lowered rdx on dubs..yo

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
lowered rdx on dubs..yo

well, i finally bit the bullet and cut my springs. im kidding. Eibach has (after more than a couple months) has released their pro-kit for the RDX. 1.3 Front/1.0 Rear. i am still trying to decide if the ride is ANY different at all. suspension is pretty firm to begin with...either way, if it did change, i can hardly notice.
This is what the RDX was supposed to look like!!!
Name:  loweredrdxdt018.jpg
Views: 7136
Size:  123.9 KB
i gotta run at the moment - i took pictures of the install. will post later tonight.
RDX representing from Northern VA - cose
Old 07-09-2007, 02:35 PM
Photographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
interesting...
Old 07-09-2007, 02:55 PM
Instructor

these came in this morning...10 minutes later, im in the air Name:  loweredrdxdt013.jpg
Views: 1366
Size:  85.6 KB
Name:  loweredrdxdt002.jpg
Views: 1419
Size:  41.5 KB
stock front suspension, new spring/bumpstop Name:  loweredrdxdt003.jpg
Views: 1330
Size:  69.9 KB
rear spring comparison
Name:  loweredrdxdt006.jpg
Views: 1392
Size:  75.3 KB
rear apart
Name:  loweredrdxdt008.jpg
Views: 1364
Size:  50.2 KB
touchdown! time to ride..
Name:  loweredrdxdt011.jpg
Views: 1791
Size:  16.7 KB
Name:  loweredrdxdt016.jpg
Views: 4399
Size:  104.1 KB
Old 07-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Photographer

ill tell you this the Eibach springs does look thicker and alot stronger than the stocks. any issues with camber?
Old 07-09-2007, 03:16 PM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
HOw much was the kit? that thing looks nice.
and hows the handling/suspension on the ride?
How does it feel when you hit lil bumps here and there?
and how does it feel when you turn/sharp turns around corners?
and how does it feel on straight roads?
Old 07-09-2007, 03:21 PM
Instructor

im going to drive around tonight and let things "settle" - alignment comes tommorrow. i will have numbers and a pretty spec sheet to show all of you haters that lurk behind those monitors at night...LOL...just admit it. there is not one thing wrong with what i have done. i dont want to read.."oh the ride is like bricks....im sure.." unless you have this setup, please dont tell me your opinion on how you -THINK- this setup must ride...because i dont care about story.
the installation took me about an hour, everything is still nice and new= no rust. typical honda engineering...simple.
any honda techs out there, tech beside me got 2 PDI's done in the time it took me to do this.
PEACE - cose
Old 07-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Instructor

im going to drive around tonight and let things "settle" - alignment comes tommorrow. i will have numbers and a pretty spec sheet to show all of you haters that lurk behind those monitors at night...LOL...just admit it. there is not one thing wrong with what i have done. i dont want to read.."oh the ride is like bricks....im sure.." unless you have this setup, please dont tell me your opinion on how you -THINK- this setup must ride...because i dont care about your thoughts.
the installation took me about an hour, everything is still nice and new= no rust. typical honda engineering...simple.
any honda techs out there, tech beside me got 2 PDI's done in the time it took me to do this.
PEACE - cose
Old 07-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by cose25
these came in this morning...10 minutes later, im in the air
Did you get a "before" measurement in those 10 mins? I'd love to see how close to the 1.3/1.0 they are after it settles. Looks great!
Old 07-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Got TURBO?

Excellent Job! cose25. Man That is one clean ride.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Photographer

nevermind lol
Old 07-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Instructor

before
Name:  rdxshoesdt640001.jpg
Views: 1757
Size:  56.0 KB
after
Name:  loweredrdx640018.jpg
Views: 1639
Size:  19.9 KB
the only real reason i did this was appearance reasons only. i feel the RDX takes corners like a beast as it is, so it really wasnt for the handling, though it sure it has improved some. im so happy with the loss of wheel gap i had going on there. thanks for the compliments..and yes, i did take measurements...LOL.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:06 PM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

for appearance huh?
You gotta love the ride on it thuogh...
What size tires/rims are those? 20's?
Old 07-09-2007, 04:15 PM
Instructor

