RDX Service Manual

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 04:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
RDX Service Manual

I got my RDX service manual in the mail today. Wow what a book! To say it is phone book sized would make it sound smaller than it really is I think. I almost have trouble picking it up with one hand. If anyone needs any info from it, let me know... It looks to cover everything you can imagine. Except of course all those features that aren't there that we would like....
Old 10-24-2006, 05:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How much did you pay for it?

Mike
Old 10-24-2006, 05:32 PM
Loud Howard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice...might have been useful for the service tech that worked on my ride. He didn't have any wiring diagrams for the seat heaters. Noticed the high setting on my passenger side wasn't working so he had to trace the wires back by eye.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by NemoUmbra
Nice...might have been useful for the service tech that worked on my ride. He didn't have any wiring diagrams for the seat heaters. Noticed the high setting on my passenger side wasn't working so he had to trace the wires back by eye.
Dang, how could an acura service dept not have the service manual? Just out of curiousity I looked up the seat heaters. I didn't know the driver seats has a heater in the seat cushion and the back rest, while the passenger seat only has a heater in the seat cushion....

Also didn't know the GPS has its own antenna in the dash while the AM/FM/XM share the antenna on the roof.....

I think the book was $75 plus shipping of $6.??.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:52 PM
Instructor

Awesome info Sasair. Thanks I did not know the gps antenna was in the dash. I thought it was on the roof. Any other cool info you come across please post.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:17 PM
Instructor

I read all of those things in the regular owner's manual.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by sasair
Dang, how could an acura service dept not have the service manual? Just out of curiousity I looked up the seat heaters. I didn't know the driver seats has a heater in the seat cushion and the back rest, while the passenger seat only has a heater in the seat cushion....

Also didn't know the GPS has its own antenna in the dash while the AM/FM/XM share the antenna on the roof.....

Same thing with the TL. They claim its due to the OPS(occupant position sensor) in the passenger seat.

Mike
Old 10-24-2006, 09:15 PM
Intermediate

Where did you buy the manual from? And how many pages it is really?
Old 10-24-2006, 10:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by saknife

The pages aren't numbered as a whole, but rather by sections so it is hard to tell.

http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.a...T71TWTB5M93T6D
Old 10-25-2006, 07:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by saknife

I found printed in the front of the manual that it says it has 2704 pages, but I didn't count them to verify.....
Old 10-25-2006, 11:04 AM
Loud Howard

Don't know, I think if they had anything they were saying there was no pictures blah blah blah... In the end, at least it got fixed. Good thing you mentioned the seat heater not being in the back of the passenger seat as I noticed it and was just about to ask. I like having the back heater especially in the really cold winter days. Sucks to be the passenger.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:37 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 625 Likes on 276 Posts
this is pretty standard, i think all the Acura Vehicles are like that
Old 10-31-2006, 01:06 PM
7th Gear

Question, Does track control needs to be on or off ? I just bough rdx last saturday.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mairdx
Question, Does track control needs to be on or off ? I just bough rdx last saturday.
What is "track control"? If you are talking about VSA, it should be on 99% of the time....

VSA® helps keep the RDX on track during fast or tight turns by detecting and correcting potential understeer or oversteer. The system continually monitors vehicle speed, throttle position, individual wheel speeds, steering angle, lateral g-force, and yaw rate to detect when oversteer or understeer is imminent. When necessary, VSA automatically reduces the engine’s torque and uses the ABS system to apply brakes to each wheel, as needed, to help stabilize the vehicle. The response is so quick that the instability may be corrected before the driver even knows it’s occurring.

