Some new RDX competition...

Old 01-24-2005, 04:04 PM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not so sure this mazda suv will be like the tsx versus mazda6. Mazda interiors have only been getting better and better rather than remaining the same. The mazda6 may have its issues compared to the tsx, but the mazda 3 shows they aren't just sitting back and that they can make a class leading interior. I'd expect the same from future mazdas. The exterior styling is right on point.

As far as RDX size, I wouldn't expect it to be too large considering it has to fall under the mdx and share the new truck platform with the crv.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:34 PM
Safety Car

The honda press release also listed the length at 181inches which is the same as the current crv. "At 181.5 inches long, the RD-X fits squarely in the small SUV segment. Its chiseled exterior styling provides both excellent visibility for driving in city traffic or on twisty mountain roads."
Old 01-24-2005, 07:52 PM
Intermediate

Exclamation

Originally Posted by heyitsme
The honda press release also listed the length at 181inches which is the same as the current crv. "At 181.5 inches long, the RD-X fits squarely in the small SUV segment. Its chiseled exterior styling provides both excellent visibility for driving in city traffic or on twisty mountain roads."
I was in motown and saw the RDX in person. It is very similar size wise to the CRV. The roof line seemed lower and with larger/wider tires it has a nice stance. Kinda like the Murano.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:06 PM
Racer

Audi to enter the field of RDX competitors

Autoweek reporting that an A4 derived SUV will enter the US market. Audi apparently catching on to the rising demand. No date but it will follow the March 2006 debut of the Q7 a larger MDX competitor.

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101700
Old 02-01-2005, 06:48 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by 98AccordEx
Autoweek reporting that an A4 derived SUV will enter the US market. Audi apparently catching on to the rising demand. No date but it will follow the March 2006 debut of the Q7 a larger MDX competitor.

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101700
MB is also considering a smaller version of the M-class, tentatively called the MLK.

The Mazda model I'd think is more competition for the RAV4, CR-V, Escape, etc. market. I'd guess the competition for the RDX would be the MLK (if it's made), X3, Q5 (Audi), and Freelander.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:42 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by Incendiary
MB is also considering a smaller version of the M-class, tentatively called the MLK.
Milk for short...
Old 02-01-2005, 11:53 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by phile
Milk for short...
I think the reason it's tentative is because they're not sure about the name MLK in the US, what with its association with a rather famous civil rights leader. I'm guessing we probably will never see a Mercedes-Benz JFK either, then.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:23 AM
TMQ
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The MB B class actually doesn't look that bad. TCC is a respectable website. If the dimensions are similar to the CR-V and priced under $30K, I bet a lot of people will go for it. As for ground clearance, it doesn't matter, even for going to the trailheads in the Northwest mountains. I'm sure my in-laws will be impressed to see a MB in my garage vs. an Acura. Of course, who knows how it drives, and reliability/maintenance issues.

As for the Mazda, yeah it looks like the RDX. Although to me the RDX exterior is a lot better, especially the front.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:14 AM
Racer

Seems the Mercedes B will not debut so quickly. I still don't think it's competition for the RDX but thought you might be interested. Look for Canadian reviews though as they will get it.

B-Class Delayed Over Dollar

The compact crossover B-Class wagon from Mercedes-Benz won't arrive in 2005 as had been planned. Reuters reports that the vehicle, which had been scheduled for a U.S. launch later this year, is being held back as Mercedes holds out the hopes that the weak U.S. dollar will right itself and stop cutting into its profits. While the U.S. will be off the radar for a while longer, though, Canada and Mexico will receive the new five-door, which is based on the A-Class.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/inde...&sid=173&n=156
Old 02-10-2005, 03:46 PM
Peace, Love & Acura

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The RDX is an amazing looking car, though I am underwhelmed by the space-age looking interior. Can't they make it more like the MDX or RL inside? Many years ago, I had a CIVIC wagovan. I loved it. It even had enough ground clearance to go on some of the old fire roads around Crested Butt, CO. I made the same trip in a CRV, a little underpowered. I would imagine the RDX could be modified with better, higher or adjustable suspension. I think it would make a camping trip vehicle. No crazy rock-climbing like the MDX but still could be fun.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ajtcl
The RDX is an amazing looking car, though I am underwhelmed by the space-age looking interior. Can't they make it more like the MDX or RL inside? Many years ago, I had a CIVIC wagovan. I loved it. It even had enough ground clearance to go on some of the old fire roads around Crested Butt, CO. I made the same trip in a CRV, a little underpowered. I would imagine the RDX could be modified with better, higher or adjustable suspension. I think it would make a camping trip vehicle. No crazy rock-climbing like the MDX but still could be fun.
I have a feeling the interior will look a little more like the TSX or TL interior when the production version finally show's its face.

"crazy rock-climing like the MDX"? Actually, the MDX isn't all that great at offroading (partly because it doesn't have low 4wd gearing)
Old 02-11-2005, 08:06 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by AcuraFan
I have a feeling the interior will look a little more like the TSX or TL interior when the production version finally show's its face.

"crazy rock-climing like the MDX"? Actually, the MDX isn't all that great at offroading (partly because it doesn't have low 4wd gearing)
I doubt it, honda has shown they know the difference between car and truck/suv with the pilot/newtruckything/mdx etc. The interior is up for guess just like the exterior was. Think the tsx and tl were designed a like and then the idea was killed off for a more independent school of design. I would expect the rdx interior to be as different as that honda truckthing that I can't remember the name of.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by heyitsme
I doubt it, honda has shown they know the difference between car and truck/suv with the pilot/newtruckything/mdx etc. The interior is up for guess just like the exterior was. Think the tsx and tl were designed a like and then the idea was killed off for a more independent school of design. I would expect the rdx interior to be as different as that honda truckthing that I can't remember the name of.
Ridgeline...

And surprisingly enough, it's geeting really good reviews.