RDX Brochure pix!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 01:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
RDX Brochure pix!

I was at the Cleveland Auto Show yesterday. The RDX was there. I spoke with the rep from Acura of Cleveland after I wandered too close to the RDX--I got a good look at the interior. I am definitely interested in this little guy and said as much to the rep. She gave me a brochure and invited me to a "customer appreciation" party at Acura of Cleveland, to be held once the RDX is officially released. I have scanned pix of the brochure for those who aren't near an auto show or are just curious. There is a picture inside the brochure, once unfolded, that was too large to scan; I'll have to take a picture of it and upload it later. In the meantime...click on the image to see a larger version.

Unfolded pages 1 and 6

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Page 6
Old 02-26-2006, 02:35 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Hmm....page 3 picture seems to indicate the keyless ignition system is being used on the prototype car. I wonder if this means it will make it into production?
Old 02-26-2006, 03:48 PM
Aint Doing Sh*t

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Since you seem to have gotten close how small is it as compared to others?
Old 02-26-2006, 04:22 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
damn that looks really nice
Old 02-26-2006, 04:44 PM
Senior Moderator

neuronbob's pre- pre- pre-release review

OK, back from running errands, so I can post a little more.

As I note above, I saw the RDX at the Cleveland Auto Show. I took pictures, and this post will be edited to include them below. This is the same RDX pictured in the brochure, I believe.

It was inside a fence that was about as high as my ankle, and the passenger side door was open. Further, there were no signs explicitly saying "don't touch", so your intrepid Acurazine reporter stuck his head in and touched. I just hope they don't dust for prints...

INTERIOR
Seats--the leather seats are made of soft leather. Compared to the TL, seems similar.
Dash--I touched this and it feels and looks like it is made of quality material. Some note that it looks cheap. Having seen it with my own eyes, I disagree. It's not as opulent and eye-catching as the TL, but it's certainly Acura-quality.
Navi--Unfortunately, this wasn't on and the car wasn't plugged in, so I can't comment on this. It clearly has a knob like the RL, so I guess its functionality will be similar.
Keyless start--Not sure this exists, either--looks like a fake key is stuck into the ignition in the brochure. In real life, there's just a regular ignition keyhole (see below).
Size--this "little guy" looks bigger inside than outside. Acura did an impressive job with interior space.
Cargo space--couldn't look in much detail in the rear, unfortunately, so I can't comment on it thoroughly. Look to me like enough room to hold a baby carriage and diaper bag, though--we're expecting in less than three months.

Verdict: Looks like it's ready for prime time.

EXTERIOR
Looks smaller than I thought from the outside. I really like the Euro-style side mirror-mounted turn signal. Those 19s and colored calipers indicate potential mods for enthusiasts like us.

Overall, and am seriously thinking about trading the wife's Accord for this. If only she would willingly give up her car....
Old 02-26-2006, 08:09 PM
Aint Doing Sh*t

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just thought I would add that in.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:21 PM
Senior Moderator

RDX Pictures

Click each for a larger picture....

Old 02-26-2006, 10:09 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob
Click each for a larger picture....
Thanks for taking the time to share!
Old 02-27-2006, 09:27 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Hmm....page 3 picture seems to indicate the keyless ignition system is being used on the prototype car. I wonder if this means it will make it into production?
I don't see how you arrive at that conclusion. I see a key slot. If there were such a feature I don't think they would try to hide it away for the production car. I'd like to see this too, and with lesser cars having this feature, I can't understand Acura. But to me it looks like the traditional key. I'd be happy if they'd dump the fob and go with an integrated key. Get with the 90's Acura!
Old 02-28-2006, 07:21 AM
'12 TL (prev '04 TSX 6MT)

I received this brochure in the mail yesterday after requesting it here:
http://www.acura.com/rdxprototype/
Old 02-28-2006, 07:34 AM
Pro

is it me? or dont those seats remind you of the 04 TL??? (but imprint problem may arise again)
Old 02-28-2006, 10:02 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Nandito28
is it me? or dont those seats remind you of the 04 TL??? (but imprint problem may arise again)
The front reminds me a lot of the TL (seats and lower dash) but the backseat reminds me of the CRV SE.

