RDX Downpipe install and other stuff.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 01:22 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RDX Downpipe install and other stuff.

Purchased the RDX last year. Seemed to be a nifty little vehicle. Wife is a lifelong Honda/Acura person, her TL had nearly 300k, original miles at that with no major issues with motor or trans. Sold it and she liked the idea of the RDX. Like most, it was all stock, previous owner had the wheels painted black, tinted windows, pretty much it. I am a lifelong Subaru person, owned several wrx/sti's so i'm no stranger to modding.

Purchased a generic intake, works as it should, until I noticed one day that boost was no longer going to max psi. Long story short, primary and secondary cats were the culprit.

Just purchased RV6 catless downpipe. Figured I would have a shop toss it in...so far 3 shops have said they can't do it...it wont fit...etc. So i'm going to do it myself. I've read a few diy overviews, some say axle has to be removed others say that it can be done from the top.

Does anyone have a set of instructions on how to do do this? Doesn't seem too hard.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:35 AM
Instructor

How did you verify it was the cats?

It will fit as several members have it on here.
From what I have read its a tough install, but not impossible.
Hopefully some of the members that just got it on can help.
Have you searched the performance section oh here for threads pertaining to it?
Old 05-22-2015, 09:46 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by GSJake
How did you verify it was the cats?

It will fit as several members have it on here.
From what I have read its a tough install, but not impossible.
Hopefully some of the members that just got it on can help.
Have you searched the performance section oh here for threads pertaining to it?
Took it to the dealer, and took it to an exhaust shop. With out telling the exhaust shop what the dealer said, they said the same thing and was able to verify that by inspecting the secondary cat.

That's what i've read, but it's not been clear, some say tough some say not so much. On RV6's site he says its a 2 as far as difficulty.

I did search before posting.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:41 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by justinxecushyn
Does anyone have a set of instructions on how to do do this? Doesn't seem too hard.
I haven't done this install but read a lot of threads about it since I plan to do it in the next few months. Sounds like rv-6 will actually provide directions if you contact them.

https://acurazine.com/forums/perform...nstall-928201/
Old 05-28-2015, 09:41 AM
FLETCH

Received 146 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by justinxecushyn
Just purchased RV6 catless downpipe. Figured I would have a shop toss it in...so far 3 shops have said they can't do it...it wont fit...etc. So i'm going to do it myself. I've read a few diy overviews, some say axle has to be removed others say that it can be done from the top.

it will cost you some skin. what state do you call home? and if your near some of us we can be bribed with beer to help out. I'm in PA near Harrisburg.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:41 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by TheWrench116
it will cost you some skin. what state do you call home? and if your near some of us we can be bribed with beer to help out. I'm in PA near Harrisburg.
I'm in GA, Alpharetta.