RDX Priced

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 04:35 PM
K-Fed's Stunt Double

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
RDX Priced

Everyone here say's this SUV is going to be around 35k
I feel that this is wrong, and Im going to justify it by the following reasons.
This isn't an upper class element, this is clearly taking aim at the new hybrid SUV released by land rover, Called the Range Stormer:
http://www.rangestormer.com
If you look on the outside of these vehicles and the interior, it is clear, the Concept is the same.
I feel that this will be as much if not more than an MDX Based on the competiting style of this new type of SUV.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:06 PM
has been here awhile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by drtoth
Everyone here say's this SUV is going to be around 35k
I feel that this is wrong, and Im going to justify it by the following reasons.
This isn't an upper class element, this is clearly taking aim at the new hybrid SUV released by land rover, Called the Range Stormer:
http://www.rangestormer.com
If you look on the outside of these vehicles and the interior, it is clear, the Concept is the same.
I feel that this will be as much if not more than an MDX Based on the competiting style of this new type of SUV.
You're joking, right? Do you have any idea about the Ranger Rover Sport? It's going to be a $60k+ luxury SUV, pitched against the top-dog midsizers from Mercedes, BMW, and VW's TDI Touareg. To say the RDX and Ranger Rover Sport are in the same league is waaaay off.

As for the concept of the two...not exactly. The Ranger Rover Sport is still as rugged as its Range Rover counterpart. You can take the RR Sport out on the track, and hit the Rubicon trail afterwards. Think of it as a Ranger Rover that's had a personal trainer. The RDX, on the other hand, is an on-road SUV...it has SH-AWD for the added performance and foul weather handling. So far, it's not claiming to be capable off-road, and in the typical Honda fashion, I really doubt it is going to be. This is, in essence, a performance wagon on steroids (and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that). The most obvious competition is the BMW X3.

I really doubt the RDX is going to be in MDX territory--if so, it will be the same as a base MDX, and the MDX will be moving up market next time around.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:52 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Gotta agree with SPUD.

This is targetted at the Nissan Murano and BMW X3.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:59 PM
Professional SLACKER

I'm going to have to agree with SPUD and SOO....
In the intro movie, the dude stated that the car is targeting younger audience and its going to be right below MDX.
I wouldn't be surprise if the price is close to MDX (because of its advance features) but more than an MDX?
I don't think the RDX is designed for off-roading llike MDX. Its only for the urban jungle..... My
Old 01-20-2005, 08:43 PM
K-Fed's Stunt Double

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
RR sport is a beautiful car, You should hav eseen the concept interior, It's like the present RDX CONCEPT, the interior will never happen
Old 01-20-2005, 09:53 PM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
well, the rdx is based on the next gen cr-v platform so if its 35k it better be fully loaded
Old 02-07-2005, 11:18 PM
Mr. Karma

I believe it said in the intro article on Acuranews.com that the RD-X will be slotted below the MDX (as someone stated previously), so given that I just don't see how it will even be as much as an MDX.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:55 PM
VTEC HoooA

It will be nothing more than a glorified CRV with a TSX powerplant!

Honda is too conservative to introduce any of the cutting edge features on the concept into the production vehicle.

Do you really think that they will put a 6 cylinder engine in this car?
Do you really think it will sport SH-AWD??
Do you really think it will sport 4 wheel Brembos?

In short NO!!!!

This is Honda, not Nissan. I say that with a love for Honda, but an envy for Nissan as they have the balls to truly compete! Honda has great engineers, but the company as a whole is much too content releasing products that do everything well, but nothing great (Jack of all trades master of none concept).

Old 02-12-2005, 12:13 AM
Mr. Karma

Oh, come now. That's like calling a TSX a glorified Accord. Okay, maybe in some respects it is, but after shopping both, I've come to the (personal) conclusion that the TSX's interior is just of higher quality, the ride is more refined, and the overall feel is higher-class. Maybe it's just me, but I think that IF the RD-X and CRV are as close as the TSX and Accord, then the same dynamic will apply.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:31 PM
'07 November = STI

isnt the RDX aiming at Lexus RX's, Toyota Highlanders, BMW X3's, and that class of SUV?

it cant be more then 35K

heck.. i wouldnt mind a freakin land rover.. those are pimp mobiles..
Old 02-18-2005, 11:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by legendaryCL98
isnt the RDX aiming at Lexus RX's, Toyota Highlanders, BMW X3's, and that class of SUV?

it cant be more then 35K

heck.. i wouldnt mind a freakin land rover.. those are pimp mobiles..
Well, it wouldn't be in the RX class...it's too big.

