Nice pics of the RDX!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 10:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,652 Likes on 13,891 Posts
Thumbs up Nice pics of the RDX!

Wallpaper sized too! 1600X1200, folks...

http://www.dieselstation.com/archive/Acura-RDX-Concept/
Old 01-13-2005, 05:27 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From Car and Driver:

Old 01-13-2005, 06:03 AM
Advanced

i like the back lights, soo kewl haha
Old 01-13-2005, 07:06 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the pics.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ange1
i like the back lights, soo kewl haha
Element + Odyssey Taillights = RDX

The taillights look quite good. But headlights look like they are "covered" too much.

This thing will sell like hotcakes though. Just needs the right powerplant.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:12 PM
Intermediate

The more I look at it, the more I like it. Very well done, Honda!
Old 01-14-2005, 02:21 AM
Instructor

Thanks a million for......

Originally Posted by Yumchah
Wallpaper sized too! 1600X1200, folks...

http://www.dieselstation.com/archive/Acura-RDX-Concept/
...........those HI-RES pics!!!

.....I love this vehicle it's sooooo beautiful.....and THE ANSWER TO ALL MY ENDLESS PRAYERS!!!!

FINALLY!!!! , a SMALL SUV that's LUXURIOUS and POWERFUL, from a Japanese company....One of these things has my name written on it!!!!

.....of course, I'm assuming from the other "powerplant" thread that it is going to get a V6. (this is the only thing that could keep me from buying it)
Old 01-14-2005, 09:51 AM
Old fart

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
I hope they keep that front end in the production version...with projected HIDs of course
Old 01-14-2005, 04:45 PM
I feel the need...

Received 515 Likes on 363 Posts
Overall - I think it's attractive. Awfully curious to see what the final production version will look like, but am hoping it'll be a great all around package for 30k without navi.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,652 Likes on 13,891 Posts
Glad you folks like the wallpapers.

Just an FYI in case you didn't know, but www.dieselstation.com has one of the best wallpaper collections of cars on the web. Period. Have a look!
Old 01-14-2005, 11:05 PM
Intermediate

The RD-X concept doesn't seem to have any side-markers. Or perhaps it will have the mirrors which have lights like those in the TSX. That'd be very cool.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:13 AM
101 years of heartache...

it'd be awesome if this car came with a standard or optional hard drive mp3 player like in the concept since that's the new trend, and this is targeting the trendy market. too bad it isn't happening.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:49 AM
Advanced

I may be wrong, but instead of side mirrors, this concept has side view cameras. In watching the cable Speed channel, I've seen these type cameras which show an image on a nav screen. Now that will take some getting used to.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:32 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by gotsand
I may be wrong, but instead of side mirrors, this concept has side view cameras. In watching the cable Speed channel, I've seen these type cameras which show an image on a nav screen. Now that will take some getting used to.
The TL concept had the air wipers and the side camera mirrors as well. It's just a concept, it WONT be in the final production model.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:39 PM
VTEC HoooA

Originally Posted by corey415
The TL concept had the air wipers and the side camera mirrors as well. It's just a concept, it WONT be in the final production model.
Along those lines neither will the 4 wheel Brembo's, any aspect of the concept interior, etc. Why Acura doesn't make these items options still escapes logic. Give the sheep....err masses the standard version of the vehicle, but at the same time make these other components options.

I would love to play MP3's in my TL
I would love to listen to DVD-A in my MDX
I would love to have 4 wheel Brembos on my TL
I would love to have HIDs on the MDX

Expect the dumbed down super sheep....err production version of this car to run off the base TSX powerplant minus all the gadgets seen here (perhaps even the HIDs). They get the attention with all the flash, and then strip 90% of it for the real production car!

Acura has ZERO product line consistency!!!

Old 02-17-2005, 09:44 PM
6th Gear

Thumbs up RDX Pics

Thanks for the great pics of the new RDX! I have changed my desktop background several times and they all are great! Can't wait to see this car in production, maybe next Spring?

wc1208
Old 02-26-2005, 01:24 PM
Cruisin'

What are the chances that the sunroof on the concept will make it into production? I hope they make a panoramic.... I love those giant sunroofs
Old 02-26-2005, 04:56 PM
Instructor

Actually some of it will definitely make it to production!

Originally Posted by Nodoze2004
Along those lines neither will the 4 wheel Brembo's, any aspect of the concept interior, etc. Why Acura doesn't make these items options still escapes logic. Give the sheep....err masses the standard version of the vehicle, but at the same time make these other components options.

I would love to play MP3's in my TL
I would love to listen to DVD-A in my MDX
I would love to have 4 wheel Brembos on my TL
I would love to have HIDs on the MDX

Expect the dumbed down super sheep....err production version of this car to run off the base TSX powerplant minus all the gadgets seen here (perhaps even the HIDs). They get the attention with all the flash, and then strip 90% of it for the real production car!

Acura has ZERO product line consistency!!!

....I will cut my right arm off, if the DVD-Audio sound system, Real-Time traffic Navi (as in the RL), Bluetooth and SH-AWD do not make it!! ......the rest of it like you said (HIDs, Brembos, MP3s etc.) probably won't!!

