Audio System (YOU NEED TO KNOW)

Old 05-25-2019, 10:57 PM
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audio System (YOU NEED TO KNOW)

Hey Guys,

So I bought an 2000 RL about 2 months ago and have been going through the motions of getting it ready for the summer. I did everything I wanted to mechanically, and moved on to the sound system.

Originally the car came with the standard Bose Sound System, I searched relentlessly to figure out way to bypass it, but with no luck I looked into in line converters.

I stumbled upon an old forum post about PAC converters and found one that actually worked!

Link -
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F223164085758

Basically this eliminates all those pops and cracks that tend to happen to our radios once we install aftermarket HU’s or speakers.

My current set up is Sony’s all the way around with a Sony Single Din - which i will be replacing with a DD soon. ( I just wanted to see if it would work first ).

Since, I figured all this out ( and it worked ) I went into the next part of running in the 0g power wire for the system.

THERE IS NO ACCESS THROUGH THE FIREWALL.
I searched high and low couldn’t find one thing that worked, so I kept looking and noticed that the main wire harness runs through the driver foot well so I removed the driver fender and BOOM grommet access.
Now, it may be a lot of work getting it through, but the knowledge that it will be in a safe place and not having to run it underneath the car ( my plan b ) was awesome.

I’ll link pictures below.

I haven’t finished it just yet because I figured fenders off start doing HID fog conversions and all led blinkers, but that’s tomorrow’s plan.

when the system is completed i’ll update on where i grounded and all that good stuff. Hopefully this helps you guys!!