Cruise, Volume & horn

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 08:21 PM
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise, Volume & horn

Recently the rack & pinion was replaced on a 1998 rl and I've had trouble now with; the horn, cruise control and radio volume/change not working? When I drove home everything seemed fine, but when I was maneuvering to park, when I attempted a left turn the steering bound up with something. Unfortunately I forced it all the way and now those items don't work. Also the power column won't go all the way down, up seems to work ok. Lastly, the SRS is lit up in Red and all fuses are still live....
Any help on suggestions of what I may have damaged?
A link on how to fix?
I really would appreciate any assistance! I'm new to this and not sure I've come to the correct area to post my questions, I apologize for my questions if this is not the right location....
Old 01-21-2016, 11:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by Latierra112
Recently the rack & pinion was replaced on a 1998 rl and I've had trouble now with; the horn, cruise control and radio volume/change not working? When I drove home everything seemed fine, but when I was maneuvering to park, when I attempted a left turn the steering bound up with something. Unfortunately I forced it all the way and now those items don't work. Also the power column won't go all the way down, up seems to work ok. Lastly, the SRS is lit up in Red and all fuses are still live....
Any help on suggestions of what I may have damaged?
A link on how to fix?
I really would appreciate any assistance! I'm new to this and not sure I've come to the correct area to post my questions, I apologize for my questions if this is not the right location....
Sounds like the clock spring. They probably let the steering wheel rotate while the rack was off and installed the new rack that way.

Id take it back to the mechanic that did the job. It's their fault probably.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:40 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitely bring it back.

Sounds like the connections for those accessories got caught on the steering column somewhere and you yanked the wires out.