....and the MDX is in it's twilight years!!...the next gen MDX will definitely have all the good stuff mentioned above!
Old 04-08-2005, 07:47 AM
Intermediate

What are they thinking?

This is one of the most boring designs I have ever seen. The TL styling and the TSX styling was a move in the right direction. Now you come out with something that looks like an MDX which is pitiful anyway. The wheels are pitiful and the black molding. Pay attention to infinity. They understand the market. Acura does not. If they are going after the 50 and older soccer mom segment they have a winner. Everyone else will just buy a BMW, Lexus, or an Infiniti.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:40 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Silver Sultan
This is one of the most boring designs I have ever seen. The TL styling and the TSX styling was a move in the right direction. Now you come out with something that looks like an MDX which is pitiful anyway. The wheels are pitiful and the black molding. Pay attention to infinity. They understand the market. Acura does not. If they are going after the 50 and older soccer mom segment they have a winner. Everyone else will just buy a BMW, Lexus, or an Infiniti.
Wow..."The TL styling and the TSX styling was a move in the right direction." is the only thing you said here that I agree with.

I think the RDX is a pretty agressive looking vehicle. Just as the MDX is one of the best looking SUVs in it's class. It's not the rough and dull truck look of the domestics, not the stuffy "overly-luxurious, not too fun" look of Lexus, or the bloated-wagon (bmw) or minivan (Mercedes) look. Yeah, the FX is a good looking SUV, better than the MDX even. But that's one of the few that looks better than the MDX. Infiniti understands market and doesn't Acura not? ...all I can say is what sells more? The MDX or the FX? Let's see some numbers.

As far as the "50 and older soccer mom segment"...I'm a 28 year old single male, and I'm anxiously anticipating the RDX. I think it's going to rock.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:09 PM
Pro

I am anxiously awaiting the RDX as well. I dont see how this car appeals to the "50 and older soccer mom segment" at all. That describes the toyota suvs though (except the rav4 and fj cruiser).
Old 04-13-2005, 08:41 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Silver Sultan
I agree and disagree with you. Infiniti is on a roll right now, and styling wise, hasn't gone wrong lately (except the QX). BMW's looks are trash, and Lexus is bland as hell. I'd take an Acura over either one anyday. The RDX is very agressive, and the right size (as far as it's placement under the MDX). All they have to get right is the powertrain.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:21 PM
VTEC HoooA

Originally Posted by titan
I agree and disagree with you. Infiniti is on a roll right now, and styling wise, hasn't gone wrong lately (except the QX). BMW's looks are trash, and Lexus is bland as hell. I'd take an Acura over either one anyday. The RDX is very agressive, and the right size (as far as it's placement under the MDX). All they have to get right is the powertrain.
Mark my words, it will get a 4 banger!! They can't pop in a 6 as it will kill sales of the MDX. The MDX is already severely behind the tech curve (how about those HIDS on that 36k SUV). Since Acura does not, and probably never will, make an 8 they cannot move the MDX any further upscale engine wise. I mean if the TSX had a 6 cylinder in it, the TL would not be selling as well. Same logic applies here.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Nodoze2004
Mark my words, it will get a 4 banger!! They can't pop in a 6 as it will kill sales of the MDX. The MDX is already severely behind the tech curve (how about those HIDS on that 36k SUV). Since Acura does not, and probably never will, make an 8 they cannot move the MDX any further upscale engine wise. I mean if the TSX had a 6 cylinder in it, the TL would not be selling as well. Same logic applies here.
The MDX may be slightly behind in the tech department, but it's still a solid seller for Acura. However, I can easily see them move the MDX up market a little more to accomodate a V6 RDX. I'm not saying it WILL get one, but it's not out of the realm of possibilities.

The TSX and TL could coexist with V6s in both. The 325, 330, 525 and 530 all have V6s and they do just fine. The IS, ES, GS as well. Now I know the 5 series and the GS have V8 options...but the ratio for V6/V8 sales leans heavily toward the V6s anyway. In fact, the 5 series uses the exact same engines as the 3 series, yet they can still cope. Considering the specs will be quite different between the two, the TSX wouldn't cannibalize TL sales just because you have the same number of cylinders.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:58 PM
The Acura Tranny Killer

If the RDX doesn't have a V6, it won't sell well.. the CRV is Honda's little SUV with a 4-banger in it..

You have to keep in mind that the RDX is quite a bit smaller than a MDX, so i think that even with both having a V6, they'd sell nicely together. Engine size doesn't mean that it's the same car.. size matters as well.. and the RDX doesn't NEARLY have as much room as a MDX. Now, if the RDX does come with a V6 (or perhaps the new turbocharged 4 banger?) and they have it set at like 250hp.. it'd be a ruling machine.

Also, i might be wrong, but my wife's 05 MDX has those nice blue bulbs in there.. HIDs? (it gives about same color and range of light as my 05 RL)

[EDIT] Wait, they're not blue.. just white. Although i could swear that i have seen a MDX (04?) with blue bulbs in it at the dealer.

I am not too sure if you really want HIDs on a SUV tho.. halogen lamps on SUVs already blind the hell out of people.