rims = 20x8.5 TSW Estorils
tires = Avon 245/45/20
overall difference of total diameter stock/20 is roughly 0.5 inches taller. no speedo issues or anything like that. here is a pic of my boys with the same setup
Name:  dalerdx004640.jpg
Views: 3484
Size:  83.7 KB
Old 07-09-2007, 11:55 PM
B A N N E D

rims = 20x8.5 TSW Estorils
tires = Avon 245/45/20
overall difference of total diameter stock/20 is roughly 0.5 inches taller. no speedo issues or anything like that. here is a pic of my boys with the same setup
Those look like TSW Vortex rims, I have the same on my CX.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:15 AM
Instructor

i have the estorils - the silver RDX is sporting the vortex, they are the same size rim and the same tire.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Burning Brakes

First of all, I have to say that, the pics of the two lowered RDX posted here in this thread, is awesome looking. Great looking wheels... very cool...

But I find it really hard to see that the "lowering" or removal of the wheel well gap is really significant... The stock gap is already actually pretty small, kudos to Acura... some other SUVs have these humongous wheel well gaps... Not sure if it was worth the cost...given not much improvement in the handling... JMHO
Old 07-10-2007, 12:30 PM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

I agree mav,
if there's barely any improvement...then....its not much worth it,.
but thats not to say to KNOCK on you COse...
I think you did a superb job(i think all of us think so).
Just going for smooth riding...
Old 07-10-2007, 02:02 PM
Intermediate

VERY NIIIIICE!!!!

I also noted you remounted your front license plate. How did you do that? Zip ties?
Old 07-10-2007, 02:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Nyjumpman23
I agree mav,
if there's barely any improvement...then....its not much worth it,.
but thats not to say to KNOCK on you COse...
I think you did a superb job(i think all of us think so).
Just going for smooth riding...
Yeah... I had been contemplating on lowering my other car, TSX with the Eibach prokit system, which will seriously change the look of the TSX, and also the overall handling as well. The latter in the stock TSX, is okay, but could do with a bit of stiffness and control dialed into the stock suspension.

I bought the RDX so I won't get caught in the snow again, like the TSX which have significantly lower ground clearance than the RDX. So it never occured to me to even consider lowering the RDX. In fact, i am very impressed with Acura that it has kept the wheel well gaps small, relative to other SUV makes. The ride in the RDX for me, is simply awesome, in comparison to other much softer sprung SUVs. Some here may even think it is too stiff.

So I can only imagine that the Eibach kit can only make it equally stiff or stiffer (yikes!).
With the beautiful 20" wheels installed, I can only imagine the ride being even worse than the stock car with 18" wheels.

All in all, I think from the awesome pics put out, the 20" wheels as shown really stands out to me, and complements the RDX very well. The lowering kit, ummm... didn't do anything for me visually. I would to stare at it to make out the difference. JMHO.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:14 PM
Burning Brakes

im going to drive around tonight and let things "settle" - alignment comes tommorrow. i will have numbers and a pretty spec sheet to show all of you haters that lurk behind those monitors at night...LOL...just admit it. there is not one thing wrong with what i have done. i dont want to read.."oh the ride is like bricks....im sure.." unless you have this setup, please dont tell me your opinion on how you -THINK- this setup must ride...because i dont care about your thoughts.
PEACE - cose
wow... a little on the tacky side... hey, I really think your car is great looking, really...

But if one posts a thread out here, it should be entitled to comments, otherwise why bother putting out in the first place.

And you are right, there is absolutely nothing "wrong" with the mod... It probably did something significant for you, but some (or a few here) may not see the same effect as you do... it is not negative... just personal choices... Some like to eat beef, and some don''t care for it...