Traction Control is integrated into the VSA—and in tandem with SH-AWD™—helps the RDX accelerate smoothly on slippery surfaces. Any wheel about to break traction upon acceleration will have its brake applied and/or power diverted from it until secure traction is regained.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:04 PM
Missin my TSX =(

dude u are the best man, i called helms and asked them if book had a few things i need for my remote start before i bought it, and noone seems to know what im talkin bout.... i hope u can help me please... this is what i need from the manual... detailed wiring diagrams of the following:

1) tachometer wires in the ECM/PCM
2) unlock and lock wires in the kick panel
3) hood pin sensors
4) door pin sensors
5) sunroof and window wirings

can u tell me if these wiring diagrams are in the manual? if so, is it possible for you to scan them for me, im willing to pay you per page if u want
Old 10-31-2006, 08:07 PM
Missin my TSX =(

my dealer doesnt have it either, i asked them for copies before i asked you
Old 10-31-2006, 10:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by chyllintsx
my dealer doesnt have it either, i asked them for copies before i asked you
I'm sure your dealer has the manual, its probably more like they weren't willing to copy it for you....

I'll take a look for those things you requested but give me a little while to look it up. I'll try to get back to you as quick as I can...
Old 10-31-2006, 11:06 PM
Missin my TSX =(

I'm sure your dealer has the manual, its probably more like they weren't willing to copy it for you....

I'll take a look for those things you requested but give me a little while to look it up. I'll try to get back to you as quick as I can...
thats what i think too... even thought they said that they would give it to me if they had it... but i bet thats just all talk...

thanks for helping me out man, i really need them, let me know whenever i find them, shoot me a PM or something, thanks i appreciate it
Old 11-01-2006, 04:09 PM
7th Gear

Can you down shift when you are on freeway with 65mph ? Also can you change to s mode when you are on freeway with 65mph or you have to stop to change to s mode ?
Old 11-01-2006, 04:12 PM
7th Gear

the traction control lite on, is it on or off ?
Old 11-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Can you down shift when you are on freeway with 65mph ? Also can you change to s mode when you are on freeway with 65mph or you have to stop to change to s mode ?
You can shift to S mode at anytime, at any speed. When you initally move into S mode, you are in automatic so it will select the appropriate gear for you. then you can start shifting manually from there if you want.

yes you can downshift on the freeway doing 65mph. I'm pretty sure 3rd gear will handle 65 mph just fine, but I don't know about 2nd.... the manual says you can take 3rd gear up to 94mph, 4th gear up to 114mph. That's on page 302...
Old 11-01-2006, 04:40 PM
7th Gear

Thanks...
Old 11-01-2006, 04:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

the traction control lite on, is it on or off ?
By "traction control" I assume you mean VSA.... (not exactly the same thing by the way)

The light should be off on the VSA Off button for normal operation. when you turn the car off and back on, the VSA system will turn itself back on(light off) regardless of what condition it was in before you turned the car off. You should not have the triangle with an "!" in it or the VSA indicator light on on your dash. this indicates either a problem or that your VSA system is off.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:03 PM
7th Gear

ty
Old 07-03-2007, 11:48 AM
1st Gear

I got my RDX service manual in the mail today. Wow what a book! To say it is phone book sized would make it sound smaller than it really is I think. I almost have trouble picking it up with one hand. If anyone needs any info from it, let me know... It looks to cover everything you can imagine. Except of course all those features that aren't there that we would like....
Just got my RDX on Saturday 6-30-07. Great car(truck)
Investigating how to install USA Spec iPod adapter. Does the manual show how to remove the stereo?
Any other input would be appriciated.
mdx_bob
Old 07-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Check the install sheets for MusicLink in the DIY forum...
Old 07-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by rdx_bob
Just got my RDX on Saturday 6-30-07. Great car(truck)
Investigating how to install USA Spec iPod adapter. Does the manual show how to remove the stereo?
Any other input would be appriciated.
mdx_bob
The car comes with a standard MP3 Aux input jack. It is 3.5 mm. If your iPod happens to have a 2.5mm pin you can get a $5 adapter at Radio Shack.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:47 PM
1st Gear

Instrument Panel/Cluster Panel

Sasair,

I destroyed my instrument panel/cluster in my rdx with a piece of lead pipe (by accident) and need to replace it. Any chance you have the replacement instructions in that service manual for this? I tried to pm you but apparently my access level does not allow for it. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:31 PM
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by rdx_bob
Does the manual show how to remove the stereo?
That's easy. Park it in Philadelphia overnight.

