Need Help with reflash

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 06:05 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need Help with reflash

Please guys, i need a honest answers i have a 3" CAI and the 3" downpipe and mid pipe no cats.Thinking about buying a hondata flash pro, and reflashing my ecu is this going to be a problem.Also forgot to mention that i am using 93 octane gas,is it going to be to lean.thank you
Old 01-26-2017, 08:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 229 Likes on 204 Posts
You're only going to be lean if you ask more of the turbo than the injectors can deliver. Make adjustments in small increments (go to a tuning shop if you don't know what you're doing), watch your data logs and track your a/f ratio and injector duty cycle, among other things. I don't remember the size of the piping where the MAF is located, but if you have changed the diameter of that with your CAI, that will need to be accounted for in your tune. I'm sure the more experienced tuners will have more input on this as well.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:10 AM
Intermediate

well like i said i am planning on buying a flash pro just wanted to make sure i am not going to have a problem, with running a 3" down pipe and mid pipe with no cats and a 3" CAI Thank you
Old 02-01-2017, 08:18 AM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
If you are buying a flashpro get it dyno tuned or E-tuned just to be sure, because a generic tune for car A might not be the same on car B. It will be close, but never the same
Old 02-01-2017, 02:53 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just got a 2010 RDX last year. I picked up a Flashpro soon after. I don't have any other mods.

I've loaded the stock-tuned software. It's much better as a daily driver, basically no turbo lag and no spike from no boost to full boost with a touch of the throttle.

If you've got those mods, it's definitely worth it. Probably even loading the stock-tuned (reflash) software is better than factory.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:57 PM
Intermediate

what is a E-tune how those that work or how do you get it
Old 02-01-2017, 04:06 PM
Safety Car

It's done via your datalog. I know someone that been tuning the TL on here if you want I can recommend him to you. Look at my sig for my numbers

This is off of Vitts tuning websiteHow Does This eTuning Thing Work?

eTuning is the process of creating a custom calibration (custom tune) for your vehicle based on vehicle datalogs. The process is very simple for you, but very in depth in the background (our end). You do the easy part -- drive the vehicle just like you normally would, we do the hard part -- make it run right! How is this done without a dyno? As vehicles have evolved so have their ECU's (engine computers) -- allowing for very in depth and detailed datalogs due to advanced engine sensors. We are able to take this data and interpret it to build a completely custom tailored tune for your vehicle and specific modifications. We drive our vehicles day to day -- so why not build the perfect tune tailored to your street driving habits directly from datalogs you create while driving your car to work, school or just for pleasure?Is eTuning safe?

Hundreds of customers will agree - it is perfectly safe. We are not asking you to drive your vehicle in any fashion other than you would normally drive it -- whether cruising to work or having a spirited drive. Heck we have customers with 10 second cars making 700whp+ on our eTunes!
Old 02-02-2017, 05:03 AM
Intermediate

if you don't mind me asking how much is the cost for something like this thanks again
Old 02-02-2017, 08:26 AM
Safety Car

sent you a pm to lead you in the right direction