donk magazines or search the web. There are universal kits, but will take a lot of metal fabrication to work correctly. We're talking about 1k plus and the cost of the hinges.

Im going to go against the grain here and say they do look nice..... on strictly over the top show cars. Anything on the street is just not going to look right.

Oh and I thought about this back when they first came out (for my accord) until I saw how much problems had getting in and out and how wavy the doors were in the wind. You might want to think about that as well.
RL-nation (12-31-2013)
Old 12-31-2013, 07:39 PM
Intermediate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH
lol

Im going to answer his question. First of all there are no bolt on kits. If you really want to get this done look in the back of lowrider or donk magazines or search the web. There are universal kits, but will take a lot of metal fabrication to work correctly. We're talking about 1k plus and the cost of the hinges.

Im going to go against the grain here and say they do look nice..... on strictly over the top show cars. Anything on the street is just not going to look right.

Oh and I thought about this back when they first came out (for my accord) until I saw how much problems had getting in and out and how wavy the doors were in the wind. You might want to think about that as well.
Thanks for your input old_old. I have decided not to get them.