Or...with the manual it can be done without trouble.

Caution: the audio unit is tied into Navigation and Telematics, and is in close proximity to the Supplemental Restraint System computer. Specific warnings and procedures apply to the SRS.

No one should do this without the manual.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:13 PM
10th Gear

Hey, I am trying to get to the sub at the back of the trunk and how to reconnect it? Can the manual shed some light into that?
Old 06-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Instructor

Sasair - Need Instructions for Fog Lamp Replacement

Sasair - you're always a great resource.

Can you post the instructions for replacing a fog lamp.

I took a rock into one, and will be replacing next weekend, when I install the new front spoiler that just arrived this morning. I want to do it all at once.

Part of the spoiler installaiton is removing and re-installing the fog lamps. I just need to know if there are any tricks.

I don't plan to disconnect the battery for the spoiler install. I'm hoping that the fog lamps can just be unplugged, attached and reconnected.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Since you have to remove the fog lamps in order to install the new front under spoiler, it will be a piece of cake to change the fog lamps. They just screw onto the back side of the spoiler with three screws.

Here are the Front Under Spoiler instructions which show how the fog lamps connect:

https://hondacuraworld.hostasaurus.c...xfrontsplr.pdf
Old 06-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Ukrainian RDX

Lightbulb

Hey, sasair. What about an idea to share the RDX Service Manual with the whole world. You're gonna be the hero ever!

Convert Your Paper to iPaper is a program at Scribd where we will scan your paper documents and publish them on the internet completely for free. You just send us the documents in the mail - we'll take care of the rest.
http://www.scribd.com/paper
Old 06-29-2008, 08:41 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Azzie
Hey, sasair. What about an idea to share the RDX Service Manual with the whole world.
Because its copyright infringement.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:10 PM
Ukrainian RDX

Originally Posted by Fishbulb
Because its copyright infringement.
There are thousands of manuals there at Scribd and publishing the scanned parts of this manual on this forum, i.e., is also a "copyright infringement" BTW. So okay, let sasair to have his own decision.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Racer

There are thousands of manuals there at Scribd and publishing the scanned parts of this manual on this forum, i.e., is also a "copyright infringement" BTW. So okay, let sasair to have his own decision.
There's also millions of anonymously posted movies and mp3s on torrents, etc, but the difference being is that someone isn't dumb enough to suggest that a moderator of a forum, who could be easily traced, load up copyrighted material in its entirety, and take credit for breaking the law.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:37 AM
Ukrainian RDX

Originally Posted by Fishbulb
There's also millions of anonymously posted movies and mp3s on torrents, etc, but the difference being is that someone isn't dumb enough to suggest that a moderator of a forum, who could be easily traced, load up copyrighted material in its entirety, and take credit for breaking the law.
Listen, Fishbulb. I respect sasair very much & appreciate everything he does for this forum, but my manual haven't yet arrived and I could not see the copyright notice in it. Or did You?
Old 07-01-2008, 08:22 AM
Racer

but my manual haven't yet arrived and I could not see the copyright notice in it. Or did You?
If it hasn't arrived yet, I'm not suprised you can't see the copyright notice in it. But I assure you its there.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:08 PM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
fishbulb, would you make a copy for a friend if they requested it?? sure you will....we are all RDXs friends, right? Well, my RDX is asking for a favor....
Old 07-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Ukrainian RDX

wrestrepo, +1!

Fishbulb, believe me this doc will become public as soon as it will reach me for everybody in our Honda & Acura Clubs will gonna use it.

Quick Reply: RDX Service Manual