AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1G RDX (2007-2012) (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-rdx-2007-2012-147/)
-   -   Low boost, slow acceleration, only building 25% boost p2263 p0420 p0299 any help? (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-rdx-2007-2012-147/low-boost-slow-acceleration-only-building-25%25-boost-p2263-p0420-p0299-any-help-978059/)

cperkins87 03-18-2019 08:31 PM

Low boost, slow acceleration, only building 25% boost p2263 p0420 p0299 any help?

I have issue with my 08 rdx you may be able to figure out. driving me bonkers. I got it for a steal at the auction. When I got it it was Throwing p2263 code and p0420 and p0299. The lady had it before me at 176k miles was already lookin at a new rdx. She brought it in for oil change and because it was running slow on acceleration and not going past 1/4 of the way in boost gauge. Dealer told her bad turbo and would cost more to fix than it’s worth. They sold her a new car of course. No other notes in service tech than bad turbo. Didn’t say way. I’ve seen them diagnose bad turbo with stuff just being like a bad actuator before. There shady here

The car runs and drives good but very slow and anything past 50% throttle and it feels like even more restriction. Lower throttle works ok just very slow still. Sometimes randomly it will have a little more pep than others. It never goes above 1/4th on the boost gauge

I’ve checked for boost leaks. Replaced the maf. Reset the ecu. You can hear the turbo spool esp with an upgraded intake which actually helps keep the codes away longer. In neutral it wil rev fast an no issue but no boost showing on gauge in park or neutral, not sure if that’s normal. just builds in driving mode and builds and drops off when it shifts like normal but low.

I’m seeing on my code scanner the cat temp gets up to 1300deg and when sitting it’s like 800ish. I see the 02 sensor voltage fluctuate a lot when i rev it. Not sure what it’s supposed to be. I wouldn’t think if it was an 02 it wouldn’t do this or would make a dealer say bad turbo and cause this much issue but the master tech at Sutton told them it was the turbo itself. I just find it hard to think it’s the whole turbo. Feels more like stuck wastgate or clogged cat or something. I have never removed a turbo and I don’t want to mess anything up or throw money at it without knowing for sure what’s wrong. The actuator is like 230$. New cats are 275 I think. And a catless down pipe is 400. Refurbished turbo is 800$ on eBay. I feel like if the turbo is bad it wouldn’t spool so quick and then just stop and hesitate. It’s like an actuator or something flow control is stopping it. The rod ends look fine on the actuator too. The car currently has no check engine light BUTT in pending codes the codes that were showing are there in pending. They were popping up every drive cycle with stock air box and after adding the intake I cs. Hear the turbo spool and I can hear the bypass valve working also.
Has anyone had this issue. It also seems shifting is delayed if your wide open throttle but driving it below 50% throttle and it runs and shifts great just going up hill is a struggle at highway speed.

cperkins87 03-18-2019 08:49 PM

I was having a little rattle under hard acceleration but I don’t hear it anymore.

Boxster98 03-19-2019 09:32 AM

Hiw is your fuel trim?

assume you checked plugs? Fuel trim? Vacuum leak? And possible fuel delivery issue?
I had same codes you had last summer. I have a 2007. Replacing plugs, many hoses that leaked, cleaned MAF solved the issues i had similar to what your describing.

cperkins87 03-20-2019 02:59 AM

I haven’t checked the plugs but will do. I am going to remove intercooler and check all the hoses and everything but it feels super like stuck something. Like it’s crazy. I’ll upload data tomorrow from driving and show what the numbers are on live data.

cperkins87 03-21-2019 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Boxster98 (Post 16400175)
assume you checked plugs? Fuel trim? Vacuum leak? And possible fuel delivery issue?
I had same codes you had last summer. I have a 2007. Replacing plugs, many hoses that leaked, cleaned MAF solved the issues i had similar to what your describing.

replaced plugs with laser iridiums. No help. Cleaned intercooler. Checked all hoses. Nothing. The actuator rd has zero play. Almost looks new.

Poveiro 03-21-2019 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by cperkins87 (Post 16401041)

replaced plugs with laser iridiums. No help. Cleaned intercooler. Checked all hoses. Nothing. The actuator rd has zero play. Almost looks new.

Go see the videos on my tread maybe the same.
https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-rdx-...-fixit-976081/

jeffsaidso 04-21-2023 09:42 PM

disconnect the 2nd cat from the top side and go for a drive, My guess is your 2nd cat is clogged.