Strangely what it doesn't remind me of is the MDX, shouldn't it?? The exterior does have a resemblence but the inside doesn't at all.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:09 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Gotta love that interior.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:36 AM
Pro

I am seriously considering this car in maybe the second model year. I'd like to drive it and read some magazine reviews of it. As well I'd love to hear how owners feel about it after they've had them for a while. I would consider trading in my TL for one.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:50 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
I don't see how you arrive at that conclusion. I see a key slot. If there were such a feature I don't think they would try to hide it away for the production car. I'd like to see this too, and with lesser cars having this feature, I can't understand Acura. But to me it looks like the traditional key. I'd be happy if they'd dump the fob and go with an integrated key. Get with the 90's Acura!
If you look on the picture of page 3 of the brochure pics in the first post, where the key should be, you see a metallic strip that is longer than a key is usually wide. My parents' RL has the exact same metallic strip on the knob that is plugged into key cylinder. This knob is removeable, which would explain why it's not in the picture from the show. By removing the knob, it prevents people from playing with it and turning off the electronics that they wanted on during the display.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:08 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Neuronbob - thank you!

Thank you so much for the report - I didn't even know that it's the Cleveland Auto Show this week! Apart from the RDX, is there anything else worth seeing?

Anyway, did the rep give you any other information at all, like when it's due for official release and the pricing? I guess not, otherwise you would have told us! LOL!

Now, do you think that it's as small as the current CRX? Or the X3? Also, does the exterior look better in person than in the photos? Or comparable?

I am so tempted to get the RDX once my TSX payment is done in less than 2 years' time.... or perhaps I'll jump ship and get the 325 xiT......... OK, don't hate me! LOL
Old 03-01-2006, 01:58 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
If you look on the picture of page 3 of the brochure pics in the first post, where the key should be, you see a metallic strip that is longer than a key is usually wide. My parents' RL has the exact same metallic strip on the knob that is plugged into key cylinder. This knob is removeable, which would explain why it's not in the picture from the show. By removing the knob, it prevents people from playing with it and turning off the electronics that they wanted on during the display.
I see... I hope it is true, however I would have thought Acura would have played this up as a feature if it were part of the car. However... I'll play along...

In this pic from the Acura website of the prototype... you can see (I think) a little bump on the drivers door handle. Could this be the "lock" button???

And on this picture from the web site is the "key." Is this a regular key of the keyless fake key? I zoomed in on the image and upped the contrast.

It would be appropriate for Acura to keep up with the Eura Civic, 07 Camry etc in the world, so I'm hoping this is a feature of this car. I guess we will only know for sure when more definate info comes out.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
Nice work. That definitely resembles the keyless ignition knob found in the RL. I wouldn't be surprised if they added this feature to both the RDX and the soon to be completely new MDX. All the brands at this level are moving in this direction so Acura should make this leap as well.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Nice work. That definitely resembles the keyless ignition knob found in the RL. I wouldn't be surprised if they added this feature to both the RDX and the soon to be completely new MDX. All the brands at this level are moving in this direction so Acura should make this leap as well.
Not to be a party pooper, but I see a regular key (minus fob) in the ignition......then again.... "i see dead people.....
Old 03-01-2006, 09:56 PM
Team Owner

Don't be a killjoy, Colin!
Old 03-01-2006, 10:46 PM
Instructor

Who knows what it will have. But how does the system work in the RL? Does the ignition recognize the door remote is in your pocket an allow you to start the car with a build in plastic key?
Old 03-02-2006, 01:25 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by thorium
Who knows what it will have. But how does the system work in the RL? Does the ignition recognize the door remote is in your pocket an allow you to start the car with a build in plastic key?

Yes, there is a cover over the regular key slot ( was going to call is a key hole, but somehow it sounded rude.....). Grasp this cover like a key and give it a twist. If its an emergency, the cover comes off and the regular key works normally.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
YES!!
i remember this when i got in trouble for startin the RL in the showroom and attemptin to take a test drive w/o the salesperson
they inserted the valet key into the side and removed the knob
Old 03-06-2006, 09:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nandito28

the brochure pic(of the RDX) has an extra row of stitching unlike the 04 TL(which has the buttprint problems). the 05+ TL's have this extra row of stitching in it, but i have an 04 so I don't know if it officially solved the problem. and yes, i have a killer buttprint in my 04.

check around the 3rd gen. forum for some more info. on whether this extra row of stitching helped out.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:20 PM
Suzuka Master

well not to "pick nits'with a fellow salesman, but damn, he should double check his page! In the title in IE, Exclusive is spelled Exlcusive, and the car is listed as a 2005 RDX...... Hopefully his phone number is correct...
Old 03-07-2006, 01:49 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Ol Blue Eyes
the brochure pic(of the RDX) has an extra row of stitching unlike the 04 TL(which has the buttprint problems). the 05+ TL's have this extra row of stitching in it, but i have an 04 so I don't know if it officially solved the problem. and yes, i have a killer buttprint in my 04.

check around the 3rd gen. forum for some more info. on whether this extra row of stitching helped out.
I have an 05 TL...no but imprints for me ...I guess the brochure is differ...on the image I saw above there's only one line (stitching)...