RD-X Production Version Speculation

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 01:38 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RD-X Production Version Speculation

We all know that the alligator seats and all that orange wont make it to the production line... Im generally new to the Acura scene... I currently own an RX-8 and was looking to trade it in for a TL after we purchased and MDX which we love! I saw pictures of the RD-X concept and I fell in love... I love the idea of the two doors as well as the sunroof etc..... I am going to list a few key elements of the concept car and would like to hear your feedback as to why this feature will or will not make it to the production line AND WHY.... I think we can narrow down what this car will include based on Acura/Honda history....
  • Exterior Lighting, are we just going to see standard xenons?
  • The Wiperless Windshield
  • The Navigation/Head Unit as is with the nob that controls everything
  • Will Acura make this nav a touch screen as they have been known to do
  • Will they include a hard drive?
  • Will they make the dashboard look like that, speedometers and all?
  • Will they include a breif case?
  • Will they put the shifters on the steering wheel?
  • Will they include two subwoofers like they have in the concept... They have been known to include subwoofers so I dont doubt they will have at least one
Old 02-26-2005, 02:37 PM
Racer

My guess based on what we've seen come out the last couple of years for the TSX, TL and RL:
    Yeah, just standard HID's
    Nope
    Maybe, but probably not.
    Yeah, probably the same nav system as in the rest of the cars
    Doubt it
  • Will they make the dashboard look like that, speedometers and all?
    Nope
    Nope
    Maybe
  • Will they include two subwoofers like they have in the concept... They have been known to include subwoofers so I dont doubt they will have at least one
    Nope

Overall, expect to see an interior (including styling and content) that looks much, much more like the TSX/TL than the concept.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:34 PM
Cruisin'

I agree with most of what you say, I say they will include at least one subwoofer... I think they may introduce the next gen navigation system possibly with a hard drive, I think its a 50/50 on this one, it wouldnt cost that much to include this.....
Old 02-26-2005, 04:42 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's my take on this!!!.....from keeping a careful eye on their releases

Originally Posted by jniamehr
We all know that the alligator seats and all that orange wont make it to the production line... Im generally new to the Acura scene... I currently own an RX-8 and was looking to trade it in for a TL after we purchased and MDX which we love! I saw pictures of the RD-X concept and I fell in love... I love the idea of the two doors as well as the sunroof etc..... I am going to list a few key elements of the concept car and would like to hear your feedback as to why this feature will or will not make it to the production line AND WHY.... I think we can narrow down what this car will include based on Acura/Honda history....
Acura is reluctant to put HIDs on SUVs, but possible on this one!!

Guaranteed NO

Guaranteed YES!! They've done this on the new RL already (they are moving away from the Touchscreen, UNFORTUNATELY )

Guaranteed NO - from my previous response above, but it will feature a comprehensive VOICE RECOGNITION system since it's gonna be the "REAL-TIME TRAFFIC NAVI" found in the new RL

Honestly, don't know, but I doubt it!! (they have to keep cost in check as well)

• Will they make the dashboard look like that, speedometers and all
Probably not, but you never know!!

Really, don't know, but possible!!

Possibly, YES - it's available on the new RL

Possibly, cause Acura has been known to go "subwoofer crazy"
Old 02-27-2005, 09:54 AM
Cruisin'

I think with all the expected features that we are agreeing on this will no doubt add up to make an excellent car.... the question is.... WHEN! Will it be available to pre order this summer? and come out before the next winter.... so if you pre-order you get it faster or prob not?
Old 03-01-2005, 05:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
I think with all the expected features that we are agreeing on this will no doubt add up to make an excellent car.... the question is.... WHEN! Will it be available to pre order this summer? and come out before the next winter.... so if you pre-order you get it faster or prob not?
I'd say it's pretty well established it will be our in March - April of 2006 as an early 2007.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:42 AM
Cruisin'

I think they are missing the boat for winter sales that way wouldnt you agree? I think they could sell a lot if they are available before all the white stuff touches down
Old 03-11-2005, 01:33 AM
Tuxedo Cat

In addition to seconding most of the opinions above I strongly suspect that -- like the Nissan Maxima -- a real sunroof (the normal kind, that you can open) will end up being an option, and possibly even the preferred configuration. For those of us living in climates that favor open windows, not having an openable sunroof is a deal-breaker. I see few Maximas around here with the "full length" sunroof and suspect that Honda is well aware of this.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:06 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
I think they are missing the boat for winter sales that way wouldnt you agree? I think they could sell a lot if they are available before all the white stuff touches down
Well I remember the S2000 debuted in September of 1999, just in time to miss top down Summer driving. Realistically, they probably want to introduce a new MDX in the fall, and they never have two cars at the same time.