Just an

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 06:09 PM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
Just an

So, I haven't said much about the RDX lately with acquiring the Camry, now TL, but I still have it... The RDX spends a lot of its time in Louisiana still, I keep the TL here with me... I drive the RDX when it's here... We've been in the process of relocating and such, it's been a mess... This why I'm on here, then I'm not... Anyway, for the past six-ish months now I've been getting reports from the driver of the RDX that it's been having problems with the key getting stuck, well, that ended up being the ignition itself and not the keys as the dealer (Walker Acura) insisted... That's why we had that rental Hyundai Elantra in early February... That is fixed...

Not long after that, it began having the door locks repetitively unlock... I always felt it was the actuator... But after having a dead battery last month or so, we bright it to (Walker Acura), let me stop here, the rear drivers window would also go down when turning on the ignition, they replaced the rear regulator and motor and battery because it had low voltage... Sounds wrong, huh? I think so... Anyway, after having both the door locks, and window allegedly repaired, later that day, the window did it again, but the locks had been fine... I've always had some strange electrical issues, like not reading nav disc on occasion and check SH-AWD, check Emmissions System, and check Engine (hasn't happened in months)...

Everthing the the dealer did has been fine for about a week and a had now, but today, so put the key in the ignition, the window goes down, after trying the switch a few times, it went on, I immediately put on the window lock to stop that mess... After that, when I cranked the engine, the door locks cycled unlock in all four doors, and it was already unlocked... It repeatedly done this while driving around today... It will randomly unlock again and again, then not do it... Also, when locking the doors with the fob, it works fine... But sometimes it on an unlocking kick, and will unlock itself after locking and arming the alarm... This quits after a minute, then you can lock it... Who knows, it may unlock itself overnight... I noticed a red pight by theboost gauge, the one for being armed... It's funny, I never noticed it until yesterday, and I've had the RDX for a year as a had now... I've only ever seen the security light by the radio... The TL has one when unlocked, and two when armed, as it should... I wonder if this also indicated a problem in the RDX... That it would start working out of nowhere...

Next week, well, Wednesday, in almost two weeks, I'll have tie rid ends, sway ends, and rear torque rods put in.... This explains the light steering, and I have to drive so slow, take clicking and clunking so bad, but I have the appointment scheduled this will be done by Mike Whatley Honda in Mississippi, they're very good here...

I will will also have an EVAP service done, this will hopefully fix the room temature AC... I know the blend door is bad, but it still works smoggy... Also, I occasionally have the hot/cold thing happen, but I mean rarely...

Quick quick update on the TL, it's been fine, drove it 350 miles yesterday... It could use an alignment, but it's barely noticeable... I think the purge valve is bad... Passenger front window clicks, but won't move, I had a Lexus that would do that for a few months on a random window that it would work again... Now worried about it... I have a slight clunk in the suspension (front driver) but it's not bad yet, and the RDX comes first... (RDX is far more in need right now) Also, the valve lash may need adjustment, it makes a slight valve tick, and it seems to smoke a little white, but I might just be in my head... Either way, I will fix all of this stuff... This is primarily an RDX update for you guys, and please offer any advice if you have it... I've searched through the the forums and read as much as I could on all of this... Thanks... Feel free to move this thread, I don't really know where to put it... See y'all later...