Evaporator and expansion valve, diy info?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 10:56 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evaporator and expansion valve, diy info?

I have been searching over and over on how to change the expansion valve and evaporator core on a 2003 rl. The most I can find is the entire case, or individual parts for sale. I need to find a how to DIY instructions, a video ,something, but aint finding jack! If i can save the 3.5 hours labor charge, I would rather do it myself.

Do I have to pull out the dash, or can I just clear the glove box area? is there a short cut? Is it a similar procedure as in the accord and civic? Should I change out the heater core, while I am at the location?

It is a pity I cant find a how to. I hope I dont have to pull the dash. I would rather pull out a seat and some carpeting. I hope to keep the RL until 400,000+ miles.

any one out there know what is involved?
Old 07-07-2017, 02:04 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hate answering my post, but it looks like it is in two units, one for heater core and one for evaporator core and fan. It looks like it can be pulled in one section, from under the glove box. This is why I got 2 very different prices for the job.

Did not have to do this job, thank god. I just needed a evac and recharge to fix my AC problem.