Sold '07-Bought '08. First impressions

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 06:06 PM
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sold '07-Bought '08. First impressions

Well, I did it. After complaining about the enhancements/changes to the 2008 base RDX (I even wrote a letter to Dick Colliver and got an answer) my dealer got me out of my 07 RDX base and into a new 08 base. The 07 was mint and only had 3,600 miles on it and they gave me a good price. The car was pre-sold and I was able to use a little equity to get an even lower payment.
Now, for the changes we know about:
Love the Bluetooth, Love the auto-dimming mirror, Love the MID display and Love the memory seats. Those are givens.
Now, for the changes that Acura hasn't told us about. And, I can honestly say:
Yes, the suspension has changed. It's been softened slightly to soak up the bumps a little less jarringly. But I think I like the stiffer suspension on the 07 though; more sporty. Maybe I'll run with 1-2+ psi in the tires.
Also, power steering assist has been increased giving a lighter feel to the steering wheel and reducing feedback a bit. Not terrible though.
All in all, really like the added new features and can live (quite happily) with the other changes.
Overall, love my new RDX (who wouldn't) and long live SH-AWD and the RDX!
Old 09-25-2007, 06:47 PM
Diggin' the RDX!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sweet, that is a gutsy move. I'm jealous, I've got no auto-dimmer in my '07 Tech...and you've got it in your base '08! Dang! Rock on.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:57 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VodkaLemon
Well, I did it. After complaining about the enhancements/changes to the 2008 base RDX (I even wrote a letter to Dick Colliver and got an answer) my dealer got me out of my 07 RDX base and into a new 08 base. The 07 was mint and only had 3,600 miles on it and they gave me a good price. The car was pre-sold and I was able to use a little equity to get an even lower payment.
Now, for the changes we know about:
Love the Bluetooth, Love the auto-dimming mirror, Love the MID display and Love the memory seats. Those are givens.
Now, for the changes that Acura hasn't told us about. And, I can honestly say:
Yes, the suspension has changed. It's been softened slightly to soak up the bumps a little less jarringly. But I think I like the stiffer suspension on the 07 though; more sporty. Maybe I'll run with 1-2+ psi in the tires.
Also, power steering assist has been increased giving a lighter feel to the steering wheel and reducing feedback a bit. Not terrible though.
All in all, really like the added new features and can live (quite happily) with the other changes.
Overall, love my new RDX (who wouldn't) and long live SH-AWD and the RDX!
My short list of issues with the 2008.

1) Steering way too light

2) Gas pedal way too sensitive - hard to keep off the boost

3) Windshield seems as though its been sandblasted. Only 400 miles. I notice it when the sun is low.

4) I can't keep the range indicator in view once car is turned off - is there a trick?

Now I know you can't compare the following cars with the RDX (apple vs apple) but these are the ones I was seriously considered before getting the Acura:

Lexus IS 250 and 350 and the Infiniti G35 - they all sucked, too expensive and no where near as fun to drive as the RDX.

J