Utah Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 09:35 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Utah Dealers

Now that I have my 2010, I need to select a dealer for service and would also like any recommendations
for independent shops. Hopefully all I will need is routine maintenance and to have the body side molding put on and a roof rack (body shop for these?) and...

Thanks
Old 07-31-2017, 10:48 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,176 Posts
Depends on your location to shops and how much time and money you want to spends. I live in ABQ and split maint between multiple service shops and home:
- Discount tires: new tires, rotations, balance, road hazard (lifetime with tire purchase)
- Firestone: alignments (lifetime), minor suspension work
- Interstate battery: testing and battery replacement
- Local repair shop: Hondata ECU reflash, ETS intercooler install, suspension work like new shock/struts for RDX, brakes, alternator, power steering pump
- Acura Dealership: warranty work, A/B services, sometimes to diagnose an issue and I take somewhere else to fix a lot cheaper, installation of OEM accessories (roof rack, side steps, MDX hitch with harness, RDX front spoiler,)
- Home: air and cabin filter, wiper blades, replaced broken sun visor, upgrade HIDs to OSRAM, replace cabin lights to LED, check PSI, install of rear hitch with 4-way harness for RDX
- Local upholstery shop to fix RDX torn center arm rest.
- Walmart/eBay/Amazon: purchase engine oil from Walmart, stuff like spark plugs from Amazon, and new or used engine parts from eBay to take to local shop or Dealership

An Acura or Honda dealership can do majority of the above; but, it would cost me a lot more money at the dealership if I did everything there between 3 vehicles.
Old 07-31-2017, 11:03 AM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,236 Likes on 1,023 Posts
I believe OP is looking for actual dealership or indie shop names.
Old 07-31-2017, 11:53 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,176 Posts
Utah is a pretty big state with most folks concentrated in the Ogden to Provo area (a few more in from north of Ogden to Logan). It would be hard for a local person to recommend one-few shop between the 125 miles between Logan to Provo depending on where the OP lives. The OP might have to mix/match the RDX service if time and distance are an issue.