Rhino-Rack RTC-Style Roof Rack Tracks - Channel Mount

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 06:55 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rhino-Rack RTC-Style Roof Rack Tracks - Channel Mount

Has anyone installed this or anything similar using the factory holes ? I have read a ton of threads and people seem to complain about the acura roof rails and I'm looking for an alternative that will look better then the clamp on roof rack options.

http://www.etrailer.com/Roof-Rack/Rhino-Rack/RTC14.html
Old 06-05-2015, 01:00 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just installed the Rhino rack clamp on style. I like the fact that I can take it off when I am not using it to give me better gas mileage. It also locks and I think looks good when it is on. I have a kayak rack that is bolted to the Rhino Rack and then I lower the whole assembly onto the car. About ten minutes.
Mike
Old 06-05-2015, 09:42 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Makordx
I just installed the Rhino rack clamp on style. I like the fact that I can take it off when I am not using it to give me better gas mileage. It also locks and I think looks good when it is on. I have a kayak rack that is bolted to the Rhino Rack and then I lower the whole assembly onto the car. About ten minutes.
Mike
Thanks for your feedback. Upload a pic if you have one available.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:33 AM
Cruisin'

Next time I take it out I will take a Photo.
Mike
The following users liked this post:
geoff.alan (06-07-2015)
Old 06-12-2015, 01:07 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by geoff.alan
Has anyone installed this or anything similar using the factory holes ? I have read a ton of threads and people seem to complain about the acura roof rails and I'm looking for an alternative that will look better then the clamp on roof rack options.

Rhino-Rack RTC-Style Roof Rack Tracks - Channel Mount - 55" Long - Qty 2 Rhino Rack Roof Rack RTC14
Can you confirm the year/model/trim level of your Acura? Rhino Rack may have something that could work for you listed on their website that E-trailer doesn't have.

Hitchweb is in the U.S if that's where you are located that sell their product also. If you reach out to them, I'm sure they can find you something as they did for me: Rhino Rack Roof Rack
Old 07-26-2015, 09:36 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Sweetsally
Can you confirm the year/model/trim level of your Acura? Rhino Rack may have something that could work for you listed on their website that E-trailer doesn't have.

Hitchweb is in the U.S if that's where you are located that sell their product also. If you reach out to them, I'm sure they can find you something as they did for me: Rhino Rack Roof Rack
Its a 2008 RDX non-Tech.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:17 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by geoff.alan
Its a 2008 RDX non-Tech.
I know this thread is a little old now but I was wondering if you had picked a rack. I'm looking into one myself for my 2012 non-tech and I definitely think the removable that Makordx mention is cool but I really don't like those clips. I wonder if those channel mounts have removable feet. Anyways, let me know what you went with. Thanks
Old 10-17-2015, 11:50 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by FC2012RDX
I know this thread is a little old now but I was wondering if you had picked a rack. I'm looking into one myself for my 2012 non-tech and I definitely think the removable that Makordx mention is cool but I really don't like those clips. I wonder if those channel mounts have removable feet. Anyways, let me know what you went with. Thanks
I still have not made a decision yet. Been using a trailer hitch rack for the bikes since it was the easiest and least expensive option but I would still like a roof rack if I can come across any reasonable options.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:12 AM
Cruisin'

I made a rack to hold the kayak onto the Rhino Rack. When I want to put the kayak(2 person, 85lbs)on the RDX, the kayak, sub rack and Rhino Rack are all one assembly that I lower from the ceiling. On my Vehicross the sub rack and and kayak were lowered down on the factory cross bars, worked great. The current system on the RDX is convenient but I notice that the rack is putting small scratches in the paint above the door. If I were just putting the Rhino Racks on themselves, this would not be a problem.
Mike
Old 10-22-2015, 08:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts
Originally Posted by Makordx
I made a rack to hold the kayak onto the Rhino Rack. When I want to put the kayak(2 person, 85lbs)on the RDX, the kayak, sub rack and Rhino Rack are all one assembly that I lower from the ceiling. On my Vehicross the sub rack and and kayak were lowered down on the factory cross bars, worked great. The current system on the RDX is convenient but I notice that the rack is putting small scratches in the paint above the door. If I were just putting the Rhino Racks on themselves, this would not be a problem.
Mike
Off topic here, but I love the vehicross, such a unique and cool looking little thing.
The following users liked this post:
Makordx (10-24-2015)