Navigation Front Speakers Only (continued)

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 11:00 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation Front Speakers Only (continued)

Took the car into the dealer to have body side molding put on and asked them if they could try and make the navigation system play through all speakers. They said they can't find any documented way that Acura provides for doing it.

However I've seen it posted here and other forums that people have gotten the dealer to do it. If you have any hints that can help me help the dealer discover how its done, please post your suggestions... Thank you!!
Old 09-29-2006, 11:08 AM
Master in Science

Originally Posted by scott06512
Took the car into the dealer to have body side molding put on and asked them if they could try and make the navigation system play through all speakers. They said they can't find any documented way that Acura provides for doing it.

However I've seen it posted here and other forums that people have gotten the dealer to do it. If you have any hints that can help me help the dealer discover how its done, please post your suggestions... Thank you!!
That's very interesting. The sound shop that installed my component speakers pulled the sound from only one output on the head unit, and in turn I lost the voice feedback feature, as it came from the other output. It would be cool if I could electronically make the sound come from all outputs... I've been saving patience to visit another audio store and have the wiring fixed (I have an amp in my TSX).

I wonder how different the RDX navigation system is to the TSX navi; besides the obvious difference in features, of course.

BUMP!!
Old 09-29-2006, 02:34 PM
Dennis

Used the nav system for the very first time this week. I had music playing (and not very loudly, either) and it was hard to hear the nav's voice directions. So I turned up the volume of the voice. That worked for me, but if you have the music cranked up really loud, it might not work for you.