Tracer
Old 05-28-2005, 04:20 PM
Safety Car

Old 06-06-2005, 01:35 PM
woooo!!

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
^ wow! thats nice...
Old 06-08-2005, 05:16 PM
Racer

Canadian Acura Website

I've looked at the RDX preview on the US site but wasn't aware the Canadian is different. Actually I like it better, it adds a description for each picture. Check it out!!

http://www.acura.ca/AcuraEng/Previews/RD-X/InfoNav.htm
Old 06-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 85 Likes on 37 Posts
Cost?

Anyone know what this is supposed to cost? And when do they go on sale? Im curious to see what the cost is, Im not sure how well it will do in a market the is just filled with SUV's that are simular, but if the cost is reasonable, then it might do well.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:42 AM
1st Gear

RDX Hopes - just an opinion

I too liked what I saw in the original concept drawings coming out of Honda, but wanted to add this....because I'd really like to have one of these. Acura/Honda has a recent tendency to turn their vehicles suddenly bland at the final design. With Mazda and Toyota (from Japan inc) and BMW, VW (representing Europe) coming on strong, my guess is they'll run with this concept in the photos and get their clocks cleaned. All these other makers are strongly targeting the same market - young, modern, with money.

Dont get me wrong. I have an Acura (not my first Honda product) and love the smoothness of the engines, quality, heft and driving feel. I just think its regretable what happened to the RSX relative to the Integra. There were some great design elements, but in overall execution, it stalled and was less sporty instead of more. Here's my comments and hopes for the direction of the RDX:

1) You can see definite Ridgeline design elements in the tail lights. Not bad, but within the lines set for the lights, set some round light elements. And clean up the rear bumper design.

2) Love the front. Expand the headlights slightly, while maintaining the design shape. Add round clear lens elements per TL and RL.

3) Available Trick Features: Full glass top ala Audi A3, with multi-panel moonroof. MP3, YES!!!! Availability of customization. Look at what Scion has done with underpowered little boxes. I see retirees as well as college kids customizing these things...and people are wild about 'em here. Don't lose some of the forward thinking of the cockpit just because you need (and should) put real gauges in WHITE ON BLACK in FRONT of the driver. Designers: The rest if your playground.

4) MORE SPORTY!!!! Repeater lights on the side mirrors. Flare the fenders more to give it a more aggressive stance. Drop the front nose line slightly to give it a more sporty appearance. I want it to say "lunch is served...you!" when I pull up behind the ubiquitous Jeep products.

Don't neuter it like the RSX. Remember, BMW M3 is here and Mazda is coming with the CX7 (and they're remained very loyal to their wilder concept designs and been rewarded.).

Just my thoughts, Honda. Such as they are....
Old 07-10-2005, 09:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by lilbro
I too liked what I saw in the original concept drawings coming out of Honda, but wanted to add this....because I'd really like to have one of these. Acura/Honda has a recent tendency to turn their vehicles suddenly bland at the final design. With Mazda and Toyota (from Japan inc) and BMW, VW (representing Europe) coming on strong, my guess is they'll run with this concept in the photos and get their clocks cleaned. All these other makers are strongly targeting the same market - young, modern, with money.

Dont get me wrong. I have an Acura (not my first Honda product) and love the smoothness of the engines, quality, heft and driving feel. I just think its regretable what happened to the RSX relative to the Integra. There were some great design elements, but in overall execution, it stalled and was less sporty instead of more. Here's my comments and hopes for the direction of the RDX:

1) You can see definite Ridgeline design elements in the tail lights. Not bad, but within the lines set for the lights, set some round light elements. And clean up the rear bumper design.

2) Love the front. Expand the headlights slightly, while maintaining the design shape. Add round clear lens elements per TL and RL.

3) Available Trick Features: Full glass top ala Audi A3, with multi-panel moonroof. MP3, YES!!!! Availability of customization. Look at what Scion has done with underpowered little boxes. I see retirees as well as college kids customizing these things...and people are wild about 'em here. Don't lose some of the forward thinking of the cockpit just because you need (and should) put real gauges in WHITE ON BLACK in FRONT of the driver. Designers: The rest if your playground.

4) MORE SPORTY!!!! Repeater lights on the side mirrors. Flare the fenders more to give it a more aggressive stance. Drop the front nose line slightly to give it a more sporty appearance. I want it to say "lunch is served...you!" when I pull up behind the ubiquitous Jeep products.

Don't neuter it like the RSX. Remember, BMW M3 is here and Mazda is coming with the CX7 (and they're remained very loyal to their wilder concept designs and been rewarded.).

Just my thoughts, Honda. Such as they are....
Sorry, I don't agree with most of what you said. I think the concept we're seeing is pretty good...actually more agressive than I give Acura credit for. I think their current designs look great, won't offend and will look good years down the road. You can't say that for many of the cars on the road. Look at BMW, just as many people <b>hate</b> the Bangle designs as like them. I'd be curious...we should take a pole and see how many people like the look of the RDX as it stands now.

Oh, and most of the gadgets and doo-dads you mentioned are a fad or trendy...but have little lasting value like the multipanel sunroof...it's not going to last.