All done in an hour... wow... good stuff... I asked a local suspension shop to quote me on installing the prokit system in my TSX, and he was about to charge me $300.00 to do it, roughly 3 hours. So I am going to use your experience and question him on the quote.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:42 PM
Instructor

^^^ if you saw how many people here had something bad/negative to say about having 20" wheels, with no real facts - just "i would think that..." you would know im not just trying to be a hard-ass, sooo no. not tacky...just honest. i dont care.

the first post i had only driven a couple of miles (which did not include any corners...) and at that point, i could hardly tell i did anything until i hit the off ramps....

anyway - last night i was able to actually DRIVE around and the handling/cornering has improved dramatically. little to no body roll on on/off ramps (<--the RDX specialty). the stiffness is almost as stock with a little bit more feeling of "beefy" springs. all in all i am totally happy with the ride/appearance. kudos to eibach for taking forever to release these springs, it was worth the wait.

i wasnt able to get an alignment done tonight, i got busy..so tommorrow. the steering wheel is still straight anyway..

THANKS FOR ALL THE COMPLIMENTS!!!!

PEACE - cose
Old 07-10-2007, 06:59 PM
-Arsenic-

Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts
Damn dude that looks really good! Reppin the TSW lol I love my Thruxtons
Old 07-11-2007, 07:12 AM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Looks good Cose !!!
Had mine done yesterday and am quite pleased with the ride.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:24 AM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Looks Good!!
Had mine done yesterday.
I like the look.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:31 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by RENARELLO
Looks Good!!
Had mine done yesterday.
I like the look.
i like the look too. i cant believe some here cant tell a difference....sounds like something my mom would say...maybe thats the problem? LOL - you guys get worked up way too easy over some opinionated crap.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Instructor

That rdx is sweeeet as hell! is yous turbo?
Old 07-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Burning Brakes

What offset did you get?
Old 07-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Burning Brakes

i like the look too. i cant believe some here cant tell a difference....sounds like something my mom would say...maybe thats the problem? LOL - you guys get worked up way too easy over some opinionated crap.

"Sonny!... why are you spending all that money on something I can't see a difference in??@@!! Listen to your momma now, save all that money for your education and your kids..." just kidding...

okay, seriously, *squinting at screen*, I think I see a difference in the wheel gaps with the prokit installed... *rubbing eyes again*... yup... i think I see it... wait a minute... maybe not... hehehe... just kidding...

Nice ride, in any case...
for myself, fully contented with the stock Acura set-up, road dynamics very well controlled and wheel gap is not an issue... those stock 18" are plenty big for me... but 19" would be something that I might consider ...

I would not mind if Hondata comes out with a ECU remap that helps to put out mor ponies or torque, e.g. 300HP and 300 lb/ft. Not that the current stock specs is weak... but given it's AWD layout and already stiff stock chassis, I think 300HP and 300 lb/ft torque is not out of the question for the RDX.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Photographer

yup i would love to have a ECU reflash and bump the HP and torque up to around 300. then we would have a BEAST!
Old 07-11-2007, 05:21 PM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts

That looks a lot better... IMO...

Props man... Threads like these make me want to trade in my TL...
Old 07-11-2007, 05:38 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mav238
"Sonny!... why are you spending all that money on something I can't see a difference in??@@!! Listen to your momma now, save all that money for your education and your kids..." just kidding...

okay, seriously, *squinting at screen*, I think I see a difference in the wheel gaps with the prokit installed... *rubbing eyes again*... yup... i think I see it... wait a minute... maybe not... hehehe... just kidding...

Nice ride, in any case...
for myself, fully contented with the stock Acura set-up, road dynamics very well controlled and wheel gap is not an issue... those stock 18" are plenty big for me... but 19" would be something that I might consider ...

I would not mind if Hondata comes out with a ECU remap that helps to put out mor ponies or torque, e.g. 300HP and 300 lb/ft. Not that the current stock specs is weak... but given it's AWD layout and already stiff stock chassis, I think 300HP and 300 lb/ft torque is not out of the question for the RDX.
LOL...thank you for having a since of humor my friend. like i said earlier, i loved the way the suspension felt before and the handling was awesome. i just needed a performance oriented spring to lower the center of gravity a bit. Eibach did their homework with these springs. down the highway, its not rough - but each bump is quick and responsive. i drive the crap out of my RDX and have at least 2 tires squealing once a day on an off ramp <--city boy stuff....so, i do push this thing a bit. and the body roll has significantly been reduced to the point where it is easily recognizable. like its on rails even more so than before.