I couldn't imaging the RDX being much over $30k
Old 02-19-2005, 02:56 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation I have to respectfully disagree with you (at least in part)

Originally Posted by Nodoze2004
It will be nothing more than a glorified CRV with a TSX powerplant!

Honda is too conservative to introduce any of the cutting edge features on the concept into the production vehicle.
many of the features announced are hardly cutting edge and already found on other Acura offering of late.....Real time Navi, DVD-Audio etc. etc.

Do you really think that they will put a 6 cylinder engine in this car?
YES!..While I'm not a 100% sure, I'm very confident this will come true!!.

.....and while the usual proponents of 4 cylinder engines and turbos will come on here and say that Honda might put a turbo-four in there, this is highly unlikely!!...When they've not even put a turbo-four in their dedicated sports car, the S2000, how likely is it that they will put one in an SUV of all things ....and for me, that's a GOOD thing. I HATE all 4 cylinders (turbo or not)

Do you really think it will sport SH-AWD??
YES!...I guarantee it!!

Do you really think it will sport 4 wheel Brembos?
NO!...and again I can't be a 100% sure, but if past history is any indicator, then I'll most likely be correct

This is Honda, not Nissan. I say that with a love for Honda, but an envy for Nissan as they have the balls to truly compete! Honda has great engineers, but the company as a whole is much too content releasing products that do everything well, but nothing great (Jack of all trades master of none concept).
Actually, I will somewhat disagree with you here as well!! ....they do make something that Lexus, Nissan, Mercedes or whoever can only dream about: and that is THE BEST NAVIGATION SYSTEM you can find anywhere in the Universe.....so much so, that I decided against buying the Lexus GX 470 I so much wanted, in favor of the 2003 MDX I eventually bought, pretty much on THIS ONE FACTOR alone!!!....... Imagine that!!!

....Alpine is the company that provides the components/hardware however the software/operating system is developed by Honda. Now here's what's really ironic: Their aftermarket version (the NVE-N852A) does not come close to the Honda/Acura OEM Nav. Usually in car electronics it's the other way around .....That said, I must also say that Alpine is coming out in a few months with a new Nav system, the NVE-N872A which may very well compete with Acura's most advanced Real-Time Nav on the RL, but for at least right now, what I said earlier is true!!
Old 02-19-2005, 03:17 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb On the issue of pricing.....

......I'm literally and physically sure that the pricing will start out in the 30 to 32K range for a base model and will top out in the 35 to 37k range for a fully loaded version with Nav (Of course, depending on how they structure the option packages) .....Look at all of the press releases from Honda and their VP Tom Elliot who gives so many clues to make this "educated guess", one of which is that it's going to be a less expensive alternative to the MDX, but also that it is for upscale top "urban executives" ......this, and the fact that it has so many goodies (SHAWD, state-of-the-art Real Time Navi, Bluetooth, DVD-Audio sound, etc., and very likely a 6 cyl engine) pretty much tells me that it's going to be cheaper than the MDX, but at the same time not by a whole lot!!
Old 07-21-2005, 02:13 PM
1st Gear

Pricing

I just visited the Acura dealer in Reading, PA yesterday. The salesman, who seemed well-informed, said that Acura told them to expect RD-X pricing in the 29,000 to 30,000 range. If like most Acuras, that will be w/o the navi system and the navi/touring version will be at least $2k more.

Since this vehicle is based on the CR-V platform, a premium of $4k or so above most expensive CR-V makes sense to me...
Old 07-21-2005, 04:28 PM
something witty

^ Great first post.

The pricing of the Accord and TSX is similar. About 4K more.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by u8214u
I just visited the Acura dealer in Reading, PA yesterday. The salesman, who seemed well-informed, said that Acura told them to expect RD-X pricing in the 29,000 to 30,000 range. If like most Acuras, that will be w/o the navi system and the navi/touring version will be at least $2k more.

Since this vehicle is based on the CR-V platform, a premium of $4k or so above most expensive CR-V makes sense to me...

History will repeat itself! When the TSX came out, it was priced around 1500 less than the 6-cylinder 3.2 TL. People screamed, "Its too much, I could have a 6 in the TL...."

Then 6 months later the new TL came out and the proper price gap was restored. Please remember that 6 months after the RDX, we get the all new MDX. I predict 33,000 plus 2000 for navi.