HID Bulb Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 01:37 PM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HID Bulb Replacement

Hello everyone,

I had my brother come and help me change the bulb for my 03' RL and the retention spring/ring popped off because we were not expecting it and for the life of us could not find it anywhere. My guess is it landed in a compartment somewhere and could not be found. So I did not replace the bulb because that spring holds it in place and it has been two weeks so it has surely fallen out somewhere by now. Having called parts stores and salvage yards, the best option I have found is replacing the headlight which is more than I wanted to pay but live and learn. Anyone have any less expensive options before I pay for that. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:14 PM

Received 612 Likes on 490 Posts
Maybe the dealer sells the retaining piece alone? I'd look at the parts diagrams of an oe parts vendor. Might save you a pretty penny if it comes separately
The following users liked this post:
chriso (08-21-2017)
Old 08-21-2017, 02:50 PM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by projektvertx
Maybe the dealer sells the retaining piece alone? I'd look at the parts diagrams of an oe parts vendor. Might save you a pretty penny if it comes separately
No they, in fact it's not even shown on the assembly diagram. I ended up buying a 98' head light from a salvage yard and it had the clip in that fit for my 03. So if you know anyone who needs an ignitor or ballast, I can sell either or both.