heres the alignment sheet. the only issue i have is the right rear camber. not sure whats up with that. have to look into it some more. the front came out nice. Name:  4wadt004.jpg
Views: 1337
Size:  73.5 KB
Name:  4wadt007.jpg
Views: 1381
Size:  43.2 KB
Old 07-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Burning Brakes

LOL...thank you for having a since of humor my friend. like i said earlier, i loved the way the suspension felt before and the handling was awesome. i just needed a performance oriented spring to lower the center of gravity a bit. Eibach did their homework with these springs. down the highway, its not rough - but each bump is quick and responsive. i drive the crap out of my RDX and have at least 2 tires squealing once a day on an off ramp <--city boy stuff....so, i do push this thing a bit. and the body roll has significantly been reduced to the point where it is easily recognizable. like its on rails even more so than before.
During your hard-driving, would there be by any chance, running over a deep pot-hole, hit a curb, or something that is enough to jolt the left rear suspension to be out of alignment?

My TSX had a 4 wheel alignment done only after 1 year of ownership, and the alignment was quite a bit out. My wife drives it, so i am not surprised if she had unknowingly jolted the suspension enough to misalign it.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Instructor

no way. no potholes or anything crazy like that...man! look at my fresh wheels dawg! LOL...i dont know what the deal is. the before specs were way out because of the removal/installation of the front strut assemblies. i just cant figure out why the camber is off like that. the only alignment adjustment (other than the s2k) is toe only front/rear. you can shim the older hondas in the rear, but cant do that in this case. all components are fixed/non adjustable. BTW..."hard driving" aka off ramp speed racer is not going to affect the alignment specs.

we rec. 4-wheel alignments every 15k miles or ~ 1 year... car goes through a LOT in 1 year, especially in the city.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hey Bro, I've been looking all over the place to drop my RDX ever since I got it the 3rd week it came out!!! You the man!! Just wanted to let you know that I customized an air intake to fit the RDX (only had to make air sensor fit) and man what a difference on the highway! It also gives it a nice growl, plus because of the diverter for the turbo release, it sounds sick (like Darth Vaders breath) when you let go of the gas. I just signed up to reply to you, but when I get the chance I'll post some pics.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DgDiamondz
Hey Bro, I've been looking all over the place to drop my RDX ever since I got it the 3rd week it came out!!! You the man!! Just wanted to let you know that I customized an air intake to fit the RDX (only had to make air sensor fit) and man what a difference on the highway! It also gives it a nice growl, plus because of the diverter for the turbo release, it sounds sick (like Darth Vaders breath) when you let go of the gas. I just signed up to reply to you, but when I get the chance I'll post some pics.
I've been calling Eibach every 2 weeks for the past 3 months. I'm not so happy with the fact that they kept telling me specific dates and then, nothing. well, im glad i had to wait, these springs are awesome with a very sporty ride (if youre into that) i seriously feel like im driving a car as far as handling goes (need more accleration....) thanks for the compliments.

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/S...lar=&brand=all

PEACE - cose
Old 07-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Race Director

hot RDX!
Old 07-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Advanced

Both look great!

Old 07-29-2007, 03:09 AM
Advanced

before

after

the only real reason i did this was appearance reasons only. i feel the RDX takes corners like a beast as it is, so it really wasnt for the handling, though it sure it has improved some. im so happy with the loss of wheel gap i had going on there. thanks for the compliments..and yes, i did take measurements...LOL.
Damn, looks badass, and you've got my favorite color rdx too. Great job, I can definitely see the difference with the drop, especially in front. Thats a decent amount of camber in the rear though, I wonder if any manufacturer will make an adjustable upper arm to dial it in a bit.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Cruisin'

heres the alignment sheet. the only issue i have is the right rear camber. not sure whats up with that. have to look into it some more. the front came out nice.

Any update what happen to the alignment ?????
Old 08-07-2007, 10:54 PM
大日本帝国

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by 6sp_03
That rdx is sweeeet as hell! is yous turbo?
Are you kidding?

~Cheers~

P.S. @OP, looking good, m8!

Quick Reply: lowered rdx on dubs..yo